CarefulCounter's Food Diary

Hi guys, thanks for your messages. I've been staying with my parents for the last 10 days having a lovely relaxing Christmas. Not been counting but trying to just have 1 choc or a small slice of cake and stop when full etc. Will be back posting from next week. So long!

hope you've had a lovely xmas and new year :) your eating sounds sensible so im sure you will be fine! xxx

awww, dont blame you hun! hope you feel better soon :) xxx

Thanks Rach, being ill sucks esp first week back at work! Nearly 100% now thank goodness though both my parents are suffering much worse poor things. Glad you're settling into school!

B - slice best of both, pb, cranberry juice (pre-gym)= 166
L - wholemeal bagel, phil extra light mini tub, smoked salmon, mini gala apple, tea = 406
S - half skinny latte = 60
D - junior bacon cheese burger and half portion chips at BGK mmm! = 842

= 1474 - 312 for bodycombat class (so glad to be back! missed first one of the year coz of stinky cold grr!)

Really enjoying the aches today from yesterday's combat class! :)

B - W-bix x2, raisin wheats, semi-skim milk, ski smooth yoghurt, cranberry juice, tea = 433
S - Biscotto (choc/coffee wafer thingies I got for Xmas - ADDICTIVE!) = 219
S - McVitie crispy slices x3, tea with semi-skim milk = 172
D - tuscan bean stew, cod loin fillet, broccoli, cauliflower = 399
S - Biscotto = 146

= 1369

The grandly named 'Tuscan Bean Stew' was a throw together that turned out rather yummy so here's the recipe in case you fancy something similar:
I gently fried a red onion and orange pepper in 10ml olive oil, added a few leftover mushrooms, can of tomatos with garlic, tin of black-eyed beans, 40g tomato paste, 100g frozen sweetcorn, salt, pepper and fajita spice mix to taste (for a warmth rather than a chilli con carne kick). Let it bubble and reduce a tad for about 20 mins. It makes 4 portions of 253 cals each (8g fat, 35g carbs, 12g protein).

Hope everyone had a lovely restful weekend xx

B - slice best both toast, poached egg, cranberry juice, tea, apple = 283
S - choc bix = 136
L - wrap, phil extra light, smoked salmon, avocado, carrot, melon = 442
S - ski smooth = 126
D - potato wedges - 1 potato, 10ml oil, veggie sausage, cauli, broc, peas, ketchup = 438

= 1425 - body combat 300 = 1125

Hi hun, just catching up - love the sound of your tuscan bean stew! Will defo have to be trying that sometime soon! Take care xxx

We're not talking about yesterday - I had a crap day (although believe it or not today was worse) and it showed in my food consumption, sigh.

Anyway, today -
B - best of both toast, scrambled egg (1 egg, 1 egg white), cranberry juice, tea
S - apple
L - tuna mayo sandwich
S - choc digestive, caramel celebration
D - half veggie pizza, salad

= 1234

B - best of both toasted x2, pb, olivio, raspberry jam, cranberry juice, tea, melon =
S - digestive bix =
L - lentil and bacon soup, salad, apple =
S - digestive bix x2, matchmakers x2, oatybar =
D - butternut squash, tuscan bean stew, broccoli, cauli, Rachel's greek yoghurt with honey =

= 1537 - 327 for LBT and 20 mins on treadmill (ran half of that in intervals) = 1210

Really wasn't hungry for/didn't want to digestives and matchmakers in the afternoon, it was really boredom. But had hard workout and pleased with doing some cardio before.

well done on all your exercise! :D i have nicked your stew recipe as it sounds lush - think i'll be making that for tea one day this weekend :)

i've just gone back to spinning tonight and i totally agree how fab it feels to be back exercising :) x

Hehe I still haven't gone back to spinning - I'm a bit intimidated by it. I don't think my heart rate has ever been that high IN MY LIFE as when I did that BEGINNER session!

Anyway, I didn't post yesterdays eats - I was going to skim over it and hope no one noticed but that would be cheating so to speak. I did fine for breakfast and lunch and didn't snack despite an exceptionally boring afternoon. I went to the supermarket, was very restrained...and then I broke, I was craving pasta so had my veggie sausages with a mound of (wholewheat at least!) pasta and dolmio stir in...then I was tidying my cupboards in an attempt to distract myself and found some more of those evil biscotto chocolatey bix my cousins gave me for christmas (trust a man to give you a massive tin of biscuits!) - I'd eaten quite a few and taken a packet into work but ahem, now there are none left. So yes, drawing a line!

I do think that maybe now I go to the gym 3+ times a week my metabolism is up and I'm burning maybe more cals than I'm accounting for and that's why I'm feeling more hungry and struggling. I'd rather lose weight slower and not binge or over-eat some days than try and keep the cals to 1300 so I'm going to up to 1400 and make sure I eat all my exercise calories. I am happy with the toning I'm getting from the gym and I need to feed my muscles!

Today - much better already! Got up and after a W-bix with milk and juice I went to bodycombat and punched and kicked my heart out. Just drinking a cup of tea, eating a pot of yoghurt and melon while I cool down before I hop in the shower and do some housework. Got lunch planned on the nice things I bought yesterday and going out to an italian with a friend tonight where i WILL make good choices!

