CAUTION! Wide load.

TwiztedMuffin

(ex) Muffin Muncher
Day one in the big diet house :eek:

Weighed out my frosted wheats for a healthy extra B, wicked! Got to work... no milk. so... no breakfast. :sigh:
1 glass of no added sugar orange and mango squash - I was told this is free so am hoping it is I love the stuff!
Dinner - Jacket tata, no butter so (free) with a sprinkle of cheese (Healthy option A) and a slive of corned beef smushed in (1/2 syn)

As typing this, I was offered a mini roll, and without hesitation unwrapped and took a bite (damn you sneaky chocolate monster :cry:) so thats 6 syns

The other half is off out tonight so the temptation to order in will be hard, but I'm quite looking forward to some pasta.

Next week will be better, I only joined SW Last Night so wasn't organised enough (at all) for the office munchies, or milk stealers.

No more excuses. I'm 24. 23st 12lbs. Im almost as heavy as I am old, DISGUSTING!

Wedding in 1 year 7 months. Any encouragement/advice/motivation gratefully recieved. I do not want to be a whale bride looking out for harpoons whilst on honeymoon!!

Hi and welcome to SW and this forum. You have made the best step to the new you by joining both! I attend SW class but wouldn't get through any of it without this website, it is brilliant. Everyone on here is so lovely and helpful and will offer you as much help and advice as you need and want.

If you are looking for some motivation/inspriation check out the diary of Ellebear on the diary thread. She is brilliant and done so well and will offer any help you ask for.

Don't think of the journey ahead as in I've got so many stones to lose. Take it half a stone at a time and you'll get there I promise. Make yourself little goals on your signature, such as half stone off, 1 stone off, into the next stone etc. Making smaller goals rather than I need to lose so many pounds makes it more achievable, it works for me anyway.

Good luck on your journey and remember, you're not alone, everyone on here will help you along the way.

Lots of love and good luck this week.

xxxxx :D

Thank you, I think the use of a forum (especially this one) will help oodles. Its nice to know there are others feeling the same way I do, and the mini goal is a good idea thank you xx

Good luck muffin!!!! I agree with saddle bags - smaller goals will make it far more achievable in the short term, and will keep you sane!! Just take it a day at a time!!

HUGE congrats on your wedding plans!!! You'll be a slim, beautiful blushing bride before you know!!!

Look forward to talking to you soon!!!
Good luck!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you, I think the use of a forum (especially this one) will help oodles. Its nice to know there are others feeling the same way I do, and the mini goal is a good idea thank you xx

Your welcome!

Remember: Don't put yourself under pressure. Slow and steady wins the race!

xxxx

I have terrible news :(
I cant believe on my first day i couldnt ignore temptation. So as mentioned the fella was out last night - which for me would usually mean pizza (drool) 'cus I was in the "no point in cooking for 1" mind frame. I overcame that! I had pasta yum ! Though as mentioned Ive not been shopping so the only thing in my fridge was a extra light philidelphia mini tub so I mixed this in hoping for the best, it tasted lovely! Though the phili is another 2 syns so my syn count at this point for yesterday was 8.5 syns and I really didnt want to go any higher. But then I finished my pasta, and I dont know whether I was still hungry (surely not it was a bowlful) but... I had a slice of peanut butter on toast.. infact... I had 2. And i dont know how many syns that is because I havent looked I'm so ashamed!
I dont usually have bread in the house - because of situations like this. It just so happens I was looking after my 10 month old nephew whos favourite thing is toast so had to get some in! Ive thrown it out now so no more bread misshaps can occur. Perhaps I should throw the peanut butter out too hmm. Also no excercise yesterday at all. I got home cooked my pasta caught up on cougar town (amazing) then lil sis rang telling me she was outside and we were going to see my mom (who had just got out of hospital) we were there annoying her until 10:30, then i got in and went straight to bed :( Up at 3 to go pick other half up then sleeping til 7 when its time to get back up for work

Today has started much better though, HEX A skimmed milk and HEXB Frosted Wheats! thats right milk stealers I bought a new stash ;)

oh and my beloved no added sugar mango and orange squash.

