CarefulCounter's Food Diary

B - bagel, phili extra light, smoked salmon, tea = 333
S - almonds = 87
L - tomato and black bean soup, wholemeal muffin, goat cheese = 291
D - pepper, courgette, mushroom, onion, carrot, rice noodles, chow mein sauce, olive oil, greek yog, honey = 529

= 1240 so far but prob have a nibble of dark choc later

Hey, where's your WI result? Surely you tripped over the scales this morning! Hope all is well. Take care xxx

Hehe I did fall over them, you can imagine, bleary eyed, hair like a haystack, went flying into the bathroom door in attempt to stay upright!

It was a STS but that is ok coz last 2 weeks I have struggled with work stress and was ill with cold so only just got back into my gym habit.

well done on your STS Rach :D

how did your eye appointment go today? xxx

Hello - eye appointment was really exciting. Turns out I'm eligible and have booked it for mid-Feb eeeeeek!!! Can't believe I will be glasses free til I need reading glasses in my 40s (hopefully!). It is expensive (went for the best options coz this is my EYES we're talking about!!) but actually only 4 yrs of contact lenses! Not bad really!

Went for dinner after with my mum and a place we haven't been to before - Giraffe. Yes I should have had one of their amazing looking salads but we were hungry and I always have a 'day off' once a week so had their minted lamb burger on foccacia with feta and salsa. I took the 'lid' off and it only came with about 150g chips so don't feel too bad. Have logged the Wetherspoons lamb burger with chips but I expect that it was a smaller portion of chips that that would have and I didn't eat the lid; but my total comes then to maintenence level which is my aim when I treat myself. And I am going to combat AND attack in the morning (new routines being released!). Am shattered now though, thank goodness for weekends!

B - muesli, W-bix, milk, juice, tea = 581
L - apple, split pea soup, carrot = 292
S - 2% greek yog = 120
D - lamb burger = 710

= 1703

B - W-bix x2, milk, juice, tea = 229
L - olive oil, pepper, courgette, 2 eggs, 1 egg white, bns, goat cheese, best of both, pb = 501
S - soreen light fruit loaf = 309
D - tesco veg pizza = 785

Been an eating MACHINE today and absolutely shattered - the new routines for combat and attack were released today at my gym so they put attack on this morning (not usual) so I did that straight after my usual combat! 2 hrs of kick-butt workouts! So I feel my munching is well deserved!

= 1824 - 700 for classes = 1125

B - greek yoghurt, honey, W-bix, skim milk, tea with semi-skim milk, juice = 232
L - roast beef dinner = 745
S - mini brownie bite = 49
D - still full!! prob an apple ad slice toast = 228

= 1254

is there really 228 kcal in a slice of toast and an apple? that sounds like a horrendously high amount!

so glad you are eligible for your eyes hun :) xxx

Yes I may have missed out, 'toffee' from that list hehe!!
Was happy and decided about my eyes then when I mentioned it to a friend she said 'oh but your prescription isn't that bad? why are you taking the risk etc' and my dad said something similar though also saying that he doesn't wear glasses so doesn't know what it's like. It threw me coz I thought maybe I was being vain and unnecessary and other people with my mild prescription go around seeing the world blurry and putting glasses on or driving/tv/computer. Bt then I chatted with my mum and another friend and I'm decided (nrly) again (I think!) - it will mean i'll be rid of contacts and glasses til i need reading glasses when i'm middle-aged. I hate wearing my glasses and am sick of my contacts and feel they are damaging my eyes. Oh I don't know!!! :S:S:S:S

Anyway, I've been fretting about it. I felt a lot better after combat this evening, despite being sore 5 minutes in as a result of saturday's class! (New routine = new sore muscles!)

B - best of bth x2, pb, juice, tea with s/s milk = 320
S - almonds = 87
L - lentil and bacon soup, salad, apple = 332
S - greek yog, honey, scone = 239
D - wholemeal pasta, dolmio sweet pepper stir in, pepper, courgette, mushroom, sweetcorn, parmesan = 464

= 1442 - 312 for combat = 1130 gosh low, I thought scone would wack it higher!

dont let anyone put you off - my sister and my OH's brother have both had it done and have never looked back. Worth every penny to both of them! xxx

Thanks Rach, just the encouragement I needed. Have decided to go for it and that's it. Done. Phew!

Not really feeling yesterday's combat class in my muscles today so must be getting tougher!

B - wholemeal english muffin, egg+2whites scrambled, juice, tea = 279
S - apple = 74
L - lentil and bacon soup, salad, greek yog, honey = 362
S - best of both, pb = 146
D - broccoli/cauli, Tesco finest shepherds pie = 432

= 1343

No gym tonight.
Re: the shepherd's pie - this was a) delicious and b) a compromise. I needed milk etc and really craved a pizza/chocolate. I managed to exercise enough self-control to just get a tastey ready meal forover half the calories of a pizza. I did get a regular dairy milk bar too. Haven't eaten it yet but probably will end up doing so! Not going to get cross, will make me 1600 but am less fixating on the numbers at the moment knowing I am working so hard at gym classes - hopefully not a downward spiral though! At least I prevented a pig out hehe!

B - juice, tea, bagel, phili xl, smoked salmon = 424
L - apple, tomato and black bean soup, wholemeal muffin, dorset cereal bar = 484
S - greek yog, honey, soreen = 261
D - chicken breast, BBQ marinade, green beans, baked potato, olivio, mango = 450

= 1619 - 387 (combat) = 1232

did you have the choccy bar in the end?

btw, are you anywhere near Brum? if so, some of us are meeting for food and alcohol on Sat 6th Feb if you fancy? x

Hehe I did!
Oh that would be lovely (am about hr and half from Brum and have friends there) but I am visiting with a friend in London that weekend! Thank you for the offer though!! Bet you'll have a fabulous time!!

aww next time then :( we're having another in York soon but not sure on details yet! xxx

B - best of both, eggsx2, mushroom, juice, tea = 293
S - almonds, carrot = 112
L - tomato and black bean soup, tortilla wrap, mango = 306
S - greek yog, honey, soreen = 207
D - moroccan burger, quinoa, brussel sprouts, peas = 457
S - hot choc = 40

= 1415 - LBT (aka BOOT CAMP!!) 208 = 1207

=

The moroccan burger sounds lovely!
Boot camp sounda hard lol

They're just sainsburys ones, from vegetarian section in freezers. Got a nice kick and some whole chickpeas for texture.
Thanks for visiting my (boring!) food and whinging diary hehe !

still sounds nice, am always in sainsburys so will see if I can find them.
I like to visit other people diaries, gives people support & motivation :D

We dont have a sainsburrys in Dublin :(((

Can anyone send me some by post :)) hehe just kidding, i guess i could drive up the north, but well im doing CD lol so no no, i will resist...

Well done on diary - i like to read them too :))

Amber

Back