Will post food now and update later/tomorrow.

B - Weetabix, milk, cranberry juice = 162
S - Rachel's greek yog with honey (food of the gods I tell ya!), melon = 177
L - Tuscan bean stew, salad leaves, tomato, avocado, goat's cheese, half a bagel = 475
S - apple, almonds = 161 (and packing an oatybar just in case - dinner isn't booked til 830pm!!!)
D - ?

So that's 975 so far (without oatybar), minus 387 for combat = 588 so lots to play with for dinner!

Have a lovely day in the rain - can't complain really, least it isn't snowing!!

Edit - had some ciabatta and spaghetti with mushroom, pepper, onion, bacon and egg yolks...I've logged it all as 520 for pasta and 120 for bread, brings me to 1605 - 387 for combat so good score!

Last edited:
how do I delete a post? I press the edit button which says edit/delete when you hover over it, but I can't find the delete button!!

Last edited:
Eugh Sundays are hard work food wise - the day goes by slowly and I have full access to my fridge and cupboards unlike at work!

B - wholemeal english muffin, poached egg, smoked salmon, tea, juice
S - slice of soreen light fruit loaf
L - salad leaves, goats cheese, avocado, tomato, sunflower seeds, english muffin, jam, olivio
S - Biscotto (evil ******* are finally gone now!), square dark choc
D - chicken breast, nandos bbq marinade, sweet potato, olivio, green beans

=1387

Have to work tomorrow evening (ie in addition to usual day) - hate having to do that on mondays coz a) it makes you tired all week and b) I have to miss combat!!!

Well done you on the amount of exercise you're doing - Very impressive! You certainly seem to be in the zone diet wise. When's your WI? - Am getting quite excited for you! Hope your extra shift at work goes quickly and doesnt affect the rest of your week. Take care xxx

I only weigh every 2 weeks, but will be this week. Thanks for encouragement, am really loving the classes and the exercise is a good stress relief!

B - best of both x2, pb, poached egg, juice, tea = 352
S - soreen light loaf = 103
L - tomato and black bean soup, wholemeal english muffin, goat cheese, greek yoghurt, honey = 403
D - WW spag bol, peas, apple = 429
S - W-bix, milk = 105

= 1379.

every 2 weeks? thats amazing restraint - I only weigh once a week but i do find it difficult!

i think you're doing the right thing on the upping of your calories - i always struggle after spinning - either on the night or the day after.. you need the extra energy.

what day will you have your WI this week? x

I will WI tomorrow if I remember to before I shower etc! It's not discipline that stops me weighing more often, it's forgetfulness and a preference for ignorance! Sometimes I feel slimmer but the scale disagrees!

Well today was going fine until half an hour ago when I had one of my 'stand-in-the-kitchen-at-the-cupboard-and-munch-mindlessly-trying-to-stop-but-knowing-you-are-really-in-control-of-your-own-actions-and-self-sabotaging' moments! So cross with myself. I have brushed teeth and got into bed now. Part of my problem is that i live on my own so no one knows! Aka if someone was there I wouldn't go and eat a big bowl of cereal (3 W-bix) and choc (5 squares of lindt with almonds to be precise!). GRRR!

I'm going to post it all though - accountability matters!

B - wholemeal bagel, pb, juice, tea = 379
S - stolen slice = 164
L - tinned salmon, phil extra light, baked potato, almonds, oatybar = 453
S - greek yog, honey = 95
D - rice noodles, mushroom, pepper, onion, courgette, carrot, chow mein sauce, olive oil = 396

*deep breath!* + 5 squares dark lindt with almonds, 3 W-bix, milk = 390

minus 358 for bodybalance (mix of tai chi, pilates and yoga) and short cardio workout

= (1877-358) = 1510

oof maybe not horrific but needless!!

Drawing a line, drawing a line!

Am going for consultation about laser eye surgery on Friday afternoon - really excited/nervous (more excited) - really hope my eyes are suitable!!

Dont beat yourself up over your moment in the goodie cupboard. You've drawn a line which is the important thing and shouldnt really affect your WI as you've been fab all week. Hope WI went well this morning and that you've had a lovely day. Good luck for Fridays appt - fingers and toes crossed for you!

Thanks Jax. Totally forgot to hop on the scales til I was showered, dressed, breakfasted and about to leave for work! Have left scale in hall to fall over tomorrow morning to remind me hehe!

Foodfocus website is not working this evening - I feel lost without it!! It says the site has exceeded its bandwith - all those January dieters!

So, can't recall the calories but was planned out well to come to about 1400 and I have only eaten what I planned to.

B - poached eggs x2, juice, tea, best of both x2 = 356
S - apple = 74
L - tinned salmon mixed with phili extra light, wholemeal wrap, fake mcvities crispy slices x3, cup-a-soup = 523
S - W-bix, milk = 105
D - baked sweet potato, portobello mushrooms x3, goat cheese, green beans, carrots, olivio = 465

= 1523 - 387 = 1136

Last edited:
Back