CC NSV - Non-Scale Victories!

Lovely nsv everyone :)

I know whatnypu mean about the legs, at one point in my journey that was going to be my goal rather than a weight as I tend to lose weight off the top a lot quivker

I had 3 or 4 people at work telling me I looked much slimmer today...it's so lovely to hear and makes the hard work well worth the while. I so can't WAIT to be in the 13 stones bracket :D :D

I'm starting to wonder if people are just saying that i look like i've lost weight.... they always seem to say it when I'm not really that focused on my diet, and probably putting on the lbs, and it makes me feel guilty lol XD

Thats exactly what happened to me!!

I was loosing weight and noone said anything, then i stopped for a while (2-3months), even put on a bit. Soo many people said i looked slimmer and was i loosing weight!!. Now i;'m about ohn it and lost another stone, noone has said anything again!

Dont understand it.

Almost forgot! i;'m wearing my (small)size 18 trousers and they fit perfectly (not too tight or too loose) feels soo good having correctkly fitting trousers and they are my smallest size 18s!

Maybe it took them a while to acutally look at you and see you at that weight, so in that respect you look smaller to them than before.

I'm sure you're both looking slimmer!!

My one isn't a proper one in a way but I'm going to say it anyway. Tonight I wanted to run to my car and grab something but couldn't be bothered to go and get my coat so grabbed my mum's which was by the door and put it on. Came back in and realised it wasn't as small on me as I expected. Tried to do it up and I could. My mum isn't big, she's just average really but I thought maybe she bought too big a size or something so thought I'd see what size it was and it's a size 14! Now I KNOW that I'm not a size 14, I'm well off that and so it must be a big size but I've never in the whole of my adult life worn something with such a small number on it! So it's made me smile anyway!

And I keep wearing these old pair of shorts to bed cos they're so comfy and yesterday I was changing my duvet cover and they fell down! Thankfully I was alone in my room otherwise it might have been more embarrassing rather than a NSV story! I knew they were big on me but I didn't realise just how big. Pulling them out it made me realise how much I've lost since I started. I've only lost a stone this time round, it was 2 but I put 12lbs back on but I seem to forget the bigger picture and the longer journey and where I started at right at the very beginning. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself!

Two things that I really needed to spur me on at the moment I think!

Eee those ones are awesome Caroline!! :) It's definitely always good to look back and see how far you have already travelled :) Well done x

someone said i was an inspiration today... i was like uhm thanks =P

I dont feel like one... I mean I'm not like one of those magazine articles where you see people have dropped like.... 12 stone in 6 months... i've only lost 2 stone in that time... I know its an achievement and I feel good for it but I don't feel like an inspiration... I've yo yo dieted to this weight and only now am I settling with something non faddy lol =P

I know what you mean. When you're in the middle of it you just see the distance to go, and of course all the "failures" and problems. You forget the achievements and how it must look to someone who's not living it every day. Congratulations, that's a great NSV, and I hope it reminds you of what you've achieved.

My NSV is that my Evans pyjama bottoms were falling off me. My new pair came from......*drumroll*.....Marks and Spencer! And not the fat range! YAY! They are so much softer and warmer than the Evans ones. What have I been missing all this time? They are a size 22, which of course is generous at Markses, so I guess I'm really around the middle-low end of size 24. Brilliant!

EDIT: Plus, despite TOTM and retaining a reservoir's-worth of water, I managed to lose a pound this week! I was really pleased with that. I thought the girls were going to explode at one point. I hate water retention. >:/

Well done! I was sooooo happy when I realised I don't have to shop at Evans anymore! Bet you're feeling great :D

I know what you mean. When you're in the middle of it you just see the distance to go, and of course all the "failures" and problems. You forget the achievements and how it must look to someone who's not living it every day. Congratulations, that's a great NSV, and I hope it reminds you of what you've achieved.

My NSV is that my Evans pyjama bottoms were falling off me. My new pair came from......*drumroll*.....Marks and Spencer! And not the fat range! YAY! They are so much softer and warmer than the Evans ones. What have I been missing all this time? They are a size 22, which of course is generous at Markses, so I guess I'm really around the middle-low end of size 24. Brilliant!

EDIT: Plus, despite TOTM and retaining a reservoir's-worth of water, I managed to lose a pound this week! I was really pleased with that. I thought the girls were going to explode at one point. I hate water retention. >:/

I just recently did the same, purchased a size 22 set of pjs woooo :p tried the jeans on as well! Because I've got a big belleh compared to the rest of me they didnt quite do up at the top, but they did fit apart from the button!!! Will go back there at some point and try the jeans on again, hopefully I'll get in em.

Its funny that I fit into evans 22 (with room!) yet I don't at all with m&s. Definitely between half a size to 1 size's worth of difference between the bigger peoples shops and normal shops!

I had an NSV today (of sorts). Was walking to the car and dropped my keys, as I looked down to pick them up I couldn't see my belly anymore sticking out bigger than my boobs. My midriff is shrinking! Still can't see my feet mind! x

I have two victories!

The first is allowing my friends to take photos of me at my Hen Night at the weekend and post them online and I didn't untag myself! I'm no longer frightened of full body shots! BIG moment for me!

The other victory is that I am posting one of them here! I am the girl in the middle:

hennight.jpg

Last edited:
Back