caws diary

You're gradually getting more and more competent x

Had Christmas Day off, which wa snice and just spent it with the girls. Worked Boxing Day but went to my mum's after work and my broterh and sister came round so there was a houseful, with all the kids - was a bit different when they were 3 and 4 but most of them are teenagers now !!

I'm not really a NYE person, when I was younger I just used to get drunk, be morose and be ill so now I just stay in, have a drink if I fancy it, usually stay up till midnight and then go to bed ! I've just been so very tired these last few weeks I'm quite looking forward to it all calming down abit.

Got a dentist appt next Thursday to see what to do with my broken tooth - it's the one at the very back - it's not been too painful but I've been careful Not to have things too hot or too cold, can't see that it can be repaired though so will probably have to come out.

Hope everyone enjoys whatever they are doing tonight and all the best for 2012 x

So, I'm still rubbish at doing my diary, New Year and not a new me !!

Still so very, very tired - physically and mentally :(

I'm actually off sick today as I went to the dentist yesterday about my broken tooth and all his poking and prodding has made it more painful. He put a temporary filling/crown on and I've got to go back next week - I reckon the extra day off will help me rest and maybe the tooth business is the reason I've felt off colour for the last month or so, so when it gets sorted out I'll be firing on all cylinders.

No diet news really - put on 3lb over the last month so not worried about that. I'm interested on the slimpod stuff though as in the past I've been interested in being hypnotised and any extra help for the old brain would be welcome !!

Bloody dentists!

What is work like overall? Are you still on such a steep learning curve? Are you making friends? Is it what you expected?

I don't like going to the dentist either x

Bloody dentists!

What is work like overall? Are you still on such a steep learning curve? Are you making friends? Is it what you expected?

Lol, it's a new dentist actually and he seemed quite nice - apparently my old one retired a couple of months ago and has moved to Australia - I'm sure he must only be in his early 50's !!

Work veers from very stressful to everythings fine quite often - I tend to have little panics (inside) because I've got so much to do but when I take a minute out to take stock it's actually all under control ! I'm happy with the routine and what I have to do and get on with nearly everyone from the ward - there's only 1 person I dont' particularly like but there's a number of other people that find her difficult too - so it's obviously her and not me ;)

It doesn't help when it feels like Mr Cameron, the PM, is slating nurses, saying we need to talk to patients etc - maybe he should come and spend a day on a ward instead of being feted around lovely places and it's always bad things that get in the press, never the good !! Some patients and relatives are very, very difficult to deal with - I completely understand how stressful it is to have someone in hospital and you want the best care for them but when there are 25 patients they all have to be looked after and can't have 1-1 care, which is what some people expect. Anyway, rant over !!!

Hope your feeling better, i dread going to the dentist as always bad news.
Get well soon xxx

It's actually much better now so I'm thinking I won't need root canal or extraction - yay

I don't like going to the dentist either x

I go once a year for a check up, anything else I don't like !!

It's not always the nurses that are at fault. Maybe he should look at the systems a bit closer. All the new boxes can no doubt be ticked without anything extra being done - just like in education. The good nurses will still be as good as the system allows them to be and the bad nurses will still get away with the minimum - again just like education - and all this time the boxes are being ticked and the mountain of paperwork growing - pie charts being created from expensive programs which have no other purpose but justification. Now - that's my hobby horse ridden! x

Hey I'm good Clarri - I've been trying to post in other people's diaries occasionally but not really coming to mine.

I don't really have much to say, work's settled down after the Christmas/New Year madness although I'm on my third set of nights in five weeks, had graduation and got 10 days off soon, going down to the New Forest with the girls, mum, sister and her kids.

Weight has stayed the same really (about 14st 10lb) but I haven't really paid any attention to it, hardly weighing myself and eating mainly what I want. Whilst I do want to lose at least 2st, and maybe more, it's not the be all and end all at the moment, I'm just getting on with every day life really !

Hi Caws - glad to hear all is going well x

Hehe, found it !!

