caws diary

Ok, so the exante total isn't going to start today - got made a sausage sandwich for brekkie which I couldn't refuse.

Got a rude awakening this mornig from the man downstairs - he had water coming through hisceiling from my bathroom (so wasn't very happy !!). I also had a blocked toilet - not sure if they're related though. The plumber who came said I had a pipe which has been dripping for a long time (was put in 2 years ago so may have been from installation) and he reckons that was causing the problem, Has done an emergency repair and someone will come out in the week.

He also said the blocked loo wasn't an emergency but he could get the drain people out but if I flush it throughout the day it will probably resolve itself. Not sure whether to go out to the DIY shop and look for something that helps (I'm sure it's just too much loo roll, which should disintegrate eventually).

All good fun anyways.

ahhhh no, well i hope it resolves itself.. dont want to have to put your hand down there do ya haha :D

i had to do that once.. its not pleasant even in gloves.. :(

Just stuck some bicarbonate of soda down the loo and then some vinegar. Looks disgusting so will leave it for the rest of the day :eek:

Have been shopping and have a leek and potato soup bubbling away, the girls fancy shepherd's pie for dinner tonight so might make that aswell.

Hope the blockage clears itself !!

Shepherds pie sounds yummy

Good old fashioned plunger is the best way to clear a blocked toilet (shower, bath or sink for that matter). Very cheap and handy to have. So get one if it doesn't clear by the morning. Much cheaper than calling out the drain people.;)

Sausage sandwich sounds great as does the shepgerds pie. Yummy! Must get back on track myself.

Have a good week.

Pam xxx

has the blockage cleared then?

shepherds pie sounds lovely.. havent had a proper meat one for awhile! :D

Blockage cleared thanks - bicarb of sada and vinegar overnight although I did stop at B&Q and get a plunger although it wasn't needed this time. As you say Pam they're always handy to have.

The shepherd's pie was scrummy and there's enough for the girls to have tonight.

I've had a shake and a piece of cheese so far today, really want to stuff my face though so need to get focused on weight loss - I don't think I can do the total exante, I'm not determined enough so maybe when i'm settled in my job I can go back to lighterlife, which I enjoyed. I think I'll still use the shakes but it'll be the slow route for now.

Just had 3 days off but am so tired still :(

Food hasn't been too bad, although I did have 2 drumstick lollies yesterday and tea tonight was pizza (shared though)

Hiya - glad you cleared the blockage and all is well x

Hope you enjoyed your time off even though you're feeling tired.

Enjoy the rest of your day. x :)

You too Gem :)

I've been abit slack in posting but since the Birmingham meet have lost 3lb :)

Been busy at work, while it's nice having a few days off in a row I'm now working 8 out of 9 days straight with only today off, which will be taken up by doing housework, washing and football.

The fireworks display we were going to go to has been cancelled and although there's another on that's not too far away it's usually very packed and busy and there ends up being some sort of troube there so we're giving the fireworks a miss this year although we'll watch from the comfort of home !

I'm good thanks Gem, although tired. Was asked if I wanted tomorrow off and could do an early on Friday instead which I jumped at.

Had a good weekend - went to football Saturday (won 4-3) but didn't go to fireworks in the evening as it had been cancelled when rain was forecast for 3 days. Had a nice shift yesterday and persuaded my mum to do a roast dinner, to be ready for when I finished :D

persuaded my mum to do a roast dinner, to be ready for when I finished :D

Always the best roast dinners to have aren't they?!

Hope you're having a good week. :) x

Back