caws diary

Whoop whoop been offered a new job :D:D:D

I received 2 texts, almost at the same time, from my 2 friends that had also applied saying they had both been offered jobs !! Funnily enough they'll both be based in the same office (they don't know each other) so I was abit gutted even though there was still plenty of time to hear about one of the other posts !!

A hour or so later, while I was still sulking, I received a call offering me one aswell so we're all really pleased. I have to give 2 months notice so I probably won't be starting until September - and where I thought I'd lose out on my increment in September she asked what paypoint I was currently on and said I'd start on the next one so I get a pay rise on starting so don't miss out at all, in fact when I've been there 6 months (and passed my probation) I'll get another increment so that can't be bad can it ?

Aw Congratulations Cathy. First visit for ages ( slapped wrists for me) and it's great to find such brilliant news !!!

Hope my good luck transfers to you, although I must admit when I was having a sulk this arvo I had a little cry aswell, even though I knew it was irrational !! It's just so sickening waiting, staring at your phone. fingers and everything crossed for you too.

Ha Jane, you haven't missed much, probably only a couple more posts ;)

Congratulations on your job - oh and Birthday choccies don't have any calories (or so I've been led to believe ;)) x

Handed in my notice today (have to give 2 months) so will leave at the end of August, although I haven't got a starting date yet - in fact I haven't even got the job offer in writing although I spoke to them yesterday and they said I should get it by the end of the week (tomorrow ???)

Went out for dinner again on Tuesday - was a last minute thing and even though I wasn't gong to have pud I did !! Food not too great this week and am off to the cinema tonight with my mum to see 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen', I've been told it's funny so it better be !!

Doesn't sound funny Caws - let us know! x

It was a really nice film - funny, political with a love twist, a feel good film ! I like Ewan MacGregor and Emily Blunt has done a couple of good films now, definitely worth seeing on dvd as abit of light relief really.

Got job letter today with loads of forms to fill in, in my head I'll start on 3rd Sept, seems sensible date to me !

All sounding good - what a funny title for that sort of film though x

Ah but that what the story is about Gem - a billionaire Sheikh from the Yemen who has a castle in Scotland and enjoys fly fishing there and decides he'd like to make a dam/lake/river in the Yemen so he can go fishing there but also bring water to the area to make agriculture possible. Ewan MacGregor is a professor (or something) working for the Fisheries Dept and Emily Blunt plays the Sheikh's PA who organises everything that he asks for.

Now that does sound interesting - I'll have to look out for that one x

Oh and the Ewan MacGregor character has asperger's, but apparently it written about in the book alot more than in the film, although it is mentioned and alluded to :)

Hi Cathy!
Did you get the dress sorted?? xx

Yes !! Prom is tonight ! Have taken a photo on my phone which I'm sure will be on Fb in next couple of days ! We went out 11am, picked Abbie up from school at 3pm and finally got home at 9pm - I like shopping but that was far too much for me.

I really wanna see the film now x

That's why I mentioned it ;)

I am well and truly knackered. I've just done my 3rd straight day with a 6am start this morning and another one tomorrow. I've then got 3 days off which I really really need. Very challenging couple of days - it's amazing the difference one difficult patient can make to the day !

I don't really mind what shifts I do Clarri but as I only do 4 days (30 hours) I prefer for them to be spread out and sometimes (like last week and this week) it's 4 days running which is hard going - physically and mentally !! We're doing a month's trial of an early early (6am - 2pm) which is good as you get away early but rubbish as you have to get up at 5am (and I had 2 of them last week and have 3 this week !!) and a late late which is 3pm - 11pm, which I did yesterday but didn't really like ! Still, only 6 or 7 weeks left and then I'll be doing more 'normal' hours although I'll go full time so will be doing 5 days instead of 4.

Morning Gem !

Nothing to report really, got 2 days off, weight loss has stalled again !!

Back