I hate saturdays this was always our naughty day :(

Hi Muffin

Why not include some fruit with your breakfast? It would pad out your cereal, keep you feeling fuller for longer and give you something to fall back on if the milk stealers strike again.

Draw a line under yesterday and have a great day today! :)

Hi Sausage, have taken the fruit advice.

I think this week will be alot better - we do our shopping on a sunday, so when I joined SW last thursday the cupboards were almost bare (we had just been on holiday too) So Sunday me and Mr me did the usual shop, well I say the usual shop. It was in the same shop.. but we got no frozen food, no "sunday treats" - no crap basically. Not that we bought tat much anyway but we'd always sneak something in. This week our trolley was full of little red things, and green things and even purple things ;o. vegetables were never a problem for me, I love vegetables but I always thought fruit was too much effort (I know right!?) I even bought lettuce and cucumber!

So I shall continue Saturdays Meals .. unfortunatley like I say I hadnt been shopping so I had a pot noodle for my dinner (6 syns) and then when t'other half got in he decided he wanted chinese for tea, so I had chicken and mushroom (5.5 syns) and we shared a rice (4 syns) total syn count for Saturday was 15.5 syns :*( I know, I know, since starting this it doesnt look like ive had any good days, and i do blame the lack of shopping but thats done now! i also made sure when we picked up the chinese that we went to the shop next door and got some eggs and lean bacon for the next mornings breakfast.
So sunday, we usually have a full english on a sunday, I adapted this to the bean omellete in the starters book with 2 rashers extra lean trimmed bacon and a spoon full of mushrooms - just as filling as the usual breakfast but it was all free :)
We had a roast beef dinner with Potatoes, Sweet potatoes and butternut squash (in the actifry with a squirt of fry light) so im assuming these are still free? with cabbage, brocilli, carrots and Mash (with a splash of milk - counted as HEA) 2 yorkies at 3 syns each so 6 syns and 2 stuffing balls at 3 each - another 6 syns. We had reduced salt bisto gravy, 4 tblspoons - with a smidge of the naughty but tasty meat juices - 3 syns. We didnt have tea as we were full til bedtime so syn total for sunday was 15

This morning I got up an hour earlier, had my cereal at home (frosted wheats and skimmed milk (HEA and HEB) cooked the rest of the extra lean trimmed bacon for the other half, cooked some pasta for my dinner at work and prepared us both a fruit salad with melon, strawberrys, plum, red grapes and banana have also bought some muller light vanilla yoghurts so the menu today is set to be all free... before I shine my halo, I must admit, I have bought some milky ways as I am a chocolate fiend. They are 6 syns. It is in my lunchbox but if im full on other things I wont be eating it :) usually if i have something with me I dont crave it so thats that! oh I also have philidelphia extra light mini tub to mix into my pasta to give it some taste which will be 2 syns.

Im quite looking forward to today!

Had my spag bol - it was amazing :D and free...even better :D
but then..
ate almost a full bag of wine gums last night. I dont even particularly favour them, they were just there and i wasnt even hungry :| I do fully blame the other half, but obviously my lack of will power has let me down. its my first weigh in on thursday and I dont want to go now :(

Im trying to limit damage, Had my hea and hea of frosted wheats and milk with some melon (yum) have come preapred for work with 2 mullerlight free yogurts and a fruit salad. Still have that sneaky milkyway here for if times get bad lol. Tea tonight is lean prok chop with fat cut off roast dinner, I shall be resisting the yorkshire puddings though!

I can resist everything apart from temptation ;(

I spose I can take solice in the fact that now theres nothing naughty left in the house. Just seems that everyday I have to confess to something, and Ive not even had my first weigh in boo hoo.

Good news! nothing to confess today :)

I had a jacket tata with tuna mayo (5 syns) and salad

Last nights tea was the pork roast dinner with cabbage leeks mash (nothing added) sweet potato, baby corn, peas, butternut squash and carrots.gravy (1 syn) for a pudding we had strawberrys, melon, 2 scoops of light carte dor (5 syns) and a muller yoghurt on top.
yummy.
so Tuesdays syn total was 11 :flirt2:

Todays breakfast was HEA and HEB (the usual ;) )

snack - i had fruit salad at 11

Tucking into my lunch now, which is pasta with ham and philidelphia light mini tub (2 syns) will hae my mullerl light vanilla, later if needed (there is a LOT of pasta here)

Im doing EE - is it okay for me to have pasta for lunch? I know I should have 1/3 plate superfood but I havent today.. unless i can count the fruit i had before hand??

