Cc'ing Bride

anois

Hi all,

I'm back and I'm on a mission! Getting married in Sept 2013. I'm 18.13st (ouch :( ) at the mo and hoping to get to 13 or lower before march/april so I can order the dress. Big loss I know but I'm hoping to get in and around that and just get the dress taken in if I have to.

Looking for advice and tips from ye lovely ladies and gents and anyone in a similar situation feel free to pop in and say hi.

Lou x

Good luck.am sure you can do it.calorie counting is gd since you can eat whatever you want.how many cals you going to start on hun? X

An app I'm using says 1450 but I'm thinking 1200. Not dipping below that of course. But with the wedding dress fitting coming up at the end of Feb I'm wondering will I have a good bit gone doing the 1200 method.

What do ye all think?

Lou x

Hey :) just wanted to say good luck. I'm getting married in August 2013 so I'm trying to lose a few stone before dress shopping also! I've lost almost 3 stone already with Slimming World but I've switched to CC as I just find it gives you a bit more freedom. I'm on 1200 calories at the moment and I'm finding it really enjoyably so far, although if it recommends 1450 I'd see how you go with that for now, as you might need to cut back if your weight plateaus after a couple of months. It's upto you though! I hope it goes well for you! :) x

Ye maybe I'm doing this the wrong way. Maybe I need to go by what the app says and then drop it as and when the sts's start.

What do ye think?

I'd suggest 1200, if you feel you can and then 1500 at the weekend as that way you can still allow yourself a treat whilst staying on plan.

I could never do as low as 1200, I'm on 1700 and have lost 19lbs in seven weeks. I am heavier than you tho - last weigh in was 19st 8lbs.

I agree try the 1450 first & see how you go, I reckon you'll lose on that, 1200 is a teeny amount! Google basal metabolic weight & the 'Harris bendict' (I think) formula & this will give you how need to maintain at your current weight, based on weight, age, activity etc... Then -500/day is 1lb/wk -1000 is 2lb. The app you use (mfp?) will prob work it all out ok but I'm a bit anal about these things!! I would say don't go to less than 1000 off your maintainence level - your body may go into shock!! When I'm being good I'm on about 1500/day and at 5ft2 & just over 10st I lose.....hope this helps & I haven't bored you with my rambling!! ;)

You haven't bored me at all hun. Thanks for the help.

Ps this is my motivation! Leaving these photo's here to remind me why I need to do this lol ;)

Attachments

• image-2296395998.jpg
    image-2296395998.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 66
  • image-528422129.jpg
    image-528422129.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 61
Thanks hun. Only goes to a size 14 I think so really going to have to push hard from now till late feb early March to have it ordered in time for my wedding the first sat in sept

Lou x

Crikey, only a 14 that's crazy....but it doesn't mean you have to be 14 in feb, just reasses then to see how if it's attainable, how much you've lost by then etc... Feb is 5 months away, don't know if you're planning on increasing your exercise as I find this is what keeps me on an even keel & it changes your body shape without necessary big changes to weight. I think a dress size is a better aim than a weight goal, as its more flexible! Have you got a diary on here?

the_last_time said:
I agree try the 1450 first & see how you go, I reckon you'll lose on that, 1200 is a teeny amount! Google basal metabolic weight & the 'Harris bendict' (I think) formula & this will give you how need to maintain at your current weight, based on weight, age, activity etc... Then -500/day is 1lb/wk -1000 is 2lb. The app you use (mfp?) will prob work it all out ok but I'm a bit anal about these things!! I would say don't go to less than 1000 off your maintainence level - your body may go into shock!! When I'm being good I'm on about 1500/day and at 5ft2 & just over 10st I lose.....hope this helps & I haven't bored you with my rambling!! ;)

Hi :)
I'm 5ft and just a tad over 10st ... I'm struggling to lose .. Maybe I need to up my cals ...?? I was doing 1350 coz that's what I thought I should be doing ... But have recently gone down to 1200 ... Altho sticking to it is hard lol ... Your stats are sorta the same as me and you have 1500.. And lose ..!! I do find all this do confusing .!
xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ye like if I was a 16 or 18 in feb surely I could order the dress and be in the 14 by sept. end of February to the start of sept is 6 months. Hopefully enough to drop a dress size or two.

Starting on 1450 this morning. Probably better to go with what the app says for 2lb a week. The exercise will hopefully help to get the 3rd pound. If I go 1200 ill have no where to go in a few stones time if a plateau happens.

Lou x

anois said:
Ye like if I was a 16 or 18 in feb surely I could order the dress and be in the 14 by sept. end of February to the start of sept is 6 months. Hopefully enough to drop a dress size or two.

Starting on 1450 this morning. Probably better to go with what the app says for 2lb a week. The exercise will hopefully help to get the 3rd pound. If I go 1200 ill have no where to go in a few stones time if a plateau happens.

Lou x

I think that's very sensible - you really do need to be able to reduce yours cals over time, and if you start on 1200 you can't do that. Good luck! :) xx

Definitely start higher. That way if you start to plateu you can cut back on calories. I'm a stone heavier and eating 1625 calories. Lost 7.5 lbs in two weeks x

linski24 said:
Hi :)
I'm 5ft and just a tad over 10st ... I'm struggling to lose .. Maybe I need to up my cals ...?? I was doing 1350 coz that's what I thought I should be doing ... But have recently gone down to 1200 ... Altho sticking to it is hard lol ... Your stats are sorta the same as me and you have 1500.. And lose ..!! I do find all this do confusing .!
xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think 1200 is a very small amount & I know loads of people do it but I do t think I'd get through the day, not without grumbling anyway! I am quite active & I think I have a reasonable amount of muscle which increases calorie use. I cycle to work (30 min/day) & have mostly had active/ on my feet jobs (carer, retail, bar/waitressing) which all helps. I must admit though sometimes I think I'm just lucky?? However, when I want to lose I cut things out or right down eg crisps, booze, bread & I increase my pulses, lean protein & nuts which could help....the problem is everyone's different & no plan fits all. Good luck if you stick to 1200, but if you feel like taking a risk you shouldn't gain anything on 1500/1600 calories a day so may be try it for a couple of weeks?? :)

takemedrunkimhome said:
Hey,

Good luck and i speak from experience that your wedding is the BEST motivation ever.

x

It really is isn't it. White is not a slimming colour! And on top of that I'm a shy girl I'm don't want to feel self conscious when they say "be upstanding for the new mr and mrs ....." I'm anxious enough as it is :eek:

Back