caws diary

It's SO tough doing uni with a teenage family - I know, I did it but not such an exacting course as yours. I admire what you are doing - fantastic x

Oops, how very naughty of me not to report my 1lb gain (and that I still had a fish and chip supper last night :eek:)

I'll get onwards and downwards at some point, I'm sure !!

Oh dear! Well I hope you enjoyed it lots - sometimes its exactly what we need x

Cheers my dear :)

Didn't weigh last week (wasn't actually deliberate). I've worked two early so far, a long day today (8am - 9pm) and am doing another early tomorrow (8am - 4pm) so am abit knackered but at least I'll have Friday off (to get some essay done :rolleyes:) All this leaving for work at 7.15am isn't doing me any good, lol

Food wise being good and bad, as usual.

Have been invited to a wedding in December (school friends that have been together since then !!) so have 6 months to become svelte ;)

Hi Caws,
Dont you mean 9 months???? I havent weighed in a few days either. Dont know whether thats a good thing or what. I think its avoidance, but hoping its doing me good too!!!
Have a good rest of week. YOu sound mega busy girl.
xx

I'm too chicken to weigh myself. At this point, and all, you know, not forever. (Yes, I have heard of denial actually!)
You sound so busy, Caws!

Cheers my dears :)

3 days off now it's all good. Clarri I was thinking of 6 months, with a couple of months leeway ;)

I could only dream of a STS this week, (not good), but am still too chicken, so who knows?
Three days is great, you will start feeling human again, enjoy!

Had a good weekend and actually got started on one of my assignments - I seem to be doing it backwards though but at least there's some words on papers. Still got shedloads to get done over the next 6/7 weeks but at least I'm not exhausted on this placement, like I have been on some of the others !!

There's alot of politics going on at the moment both at the hospital (2 wards being closed in the summer, 56 beds going although we need more not less and the staff having to find new posts !!) and in the community (new Chief Executive, who is not liked due to previous cost cutting exercises she has overseen) so quite what the job situation is ging to be like in the summer I hate to think !! Still can't be worrying about that yet.

Went out on Friday night to a friend's house for her birthday and came home at 2am ! I had no idea it was that late, and thought it was around midnight. Fortunately the girls were at their dad's so I had a nice lie in :)

Thanks for the reps that I've been given in various threads :)

Our local hospital is currently building huge extensions- well, word is that they have run out of money, and so they are continuing to finish the shell of the building, which is meant to look better than a half a building. Inside, there won't be rooms, beds, lights, etc. No cash for wages either- if I ran my business like that, well, you know..

Politics can be deadly at work, can't they?

Hope you have a good weekend!

Woohoo it's the weekend :)

1lb down this morning, same damn lb and been coming and going for weeks now ! I was off today and have another 3 days off so must do some of my essay or dissertation, time is ticking by rather fast !

It's Hollie's birthday on Sunday and she's got 2 friends sleeping over tonight (there was supposed to be another one aswell but she dropped out at the last minute), her sister decided that she'd go and sleep over at her friend's as they were going to the ice skating disco and they haven't been too bad so far. Chinese, Comic Relief and now gone to watch School of Rock, and I'm hoping they don't make too much noise or stay up all night !!

Have a lovely weekend y'all

Some squatters just don't get the message do they - NO SQUATTERS WELCOME HERE x

I'm so bad at doing an update, it's all I can do to visit diaries to see what's happening to other people !

I lost 0.5lb last week and had a sts this week, although I've been out for a meal yesterday and today.

Weight and food wise still not doing enough although I'm making small inroads into my uni work. Everything has been started now so I need to keep going, I'm starting to panic because I've only got 4 weeks left before the last one has to be in (it'll be a relief though !!)

Placement is going well, although I'm going onto a rehab ward tomorrow (where I've never been before) to do some medications rounds - I'm abit anxious about it but I think I might pretend to be an agency nurse who has never worked on that ward before because that must be what it's like. There are also job vacancies advertised and more coming out that we newly qualified can apply for. Very scary stuff now :eek:

Back