Tea tonight will be jacket tata with salad, i saved some of my hea milk, so may do a pasta n sauce with it.

good luck with your weight loss you seem quite determined.

Hello, just wanted to say good luck with your losses and don't be too hard on yourself! You haven't been THAT naughty and it is tough at the beginning to break all those bad habits. Whatever you're eating at the mo it's probably a lot better than when you weren't on the plan - it's all progress. Once you start seeing some decent losses you'll probably find it easier to stick to plan 100%. Lots of luck x

Thank you both – I am trying ! will power and motivation is something I’ve never had so all helpful words are greatly received
And Im please to announce that at my first weigh in, I have lost 6lbs J so the early morning starts are paying off, so I will stick with them.
At the moment I’m having lack of motivation with exercise, it never used to be a problem – I used to finish at 4pm so had a whole hour before the other half got in, to do wii fit /fitness dvd but now Im looking after my nephew on a Thursday ive changed all my hours to 8-5 and a Saturday morning to accomodate a day off.
Also I heard someone in group yesterday saying how she had pasta for luch at work almost everyday – which is something I do, thinking this was a good thing, but apparently “it will catch up on you” is this right? Cause Im a bit panicked now. Also any ideas what I can take to work for dinner now? We have a microwave and a fridge (preferably something thats quick to prepare) ?

Back to food, Wednesdays syn total was 2
We had jacket potato with salad and tuna for tea,
Thursday was free omellete and beans for breakfast, and a potnoodle (6 syns) I didn’t want to feel heavy for weigh in lol.
For tea we had free cottage pie with brocilli and sprouts (random) lol
So thursday total was 6 syns
Today...
Well today I have a confession Ive had a fried egg and mushroom sandwich, to be on the safe side ive said this is 15 syns. So no more syns today. (damn you work!)

Hello, just wanted to pop in and say good luck! you seem to be doing really well. I have never found it a problem (i did SW a few years back) and ate pasta for lunch almost every day. Although i was doing green days, but i can't see how it would make a difference on EE as long as you do the 1/3 superfree!

Good luck and keep up the good work! :)

Hi and Thanks :) Also, well done wth your tremendouse weight loss! I was gutted when I heard her say about not having pasta everyday, but have thought well this can open me up to new things. Im thinking beans on toast will be good one day, if I keep my heB for the ww bread, and they do that boiled rice inb a microwave bag - so if i get some chicken to put in with it that should also be tasty and free. I think Im going to invest in the SW food books, the ones that give you the syns for everything, the worst thing of working in an office is the snacking that seems to happen throught the day!if this lot carry on theyll be my size!! Im trying to encourage a healthy office, though they have no where near as much weight as I do. at one point I was 18 stone, well, 6 years ago started here and boom 23 st. :|

Right then yesterday I dont know what happened I not only got off the wagon I let its tyres down and ran (well, shuffled - i obviosly dont run) away from it!
It started bad with the fried egg and mushroom on toast which i allocated the 15 syns for. I had a mullerlight for dinner cause thats all I had that was syn free at work (i was very un organised yesterday) well because of that when I got home I was ravenous. i thought damage control ill have some melon til tea time ..other half had taken rest of melon. Okay so i had a milky way. 6 syns. Other half then phoned to say hes picking his dad up to come fix the shower... oh no an even later tea! I had another milkyway (i didnt even want this one) so another 6 syns. he drops his dad back txts me at &:30 to say hes on his was home so get tea on! at this point I wanted somehting quick easy and filling.... frozen pizza. 27 syns. Youre not reading that wrong thats 27 syns. so yesterday i had 54 syns. Im not proud. its something that I just felt i Needed :( Im not sure if its anything to do with it, but I also "came on" this morning (I have irregular periods due to the excessive weight so never know when theyre coming)

I am quite firmly back on track now. Ive had HEB 2 slices of wholemeal toast (no butter) with a poached egg - free for breakfast.

