caws diary

Well I'm on Day 1. I've got a headache now although I was expecting it.

I've been drinking water and weeing for England. The packs I've had so far - porridge (was ok but didn't really like the smell), banana shake (lovely), spicy curry soup (was like a curry pot noodle without the noodles !!). I'm just going to try a shepherds pie now, but do feel slightly nauseous.

The girls have gone to their dad's so I've got the weekend to feel crap and hopefully I'll be ok after that.

The Forest is beautiful - my dad comes from there x

The Forest is beautiful - my dad comes from there x

My friend that lives there has 2 year old twins (she's 47/48ish now). We saw them 2 years ago when they were a couple of months old but haven't seen them since, It's probably one of the most beautiful parts of the country.

I'm on Day 4 now and feel fine. It's been very straight forward and I haven't been particularly hungry, it's more the bad habits that I got into of popping into the kitchen to see what's there that are harder to break !!

I'm still getting a little headachy in the evening but that could be the weather aswell.

I love the Forest, especially in bluebell time - they were beautiful this year x

So, first week over and done with and 9lb lost :D

Hasn't been too difficult and I haven't been hungry but I feel a little deprived mentally, by not having something nice to eat when other people are !!

Went to Take That last night at Wembley, which has fabulous, although we ended up not getting home until 2.40am (went up the M1 and found that the M25 junction was closed so went back down again to where we started from and went through London)

Hi Cathy

I never knew you had a diary because I dont tend to go on anything but my subscriptions. So sorry for not posting before.

Well done on the 9lb off and pleased you did not feel too bad. Will be interesting to hear what the cottage pie tastes like. The weight will be dropping off you.

Good luck with week 2.

Pam xxx

Hi Cathy

I never knew you had a diary because I dont tend to go on anything but my subscriptions. So sorry for not posting before.

Well done on the 9lb off and pleased you did not feel too bad. Will be interesting to hear what the cottage pie tastes like. The weight will be dropping off you.

Good luck with week 2.

Pam xxx

Pam, I believe my diary started at a similar time to Clarri's and so far has the grand total of about 40 pages, so that shows how often I post in it. I mainly comment on other people's. I had planned to make an effort and post in it every day while at LL but haven't even managed a week yet :eek:

I tried the shepherd's pie on the first day, which was probably a mistake (because I felt abit rough), it has got a nice taste but it made me vomit because of the texture in my mouth and I'd drunk alot of water and it sloshed around in my tummy and came back up. I also tried the porridge, which tasted ok but the smell and the texture put me off so I'm sticking to the shakes, a couple of soups and I'm trying the bars this week, which are great.

So, first week over and done with and 9lb lost :D

Hasn't been too difficult and I haven't been hungry but I feel a little deprived mentally, by not having something nice to eat when other people are !!

Went to Take That last night at Wembley, which has fabulous, although we ended up not getting home until 2.40am (went up the M1 and found that the M25 junction was closed so went back down again to where we started from and went through London)
WOW - amazing loss! Well done! I'm so jealous you saw Take That - lucky lady. xx

Worked a late shift today and the girls went to my sister's for dinner.

I've been doing really well with the shakes until tonight when I just needed some food and had some chicken. I was thinking just have some protein and hopefully it won't disturb my body too much. Unfortunately I then went on to have a bag of hoola hoops, not a catastrophe as such, but it wasn't the thing to do really.

I have to say how surprised I am, at LL and at myself. I really didn't know if I could do it and I can't believe how simple it's been and that I really haven't felt hungry.

It's definitely the head stuff that needs sorting, which really was the reason I chose LL, with the group work instead of trying to do it on my own, having never done it before.

Tomorrow is a new day and my journey continues.

'Only' lost another 2lb this week which combined with last weeks is good. I ate another couple of times - nothing big or serious but the habit of not eating conventional food is still a struggle !! I'm definitely not hungry, it's just mindless eating for something to do, or the sake of it really. I always knew my nibbling at night was a problem but it's like trying to not smoke or something like that !! I've had some cherries, some ham and a piece of cheese and the calories are almost insignificant considering the reduced calories I'm having.

Someone yesterday asked if I'd lost weight as my face looked slimmer, so that was nice (I tend to get what I call a hamster face as my cheeks really seem to puff out but it's gone down now)

I'm going to really try this week to be 100% because if I can lose 3lb that'll be a stone gone !!!

Well done on the 2lb loss - you're doing great. xx (LOL at hamster cheeks)

Well done on the 2lbs loss, Caws.

It is not the calories you need to worry about as what you are eating. Cherries are full of carbs (sugar), Ham has sugar and salt and cheese is just too much fat for LL. If you need to have something in stock to nibble (slippery slope) stick to hardboiled eggs, chicken or prawns. Anything else other than green and white vegetables will stop you losing weight. Hula Hoops are a definite no no. lol

Have a lovely weekend and heres to a great loss again next week.

Pam xxx

Lol, no hula hoops in sight Pam :D

Ideally I don't want to have anything - I'm not hungry, it's boredom/emotional/comfort/habitual eating. I've stayed in ketosis fortunately, I'm fine in the day it's just the evenings - which have been one of the biggest problems all along, so I haven't quite addressed it yet but am working on it.

I'm so glad you are doing well - sorry I've been AWOL for a while x

I'm so glad you are doing well - sorry I've been AWOL for a while x

Hey no worries Gem, you haven't missed much ;) and your diary is one of the ones I try to keep up with.

Child free afternoon today so going out for a walk with my mum and my sister's dog and hopefully will avoid too much rain.

Watching F1 waiting for her to come round.

I avoid things like F1. My OH is car mad - not particularly F1 but I get an overdose of cars in general x

Having a fairly good week. Had weigh-in tonight at class but will carry on with my own Friday morning weigh-in for my ticker.

Feeling really well, in fact I'm really surprised at how well I am feeling. I get a little rumbly tummy at times but no real hunger pangs. I miss sitting down with the girls, having dinner but that's the social side of eating I suppose. I still sit and talk to them when they're eating but it's not the same !!

I have to say it's nice not having to sort out breakfast, lunch and dinners every day but I have narrowed my selection of packs quite alot. I might have to try one or two different ones next week, as I've stayed pretty safe since the first day. I really like the bars that they do though and usually have one every day.

Back