caws diary

Not nervous yet MF, first week will be boring training courses, probably won't be on the ward at all. It's the second week and onwards that'll be scary !!

I'm having abit of a funny/odd week really. Given in to the chocolate addiction, had 3 coconut macaroons and felt sick and generally feeling out of sorts. Not sleeping very well either - I think it's the internal stress of starting next week. I actually got some paperwork through and am going to get my uniform tomorrow, if they have my size in stock and I'm going in to see my ward manager to get my shifts for the rest of the month !! Can't believe it's finally arriving.

My mum went to Canada today for 3 weeks so I'm really jealous, it's a 'holiday of a lifetime' because she was 65 this year. I think that's part of my 'out of sorts' aswell.

Not expecting to lose weight this week, went to a friend's for a bbq this afternoon and had creme fraishe for the first time (she whipped it up with a little sugar and it was delicious) with some blackberries from her garden.

Need to sort myself out, get back on the shakes and lose the next stone (and a half). I'm 12lb off my lowest weight in 16 years so am going to try and lose at least 1/2 stone whole mum is away, see if she notices any difference when she gets back.

I hope you lose your blues soon Caws x

Hi, Cathy.

I am sure you will get back into the diet when you start work and are in a routine.

Lucky Mum going to Canada for 3 weeks. I want to do the trans Canada train journey in the fall but it will have to wait for the moment.

Pam xxx

Well 1lb down, so that's ok and feeling much better now, not such a mizog.

Am out tonight with uni friends, so it's the end of that era - a new one starts on Monday and you're right Pam, once I'm in a proper routine and back working it'll be much easier (well as easy as losing weight ever is !!). I've got my shifts, sorted out my uniform (they alter it for you and put your name in it) and filled in the payroll bumf so I'm abit excited now !!

Mum is going on the Rocky Mountaineer train, but only for 2 days, she is going to Vancouver, Calgary, Banff and on a grizzly bear expedition before gong to Ottawa where she has a cousin. They are then going to Niagra and Toronto, so it really is a gad about holiday - I'm sure she'll come back exhausted !!

Well done on the lb off, Cathy. It is amazing how a lb off makes you feel so much brighter and determined.

Lucky Mum, the holiday sounds wonderful and it is the perfect time of year to go.

Do you know I have not heard anyone use the word "bumf" for years. ;) It used to be used all the time.

Good luck at the new job on Monday.

Pam xxx

I'm really having alot of trouble with this site at the moment. Don't know what it is but it either takes ages to load and change pages or doesn't load at all so I'm not ignoring everyone's diaries, I just can't keep up because of 'technical issues' !!

Been on training yesterday, today and tomorrow - induction, infection control, health and safety, manual handling and that sort of thing. First shift on the ward on Thursday and I'm supernumerary all month, which I'm really pleased with. should get paid this month too so I'm even more excited !!

Diet wise I've been good and not so good, not quite sure which way the scales will tip this week but definitely got to get back on it (maybe after I've eaten this cake ;))

Anyway I'm good, hope you're all good as I can't get to anyone's diary to catch up x

I had problems yesterday too Caws - I thought it was my computer but others have had probs too. Hope your day went well yesterday and today is a good one x

Hi Cathy.

I think the problems with getting on Minis was pretty general yesterday. I gace up in the end.

Lovely that you are enjoying your new job and even better if you are getting paid this month and dont have to wait until next month.

Lol at the cake. ;)

Pam xxx

0.5lb down for this week, was going to record it as a sts but decided not to ! Half a pound is half a pound ;)

Going to visit my nan today, when Pam talks about her mum it makes me think of her, she's 95 as "has had enough of being here", bless her x

You are right Caws, half is half, so well done you!!
Wow @ your Nan. Thats an amazing age. But isnt it sad that so many of these older people dont want to be at that age as all their peers and friends are gone.
Anyway, hugs. xx

It would be so easy to feel you had outlived your days I reckon, especially as you get older and frailer and less "useful" to society. These days the message comes across loud and clear that the older you get the more nuisance you are to society. I am often sad to see the negative view of elderly people x

Down another pound this week so knocking on the door of the 13's :D

Would have had more of a loss if I hadn't gone out twice (and had chips and pudding both times !!) and am going out tomorrow night for an indian, but will stop when I'm full.

I'm on a late shift today so am not really sure how I'll do food wise. I'll take a couple of shakes in but might have to go to the restaurant for some 'proper' food. I definitely can't keep up the water intake in work - I take in a litre bottle but can't keep it with me and can't keep nipping off to have a glug, so will have to see what I can work out to do. Work is going well, still quite intimidating as it's always so busy and there's always so much to do !!

I got my letter from the NMC today, phoned up to pay my fee (after being 29th in the queue !!) and maybe next week I'll actually be registered and get my PIN !!

Go you on the pound, good work! How much was the fee? (Such a sticky beak, I know) Are you learning heaps at work? Are the people you work with supportive?

Well done on another 1lb off, Cathy.

Great that you got the letter from the NMC so all qualified.

I am sure it must have been a bit daunting for the first week. It is awful feeling like the new girl in any job. But nursing is always so busy.

Have a lovely weekend. Will you have to do weekend shifts?

Pam xxx

Back