caws diary

Hmmm, 2lb on this morning, hey ho.

Went out with the dietitian today and felt a touch uncomfortable talking to a person about healthy eathing !!

When I go to see my practice nurse we have a little chuckle, as she's about 18 stone and runs the weight loss programme at the doctors surgery - she said she feels like people are looking at her thinking "You need to take your own bloody advice", and that's exactly how I felt today - it's alright having the knowledge of what it do, it's the doing it !!

Last edited:
Good attitude there Caws, as usual. Have a great weekend. Are you all done yet???
xx

Got running around to do this weekend, nothing stressful though.

Have finished uni now, apart from seeing our tutor about paperwork and getting stuff signed off, still have that infection control 'project' to sort out so now it's just full time work for placement hours - I've got 2 weeks off in June and then 4 weeks at a minor injuries unit which finishes at the end of July and that's it !!

Oh, and the on-line drugs calculation retest, which I'll triple check before submitting !!

All sounding positive. I know exactly what you mean - I know the kids are looking at me when I talk to them about healthy eating. They look at what I eat for lunch and then look at me - and it doesn't compute!!

Just wanted to let you know that I got offered the job on the stroke ward today, not sure if I want to work at the hospital and I'm still going for the other interview next week and then I'll make a decision, if I get offered that.

Need to get all my paperwork sorted out and signed off and finish this infection control project.

Food still going badly, think I'll have to do a Clarri and completely stop chocolate, once I start I can't stop !!

Congratulations on being offered the job Caws. Even if you dont really fancy it, its great to have been offered.
Yay, join me on an anti choc drive. Perhaps even do it for a week, and just see if it is affecting you. I can eat any other sugar items, (refreshers!!!) and they dont send me on a crave session. But I know now when I have choc, it does. Im almost afraid to eat any choc now as I dont want to start the whole cycle off again, so wont be.

Anyway, Im so excited for you. You must be thrilled.

xx

If I work in the hospital then that's the ward I want, they interviewed about 15 people (qualified and nearly qualified) so I'm pleased to be offered it ! As there's very few jobs going there (already closed 2 wards) it's nice to know I've got something and the way I look at it my first job is about gaining experience and clinical skills, a stepping stone really !

I may have made a decision not to go for the other interview and to take the job in the hospital. I've been thinking about it for a few days and I'm going to see the Ward Manager and see if I can do maybe 30 - 32 hours, so not quite full time, and do mainly shifts instead of long days.

I made a pro's and con's list for each job (not that I've been offered the other one but I like to be prepared !!) and there was only 3 things on the pro list for the other job and 11 for the hospital one and on the con's list the hospital list had 5 things on (mainly related to my mum having the girls at various times, which she said wasn't a problem) and the other job had 14 things on it !! Until I did that I hadn't realised how I felt about them both.

Now to get some of this weight shifted !!!!!

It's always a good exercise to do the pros and cons list - gets you focused on what really matters x

Good morning Caws - hope all is going well for you x

Woohoo, got 2 assignment marks today - 64% for both. Got another mark which we've been told will be out tomorrow and then it's just my dissertation, whcih won't be until the 6th June.

Can't believe how quickly it all going.

Went to a funeral today, my friend's husband died sudden, we're all in shock about it really as he was only poorly for 7 days and 'not quite right' for the 2 days before that.

Got some ebay parcels to send off, all of them are up north, Blackpool and Yorkshire strangely enough.

Must remember to weigh tomorrow, have been quite good this week (apart from the aerp bubbles I've just eaten !!)

It's awful when things like that happen.

Good that the results are rolling in - no stopping you now x

1.5lb off and a 58% for my assignment, only one more mark left to go and that bleddy on-line drugs calculation - remember the one where I got 149/150 !!

Well done on the job - wooo hooo! Sorry to hear about your friend's hubby - so sudden too. Hugs xx

I know some of you will have seen it on Facebook but I just need to boast for a little longer !! I got the result for my dissertation yesterday - 75% !!!! So I now have my degree BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing. If I've worked it out right I've got a 2:1, so I'm really, really, really pleased.

Have a few loose ends to tie up and nearly 3 weeks off before last 4 weeks at the Minor Injuries unit. Can't quite believe it's all coming to an end, slept really badly last night, lots of changes coming up !!

Back