Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Leaving_the_fat_suit!!, 7 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Leaving_the_fat_suit!!

Leaving_the_fat_suit!! Changing forever!

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    About to start cambridge hopefully!!
    A girl from my work made soup this morning.........as the title suggests it was Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup......would we be allowed a small bowl of this as a meal...this is how she made it........

bag of frozen cauliflower and a bag of frozen broccoli in a pan with a pint of water and some stock and she had an onion in hers but we could miss that out, she boiled it up then blitzed it..............& served

I know its not in the CD book but a small bowl as a meal surely wouldn't do any harm if i stuck to using the marigold bullion etc and didnt add the onion?? im just thinking of it as an idea.....what do you think?? :confused:

I Dont like the CD soups!! :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

if you mean for your add a meal, then fine as long as you keep in mind veg portions (you need more to make soup then you do to chew on a few bits of whole brocolli/cauli). If you mean in place of a soup/shake pack. Then no. you need the vitamins, nutrients, protein, etc. in the packs

4. Leaving_the_fat_suit!!

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    no, not meaning in replacement of shakes/soups etc.....was just thinking a bowl of the soup made the way mentioned above would not have as many calories as say doing the chicken and veg as you have for add a meal.

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

sounds a good idea - unless a CDC thinks there is a reason not too, I'll give it a try myself

6. Leaving_the_fat_suit!!

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    small portion obviously but its just something different!!

7. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hate to say it, but the last thing I want to eat as my meal is.........more (liquid) soup!!! lol

I really look forward to my meal and chewing food again!!

Sam
    xxx

8. Leaving_the_fat_suit!!

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Im just hunting for ideas for when and if i do get bored of chicken and fish......just trying to get a list together of what i can and cant have.

9. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

If you were doing this as part of 790 programme it would be the equivalent of 3 tablespoons of cauli and brocolli, however you would not be getting the protein.

If it were AAM you would only be able to have 2 tablespoons of this veg again you would not be getting the protein.

You would not be able to replace one of your shakes with this though.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.