Carrot and Beetroot Juice

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Typa, 24 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Typa

Typa Member

:sad0071:Can anyone tell me how many points in a home made carrot and beetroot Juice please?

I hear all the different comments about it. At the same time that if you eat them raw they should be 0 points, from the moment you put them on the juicer they are not 0 points anymore.

Also once I make the juice, I collect all the pulp and then I cook it with a drizzle of olive oil and some garlic and it becomes a lovely side dish specially with com qorn fillets. The only problem is that I dont know how to point it?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    only thing you need to point is your olive oil which is 1pt per teaspoon x

4. Typa

Typa Member

Thanks Blackwidow.

But apparently someone told me that I would need to point the juice as well?!?
    I was told that if you eat the carrots and Beetroot on their own they are 0 points as you spend calories digesting them and the calories you spend digesting it cancels the calories they have and this is why they are 0 points.
    But once you make them as juice you have to point.. but no one is able to tell much how many points.... :-(

5. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    b*llocks to that i say :p if a beetroot is free, its free. Same with a carrot - as long as you're not drinking litres and litres of the stuff, i cant see an issue myself.. if you want to be safe then just count it as 0.5pt or something, but i would still count it as free - i make carrot and ginger soup and i blend that.. but i still count that as zero and its never made an ounce of difference :) x

6. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Typa, I think you might be getting confused with Slimming World. Their "free" food becomes "synned" if you blend or juice it. In WW that's not the case as far as I am aware so blackwidow is correct that you only need to point the olive oil.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.