Step2 810kcal Carrie's step 2 68kg

Funny how we all have different tastes as I hate the spaghetti bolognaise pack. But know what you mean about the inches rather than weight, it's a good motivator. Good idea with the ribbon, I've not heard of that.

Oh I missed page 2! Glad the bath did the trick. Don't be disappointed with 6 lbs, this is a different journey to last time and I would say that is a solid 1st week. Don't they say the first week is generally water anyway?

Lucy - what are your fave packs? I hate the porridge and soups...so stick to shakes, smoothies and the spag bol/tikka rice with the odd bar now and again.

Every lb is a step better off, think we all need to get this in our heads don't we, me included, think we just always want more. But the inches off are definitely good motivation.
I just have the bars and shakes, the leek and potato soup isn't too terrible but don't like any of the meal packs or porridge unfortunately.

Hey Lucy... all good here. Got weighed this morning, another Kilo gone - that's 7.4kgs to date. Thankfully it's Monday again, I find it much easier through the work when I'm busy rather than the weekends.

I actually do feel less connected as I've been saying no to any social things. How do others manage that stuff? I don't want to make a big deal about why, as some people respond negatively to dieting in particular with meal replacements and I don't want to feel like I have to justify what I'm doing.

Wow carrie39, that's good going, well done you. How long have you been doing it now?
But yes know what you mean about being invited out, my friends just say oh just have one meal and then start again tomorrow, if only it was that easy. But your right, we shouldn't have to explain ourselves, they should just be happy with what we're doing!
And yes foofighter, I like that compromise, miss the meal and then meet for a drink afterwards. How far away from your stone mark are you? Sounds like it'll be some new smaller clothes for your treat.

Gotta love a boiled egg to save the day lol

I've been doing it 4 weeks now / heading into 5th week. I don't feel as deprived doing step 2, so finding it less of a challenge than when I did SS before. I could still sleep for England though... feel very tired!... and feeling like my brain is not firing on all cylinders!

Foo fighter - shoes are the way to go, never change size ;)

Here's to another good week :)

Yeah I'm beginning to hate the scales, why do we do it to ourselves, wish I could just do my weekly weigh in with the consultant and ditch my daily weigh.

Had a massive massive headache today and left work early - after my dinner shake I felt I really needed to eat something... wanted some comfort food to make me feel better. I had an egg and some chicken ... so 200cals extra.... not a huge amount of comfort but it was something. It's literally the first time since being in Cambridge I wanted to crumble and eat a bag of potato chips. I think I just need to goto bed early <feeling sorry for myself>. See my consultant tomorrow after 2 weeks - I need a pep talk on keeping my eye on the prize!

Lucy - I can't daily weigh - it would drive nuts as I yo yo so much! I do weigh twice a week once with consultant then a naked pre-brekky weigh on a Monday morning. to be honest I'd love to just go off measurements as that means something but that's not when you do when you lose weight ;)

Oh bless ya Carrie, hope you're feeling better soon. Sounds like you delt with your moment quite well, good on you. Yes we can do this girlies!
But do definitely need to knock this weighing business on the head, I do go up and down and it does take over my mind.

Yep, think what we've already lost in this short space of time, I know we always wish for better results but it's good going what we've done!

I think I had crazy virus or something... two days of major headache...feeling a bit more normal today thank God. It's amazing how natural reaction is to eat some comfort food ;)

Bless you Carrie, have you been good? Ive had laryngitis this week. Was coping until yesterday when my friend brought me a cake and I caved!!! So weigh in this morning, no loss for me, well only 4ounces, not that I should be surprised. Start again today!! But know what you mean, when you're not feeling quite right, food is definitely a comfort, but totally wasn't worth how annoyed I feel now!

Goodbye 1 stone more like!!! Well done foofighter. I didn't have a problem when I did ss the first time round so don't panic, you might be ok too. But if not then you've done well to get to where you are. At least your shoes are on order!

Back