So in the last 6 weeks I've been working - going really well, being complimented by other staff, sisters and ward manager on how nice it is to work with me, less chaotic, nice shift, handled relatives and situations well etc - which is really pleasing. That's not to say it all been good - haven't been getting away on time very often and cried the other week but I felt much better for it !!

It was Abbie's birthday a few weeks ago and Hollie's is on Tuesday - she'll be 16 so thinks she's grown up (shame she's not very good at doing the washing and cooking eh ?).

Went out for an indian today for Mothers Day with girls, sis, her kids, mum and her partner so didn't have any dinner this evening as wasn't hungry. Unfortunately I bought some Ben and Jerry's in the week, a new flavour called Teh Vermonster or something like that and it's delicious, their best flavour I reckon so had nearly half a tub before realising I was eating it mindlessly !!

Diet wise not alot has changed, I'm trying to change my ticker if I weigh myself and I've lost weight - I'd really like to get into exante and still have some packs but I just can't find the motivation to do those first few days !!

There's a few diaries I try and keep up with but it's much easier on facebook as I can go on there for 10 minutes at a time - I know it doesn't give me as much info but at least it's some contact (in my opinion) although I get a little tired of people's perceptions to comments and getting upset or think they're being ignored or unfriend and then send afriend request, I really can't be doing with it !! (And that's not aimed at anyone on here before any paranoia sets in ;))

That's all I think :D

Aw, I would love you as my nursey if I was sick!! Youre a calm bird!
Glad to hear things are mooching on. Ted is 16 at the end of April, and ditto, thinks he knows it alllll!!!
Great to have a catch up. I do read your fb statuses about footie!!! lol.
Hugs.xxx

Lol, I go to all the home matches Clarri and have quite a few Gills supporters friend me on Fb so feel the need to comment on the games sometimes ! It's supposed to be light relief but isn't always ;)

I'm quite good at being calm on the outside but certainly don't always feel it on the inside. It's nice to see you a little more relaxed and not tying yourself up in knots x

Last edited:
Well, I told them they could have made more of an effort - Hollie asked me to take her to the shopping centre yesterday as they hadn't got me a pressie (they had got me a card, off thier own back though). I've wanted to see the film "One Day" from when it was at the cinema but still haven't got round to it so she wanted to buy it for me - unfortunately it was sold out but she found the book (and I picked 2 others for her to get me) She also found "The Girl that kicked the Hornet's nest" and got me some chocolate honeycomb sp pressie wise I did well.

H was going out at 9.30 this morning as a friend of her's was getting baptised but she managed to make me a cup of tea before she went - no brekkie in bed though :( Went out for a meal and have had a quiet evening.

The couselling will be good for you, it gives you an independant perspective because sometimes it seems like you're your own worst ememy and it can be difficult getting control over the thoughts going round x

Oh for sure.... I know I'm my own worst enemy.
Sounds like girls did semi ok!! Lol. Teenagers eh!!! If its not about them, tough!!!
Don't be a stranger busy lady xx

Sent from my Xperia!!! excuse predictive spelling gone wrong!!

Thought I'd do a quick update :)

Just poodling along really, work's going well, passed my probation and finished my preceptorship, still have mad days but at least I feel more in control now !! There have been a couple of community jobs advertised and I'm torn about applying. I think really I want to stay on my ward, for say another year or so, so probably won't.

Food wise I'm starting another heathy eating phase. I don't think I can do the vlcd but I do like using the shakes as meal replacements when it suits me, usually for breakfast so I'm going to use some of the exante shakes that I've got. I had to throw some out as the use by date was last month but the ones I kept have only got a week or so left on them (I wonder if they last a little longer than the use by date ??)

I think I'll get a tub of the whey protein or maybe look at the slim and save website that people seem to like and the meals that I have will be sensible ones, probably go low carb but won't cut them out altogether, and just have salads, vegs, chicken, ham, tuna, cheese and stuff like that. The main thing is to cut out the crap (again !!) so no sweets, biscuits, cakes or crisps !!

Oh and I'm going to try and drink more water (2l if I can manage it) and cut out fizzy pop. See how that goes !

Back