Carly's Diary - Fit and Fabulous (fingers crossed)

Carly1882

Hi Everyone

I have previously lost weight of Cambridge and am looking to shift the last bit on S&S. The variety looks good and the ready meals appeal to me for lunch at work to have something warm.
I have just placed by first 2 week order and will see how I go. I got back from Cyprus yesterday and have put on 4lbs (not too bad) so have a stone to lose. I am thinking of maybe trying to lose an estra 7lbs when I get to target but want to see how I feel at 10stone 7 first.

I have read through the threads and feel inspired again so hopefully can join you all. Just a quick question for some of your opinions. My package should arrive tomorrow so not sure whether to start tomorrow or wednesday or wait until next monday as I have my cousins 21st saturday night and mt father in laws birthday meal sunday. I am thinking wait as I feel that I may undo three days good work with birthday cake!

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all :)

Hi Carly - Congratulations on your weight loss so far and doing so well to not put too much back on!

Fortunately, you've done most of the hard work so far, so if you're happy with the speed at which you lose weight, I would wait until after the weekend. You find that the first week weight loss is usually the largest, which would inspire you if you start after the weekend and stick to it. However, if you feel that you could resist temptation, then start straight away.

Having done Cambridge 18 months ago (and putting it all back on!), I've just restarted on Slim n Save today. I had the packs for a few days, but made up my mind that I'd start today and enjoy my weekend!

Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy to just get back in the saddle again.

Welcome hun, sure that 4lb will be gone in no time

Everyone is mega friendly on here which helps Xx

Thanks girls.
I think I will wait until monday but I am so eager to try all the products!

How did you find the products compared with Cambridge Derika? Are the losses about the same? I lose between 6 and 8lbs in the first week then between 2 and 4lbs after that so hoping it wont take more than 6 weeks to get to target. I do lots of exercise so hoping have the meals will help keep me full.

Hi Carly, welcome to the forum. I did Cambridge a few years ago and have found the losses to be the same but I think the packs of S&S are nicer and there's a better variety, I'm sure you'll love it and will soon lose that stone x

Thanks all!

I started today as I ended up with a terrible tummy bug last week so haven't eaten much and the only things I could stomach were carbs!
I have had a praline bar for breakfast and it was really nice I was surprised as the Cambridge bars taste more like chemicals than the S&S one. I thought it tasted abit like a flyte!

Congrats on starting, and glad your obviously feeling better!!

I started yesterday, and have been quite surprised by the packs. Shakes are defo better with ice blended, and wasn't keen on the almond bar, but individual tastes will vary!! The cottage pie was yum, don't be out off by the appearance!!

Good luck!! :)

Thanks Rhi! I didnt order the almond I dont like them anyway so I just ordered the 3 choc ones. I have chilli for lunch hoping it is nice! I have heard about the cottage pie looking dodgy! May try it tomorrow! I am going to the gym tonight so will weigh in there and then do the same next Tuesday night. I am so hoping for 7 lbs this week. How about you?x

Thanks girls.
I think I will wait until monday but I am so eager to try all the products!

How did you find the products compared with Cambridge Derika? Are the losses about the same? I lose between 6 and 8lbs in the first week then between 2 and 4lbs after that so hoping it wont take more than 6 weeks to get to target. I do lots of exercise so hoping have the meals will help keep me full.

Hi Carly - glad you've got in your groove and are feeling better.

Having completed my first week yesterday, I lost 10lbs, which if I'm not mistaken was the same as I lost 1st week on Cambridge. I would therefore say that the losses are probably comparable, but the bonus is the packs are much nicer and there's a fantastic variety - and the luxury of adding a protein/veg meal should you want it.

Wishing you a fantastic first week!

I'm hoping to lose as much as possible this week...and every week after that!! I need a good boost!! For once I actually can see this maybe making it long term, which is a first for me! I usually seem to focus on making it 'until my birthday' or 'until so and so's wedding', whereas now I really want to focus on 'until I've lost the weight'. This diet is a great quick fix to lose weight short term, but for it to be actually any use to me I Need to see it as a long term thing!!

:)

Thanks Derika, 10lbs in the first week is amazing! I am so jealous! I am not expecting 10lbs but I lost 8lbs on cambridge in my very first week so will be happy with anything between 5 and 7 this week and hopefully anything between 2 and 4 subsequent weeks!
Long term I will cut the carbs out except for special occassions and occasional meals out and then just keep my gym routine up at 5 times a week.
I am struggling after being ill last week to get back into the gym.....I must go tonight!

I like all the meals so far, apart from porridge, glad you are feeling a bit better. The amount you want to lose wont take long at all!

Just had omelette and mushrooms! Just having a cup of tea and bed wooooo! Day 1 - 100%
Weekend will be hard that's when I have little cheats!

Hey thought I'd drop past your diary! You seem to be doing fine, I'm sure you'll be at goal before you know it x

Thanks Tigerlily, i hope i dont mess around with this and drag it out, I just want to get to goal and then carry on with my exercise and healthy eating.

Just made the mac cheese and added cauliflower - its quite runny on its own but not unpleasant. Just added in 100g of cauli and its made the difference. Pleasantly surprised. I am going to have half a coconut bar this afternoon and then having Nando's tonight, will have the chicken breast and salad with no dressing. Looking forward to it. I have a birthday dinner on sunday so have planned ahead with the menu and will have either the roast chicken and trade the pots and yorkshire with my bfs veg OR the bakes aubergine with mushroom ragu. I am thinking the veggie option as I think I might be tempted with the potatoes a yorskhire!

This is definitely one of my big fears...that ill just mess about and that having 6st to lose I could end up yoyo-ing forever :-(

I have managed to keep off 2 stone 4lbs for the last 9 months and I know I have to watch what I eat and keep up exercise 4-5 times per week inorder to maintain. Just hoping i dont do 2 weeks on this and then get bored and lazy and start cheating. The quicker this weight comes off the better.

Day 2 I think I prob had more salad than the 200g but went to nandos and managed to eat on plan so all good! Day 3 today hoping for another good day to keep me in the zone.
I

Your doing so well, your gonna breeze through this! x

Back