Dinner is to be pasta.

Tea, Ive arranged to go to my sisters for a curry. Though she is on SW too, so Ill be having omellete and boiled rice which will be free.

Also before dinner today I will be on the wii fit follwed by some xbox dance central. Also will walk to sisters so that I can burn some of yesterdays badness off. I really dont know what came over me. Shopping on sunday I shall make sure I double up on fruit.

Quite a good weekend :)
Yesterday I had bean omellete trimmed bacon 2 wholemeal nimble toast (HEB) mushrooms and more beans.

Had a chicken dinner all free apart from the yorkshire puddings.

This morning Ive had trimmed bacon, "fried" egg, WW sausage (1/2 syn) and 2 wholemeal nimble toast (heb)

Dinner is to be ... pasta ;D and dairylea triangles melted in (HEA) followed by strawberries and melon. yummy.

Just wanted to say - well done for staying on track this weekend! Weekends are where i need the most willpower, so well done for staying on track! :)

Thanks Kim, it is hard for me too, i always seem to forget that I don't stop being fat on a weekend. But I really feel in the zone at the moment. Theres lots for me to have to lose this weight for
(though you'd think I'd have never let it get this far out of control) I'm getting married - hopefully Nov 2012, also I'd cut my right arm, left arm, leg and scoop out my eyes for a baby (though not sure what use I'd be as a blind armless legless mother.. )
So I keep thinking to myself Biscuits or baby? lol! Yesterday was a hard day, not because of myself. The other half was in a naughty mood. So after I'd cooked him totally syn free spaghetti bolognese, (a huge mound full I'd like to add) about an hour after he said oooh shall we have some fish and chips?
I said are you serious!! no way!! if youre hungry we can have some melon and light ice cream (cart d'or light is super low in syns) he ummed and arrred for about an hour and before i knew it he was walking up to the chip shop!!! he came back with fish with no batter, chips and mushy peas. he kept offering it to me I kept refusing. He said the fish was free cause theres no batter on it (he looks in my book)
I refused - i knew that if i tasted the vinegary goodness Id give in and have a chip - even though I was stuffed. So i've got to say that was my biggest temptation so far and I overcame it :) so if I can do that anyone can!!
So yesterdays food - I had my pasta at work with light dairylea triangle mixed in and a slice of ham. Melon/strawberries and grapes to follow (0 syns)
Mid afternoon I was craving some chocolate (damn you TOTM) So had a mini kinder bad (these are only 3.5 syns) So that was yummerific.
Spaghetti bolognese (0 syns) followed by melon and ice cream (5 syns)
Mondays Syn total 9 syns.
Have had HEA Milk and HEB frosted wheats this morning. So will be having my fruit a little earlier.
Todays dinner is pasta bows with some of last nights spag bol
Tea was going to be fish and veg but not sure if he'll want that now after him having fish yesterday! the naughty sausage! I was so angry with him he's been so supportive throughout but yesterday really was hard!

Well done for not caving to the fish and chips - i know that must have been difficult, the smell of salt and vinegar fish shop chips is just sooo good!

Sounds like you have plenty of reasons to keep you motivated with the losing weight.....it's alwasy good to have a goal, and i hope you manage to have your dream wedding and a little bundle of joy too :)

Thanks alot, the words of encouragement really do mean alot to me!

I was syn free yesterday up until the fella got back - but all is not bad news. He didnt want fish (I wonder why!) he wanted chinese. I thought I fancied something too, (TOTM I just want naughty things :( ) But had the best of the bad lot. Chicken and Mushrooms 5.5 syns and 1/2 fried rice 2 syns.
So even with a little indulgence still well within my sysn allowance for the day - just hoping it wont affect weigh in tomorrow I dont usually like treat food so early in the week
Yesterdays syn total was 7.5

This mornings breakfast was HEB 2 slices nimble wholemeal toast, with HEA a dairylea triangle, with beans on top.. really filling! Which is good really as Im a little unprepared for work. I didnt fancy pasta for lunch today Ive got an emergency tin of soup in my draw i may have that or jst get a salad. I bought extra mullerlight yogs with me just incase :)

Back