Cathy's Bootcamp!

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
Day one for me too, starting weight 13st 8lb

B - 2 slices bacon
L - Chicken Breast, 100g lettuce, 100g cucumber
D - Lamb with a bit of curry paste (lowest I found is Kashmiri Masala 4c per 100g) and 150g mushrooms cooked in butter

Not got round to excercise yet but will do the drill, 20-30mins on cross trainer or stepper and 6min shake weight.

Water 3 litres so far but will be 5 before bed

Looking good cathy.

Good luck Cathy x

Done my excercises for today and I am cream crackered!!!! (low carb crackered of course lol!)

Way to go Cathy... you've nailed day 1 for sure! I think I'm eating too much compared to that? But - anyway... well done you!

I think its each to their own with the food intake,... I can't lose weight unless I watch the fat intake as well as the carbs as my metabolism is next to none existent. Must be working for you so far 12lb loss is amazing well done!

Been there done that! Must admit its great for shedding the pounds quickly but say goodbye to your social life! To be honest I think its not helped my metabolism very much as my body seemed quite happy to stay the same on the 450cals a day so now I can stick to atkins foods but stay the same or gain. Its not til I do anything strict and excercising every day that I lose anything if at all.

I think you're right Cathy - excercise helps a lot. I also have an underactive thyroid and type 2 diabetes (Thanks mum)! But it might be that I'm so big I'm insulin resistent... I love sport and used to be very competitive - still am really - but looking for something like tennis or badmington for me... Are you good with solo kind of exercising? You've had good run of losses - keep it going! :)

Join the club on the hypothyroid (same here thanks mum! lol) But to be honest I've never felt so good as I have while doing atkins, I've tons more energy and since taking the omega 3 I'm warm in the first time in ages! I've been doing quite a bit of research and atkins and low carb are best diets to go on with hypothyroid so will be sticking with this long term.

Cheers for that... Well - I'm off! Is it really only Tuesday tomorrow
:-(
I'll see how you guys all did tomorrow on the boot camp thingy! G'night...

Day 2 Bootcamp

Day two in the bootcamp and I feel crap! I really went for it on the cross trainer and the drill last night so I'm aching all over. That and I forgot to take my thyroxine/life pills until after dinnertime so feeling super crap now.

Anyhow today has looked like:

B - Cold chicken and mayo
L - 4 Bacon, 2 Eggs scrambled, 150g mushrooms and little bit of reduced sugar ketchup
D - Tuna Mayo with 100g lettuce, 100g cucumber, 30g grated cheddar.
S - Sugar free jelly with 3 tbsp double cream

E - Done the drill, 1hr walk and 6min shake weight workout
W - 5 litres plus

Hope everyones had a good day!

No sweeteners allowed, so sugar free jelly is a no no. 10 extra press ups for you tomorrow. Sorry.... :) Please don't hate me :(

Oops sorry didn't realise that or wouldn't have had it!:eek:

Whats the drill for tomorrow then? (with extra press ups lol)

I've posted it on the original bootcamp thread. It's a bit harder tomorrow than it's been the first two days.
The jelly has artifical sweeteners in it so thats why it's not allowed. I know the feeling wanting it. I was so tired all day and i was dying for some, anything with 'sugar' would have done me, but i went for a walk to clear my head even though it was the last thing i felt like doing, but felt better after it.

Wasn't even craving that in particular, just forgot about the sweeteners but *slaps wrist* I know now so will be good from now on lol x

Don't slap yourself too hard :D

Day 3 Bootcamp

Evening everyone. Only just got on here as been at band all evening. Todays gone well though I could really have done with a glass of vino or something as I've been waiting for an answer on my job application all day. My manager said I could be called to go for an interview that day as they were starting them so been on edge all day waiting for the email that never came! Ah well fingers crossed for tomorrow. So even though I wanted to have some vino I haven't and I've stuck to bootcamp so feeling good about that. Today has looked like:

B - 2 Eggs Scrambled
L - Cold Chicken, 100g lettuce, 100g cucumber and mayo
D - King Prawns, 50g lettuce, 100g cucumber and mayo

E - Done my drill for today (with extra press ups and lunges for yesterday) and went for a walk on my lunch as not had time to go on cross trainer tonight.
W - 5 litres

Hope everyone else has had a good day!

Hi All,

Finding these sites really useful, started Atkins on day 3 now, don't think eating enough as sticking to B: eggs n bacon or sausage, lunch cheese omelette and tea has been chicken, no veg or salad yet and I hope I am reading card info correct for my cream in coffee. Thanks for the info on sausages Cathy will check mine....(ooops).
I have read people are having egg n saus muffins..that wouldnt be a macdonalds one would it (mmmwould be nice) also mims (what are these) and cheeseburger pies....lol

I have a lot to learn and will be looking in my library for Atkins book today as dont want to get bored and start feasting.

Fattea - if you are on induction you should have between 12g and 1g of your daily 20g carbohydrate from green vegetables! Read the stickies at the top of the page for more info on what you can have.

Cathy - well done, love your commitment. When you were struggling a few weeks ago I was so impressed with how you knuckled down to find out the problem. It would have set me off binge eating I think :(

Back