Carrying over calories?

candyflee

I did WW once online (as it was a free 2 week trial lol!!) and I remember being able to carry over and save up points during the week for a big blow out every now and again without having to blow the diet, if that makes sense. I find the concept of CC quite similar and was wondering if this was the same-if you could 'save', say, 100 calories a day during the week, meaning on the last day you would have an additional 700 calories for a treat day. Is this do-able?

I tend to look at my weekly average in take so if I've over done it one night I'll cut back my calories for a day or two following it I don't save calories for a specific occasion though or I'll go totally over board!

Not if you are trying to lose weight!!!

LOL, this is what I assumed, was just a bit confused as when I did WW I saved up a load of points to go to TGI Fridays and I still lost 2lbs!

It's not something I've tried. I do try to stick within my calorie limits every day. BUT I think when I'm maintaining I'll take more of a long-term view of weight and balance it all out across a few days or across a week.

Some people do have higher cal intakes on one or two days of the week, then cut back for the others. It can work to some extent, but possibly not quite as well as not doing that. Who knows? I'm no expert :) Try it and see what happens?

hiys

i have heard itsa no no as well - having done WW oo i used to save points for my wine etc now i exercise for it :)

I wouldn't carry over calories regularly, as I read the body only "remembers" that you've had a defecit for 24 hours, but every now and again I go by my weekly average. It's better to just exercise a bit more on the day that you plan to indulge.

Back