CC NSV - Non-Scale Victories!

I just called about an hour ago an got offered a job to be the resident PrincessMascot in Hamleys :D :D I'll work Thursday-Tuesday and dress up as the princess characters and walk around the shop for photos and talking to all the costumers. I know that's not really weight related, but I doubt I would of got the job when I was bigger! :D Hehe, sorry for being so big-headed but I'm just so happy :D

:talk017:​

Also, all of these NSV rock! I'm so so proud of you all :D :D

This isn't clothes related, but my most recent NSV is that my thumb and fingers wouldn't meet around my wrists when I was at my biggest. ANd I mean, I had almost an inch gap-maybe even more :-/
Last year I discovered my fingers now comfortably meet round my left wrist, but nowhere near on my right (!?lol lol) - but just last week I found they now touch! With a little effort, yes, but at least it's happening :D

oh, oh, oh - AND, I LOVE charity shop shopping, but used to be soooo limited as to what would fit. Today I nipped into one that had everything half price, and came out with two pairs of trousers, one Per Una, one Next, both fitted perfectly (and there were loads more that I could have bought if I'd liked them - I don't have to buy things just coz they fit anymore;-)) and both are a size 16. I have a clear out of jeans at the weekend, and had to rag-bag a few pairs of 16s, and now have more 14s than 16s - although I think I actually AM more of a 16, the 14s are well within my grasp lol

Well done ladies..

And I believe that's Princess Happy healthy now :D

Well done ladies..

And I believe that's Princess Happy healthy now :D

All bow to the Princess ! Oh my I feel really up my own behind saying that! If any of you guys are in Hamleys soon - come and see me :D xx

I had my first NSV today. Been CC for a month now and I was begining to think I would never have a NSV. I'm not in a smaller size yet, I don't look any different in the mirror, and my clothes aren't getting baggy. I was feeling pretty low......until..........Today. :D

I went out for a meal with my OH and MIL for her bday. I had decided I would eat sensibley, but enjoy myself. I wasn't bothered if I went over calories slightly as I haven't had a sod it day since I started.

Now, a month ago I would have ordered a starter, chosen the large version of my main, helped finish of MIL's main and attempted a pud.
Today I shared a starter with OH, and chose the smaller version of my main meal without even thinking, and the real NSV moment was that I couldn't even finish my main. I was completley full, and actually realised I was full! So, I left nearly half my main. Now I'm not endorsing food waste, but I felt pretty chuffed with myself, and it restored my faith in CC, because my stomach must have shrunk! Yay!! :D Even OH commented and gave me a cheeky little smile.

Not your conventional NSV, but none the less, a very very succesful and happy one for me. :D

Squeezyweezy said:
I had my first NSV today. Been CC for a month now and I was begining to think I would never have a NSV. I'm not in a smaller size yet, I don't look any different in the mirror, and my clothes aren't getting baggy. I was feeling pretty low......until..........Today. :D

I went out for a meal with my OH and MIL for her bday. I had decided I would eat sensibley, but enjoy myself. I wasn't bothered if I went over calories slightly as I haven't had a sod it day since I started.

Now, a month ago I would have ordered a starter, chosen the large version of my main, helped finish of MIL's main and attempted a pud.
Today I shared a starter with OH, and chose the smaller version of my main meal without even thinking, and the real NSV moment was that I couldn't even finish my main. I was completley full, and actually realised I was full! So, I left nearly half my main. Now I'm not endorsing food waste, but I felt pretty chuffed with myself, and it restored my faith in CC, because my stomach must have shrunk! Yay!! :D Even OH commented and gave me a cheeky little smile.

Not your conventional NSV, but none the less, a very very succesful and happy one for me. :D

That's great Squeezy! Well done for making good choices with the portions too. :)

Another NSV, being wolf whistled as a power walked to the shop. I know it's sexist, but sorry girls, I really don't mind it all!!

This is such a positive thread to read! A few months ago when i had had a positive few months of weight loss all my rings were too loose, and hubby and I were window shopping and I saw a stunning ring that I fell in love with. Hubby offered to buy it as a new engagement ring, and amazingly it even fitted my (previously) sausage fingers without needing adjusting. I had my wedding ring resized at the same time, and now everytime I catch sight of my gorgeous (and very 'bling') new ring it reminds me how much I have lost.

Lovely Jenna! Get a load of your bling :D

I've been reading more psychological diet books since I got closer to my goal, as I'm worried about my bad habits and that I'll start eating for comfort, out of boredom, etc once I'm no longer so strict.

Marissa Peer's 'You can be thin' has been lying around the house for a while. This week my husband picked it up and started reading it of his own accord. He needs to drop some weight himself (without being specific, he has a pretty demented attitude to food and weird eating habits, even to me!).

Without me saying anything, he's started talking more and more about his weight, eating three times a day, etc. So I'm pleased that he's wanting to do it himself. This morning he ate fruit! Geez! :eek: I think he's even going to join a gym! (THUD *sound of me fainting from shock*)

We even had a bit of a giggle over some of Peer's crazier ideas, her website is pretty weird in places, but lots of it's good.

So I hope I'm being a positive example to the people in my life about healthy weight reduction, that's a great victory for me. Just as long as I can keep going and keep it off!

oooh - I might get that book and leave it lying near my hubby....

A Major NSV for me today. I've been married nearly 22 years and today I managed to fit in my wedding dress again.
I think I've attached a photo, if it works, sorry about the quality, if it doesn't, sorry there isn't a photo! Lol!!
It's still a bit tight, but at least it proves I'm getting there! :D:D

Attachments

• wdsmall.jpg
    wdsmall.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 82
That's fab! Love the dress :)

It looks a bit dated now but it is 22 years old! It was the first wedding dress I tried on and I loved it straight away. A bit Flamenco-ish. I really must get a better photo of it, the I-phone can't quite cut it.

Well done Fiona, love the dress :)

A Major NSV for me today. I've been married nearly 22 years and today I managed to fit in my wedding dress again.
I think I've attached a photo, if it works, sorry about the quality, if it doesn't, sorry there isn't a photo! Lol!!
It's still a bit tight, but at least it proves I'm getting there! :D:D

Thats brill!! Best NSV!

My little boost this week although might not sound much was putting my wheelie bins out for the dustman, something i had not done for months (got someone else to do it) as i dont usually feel physically capable of dragging them through my garden, at 5.30 in the morning in my "short" shorts and high heels, shaking my toosh whilst listening to my ipod! lol loads of energy at that time in the morning seems to be how it is at the mo so yes, im loving it!!

Back