Step 1 Sole Source + CC's C diary 2013

I LOVE marks and Spencer's nightwear - so much stretch that an 18 was perfect *happy dance* :) :) :) and so many pretty colours. I was so thrilled I indulged in a BOGOHP and got a new nightie and a new pair of bottoms. I haven't bought any new things for me in so long, it feels a bit naughty - but I am worth it. I've been 100% all week and am actually looking forward to weigh in tomorrow! Hoping for 4lbs ;)

Can't wait for bedtime now! Xx

That's so fantastic!!! Congrats on the new stuff and I love the idea of a hula hoop - might have to try it. Let me know how it goes!

Awww well done CC, u should get 4lbs tomorrow!

Hula hoop... Go for it. I've got one. Was 6.99 from home n bargains. It's weighted n easy to use, I used to hoop during the adverts! It did bruise a little big but nothing v major! Worth a go

X

Morning!

I'm struggling to work out what day I am on - I think it is day 25 as I started on a Tuesday. I'm not really looking back, more thinking forwards! I'm hoping for 4 lbs at my weigh in later, and that would make an incredible 24 in 25! I'm actually excited :)

I'm feeling back in control now, and totally focused. It took a week after cheese gate to get back settled again, and it has taught me there is little point in 'cheating' as it just throws the plan off balance. I'm a control freak anyway I think, and this is the one area of my life I have never been in control of, so now I'm even more determined to do this for me.

I went to the gym last night, and it felt good - like I had some strength returning. I'm going to aim for gym 3x a week, plus 100% this week (no distractions ahead). Must get new flavours today - oriental chilli for sure! Might try a couple more bars as well :)

Happy Saturday everyone - it's the weekend so drink lots and stay strong! Xx

Good morning ladies

I've been reading your stories and you're all doing so well. Cupcake you're a complete inspiration :). I think you're going to smash that target :)

Just wondered if I could jump in and join you from time to time.

A bit about me. I'm 33, and have spent my life o one diet or another. The only time I was happy with my weight was about 4 years ago and I'd had a pretty rough time of things so had lost loads of weight through stress. Since then though, its back on!! I only have about 1 1/2 stone to loose tops, but I grew up as the fat kid in school and was always bullied for it so its a really big deal for me carrying weight I feel like I'm useless and inadequate because of it. I started cambridge back in march and lost 10lbs quite easily but since then I've been on holiday, my nan has been I'll and passed away, and we've been going through the adoption process which has been stressful. So here I am back at day 1 of cambridge on step 2. To be honest I should have started on Wednesday but haven't quite had the motivation. Today needs to be a new start for me.

Anyway, hope you don't mind me gate crashing.

Good luck to everyone :) xx

Ps. Cupcake, can I ask if your hystorectomy has affected your weight? I had a total abdominal hystorectomy last October, before then during emotional times I couldn't eat, now its completely the opposite and I can't stop!!

Hey Cupcake!
Woo new clothes! Congratulations on your shrinking dress size and new purchases. You are definitely worth it!
Glad you're feeling more focused and I'm stealing your hula-hoop idea too :party0049: Motivation to not eat I'm cool with, but motivation to exercise I don't have a scooby! I'll try anything and everything until I find something that sticks... You're so good going to the gym!

Enjoy your Saturday xx

Hiya Bec - welcome on board - the more the merrier I say!

Well done you for having the focus and determination to begin again - you will be fab :) sorry to hear of so much going on for you - it's the thing about life that never ceases to amaze - how much we have to deal with, in an already full life. I'm sure you will find loads of support and motivation here, and anything we can do to help, just shout. :)

I found post hysterectomy I was a mess, eating, sleeping and exercising wise. I had a few complications too, and I pulled my best comfort eating out of the bag and slowly the weight crept up. I don't think the hormonal changes are solely to blame, but I'm sure they have an effect. Thing is, this is me now, my body, my life, and I can't blame my hormones any more! I simply have hideously bad eating habits which I am doing my utmost to address. Having the Hysterectomy was though, undoubtedly the best thing for me, and I have zero regrets for having it.

Good luck with step 2 - you'll do great xx

Hi Red - I guess with exercise, you have to keep trying to find something that you enjoy, and that fits with your life. I have a friend who does wonders on the wii fit, another who salsas, another who runs, and then me, who if I'm honest, took 3 months of going to the gym before I started to enjoy it. I now love it, and I find it helps destress, clear my head, and help me sleep better. I'm no gym bunny - I'm the big girl in the hoody with old school headphones on, but I love it, and it suits. Keep trying whatever makes you comfortable, but don't give up too soon! I've been told it takes 21 days to make a habit - who knows? But moving in some way is better than not I guess :)

Hope you are having a great Saturday! Xx

So, I am beyond happy to report a 5lbs weight loss this week - 25 pounds in 25 days !!!!!!!!!!!!! So so happy indeed. :) :) :)

I'm aiming for another 5 this week to take me into the next number down, and to clear the 2 stone mark. One quarter of the way down already. Wow. Xx

Thanks bubbly. 100% does work!

I'm having the toughest evening having cooked my tribe chicken pie (my fav) with yorkshires, peas, mash and gravy. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm climbing the walls here! I've had my soup, and I'm not hungry, it's just the taste and mouth feel I crave. Off for a bath I think. Oh this is hard :(

Habits eh? Got to do this. Just got to xx

Well done cupcake your amazing!!! Just think you'll be lighter in the morning and will feel so good for resisting temptation!!
The taste of the food isn't worth it your doing so well :) xx

Morning CC

Hope u were successful last night. I went to bed and forgot all about my 3rd sachet :-/ wasn't hungry, just couldn't get thought of food out of my head!

How long have you been on this? 25 days?!

Hope you have a good one honey. Proud of you :)

X

Hi cupcake...I found your diary! :) you really are an inspiration...and sorry but cheesegate did make me giggle. I bit the bullet and just told people I wasn't eating when faced with business lunches. Isn't it wierd people's reaction when you say you're not eating for whatever reason..they get all apologetic! I have managed to stop feeling guilty and I don't miss food most of the time. In fact I'm not sure how I fitted it in!! ;) xx

Hello all!

So I'm still in struggling mode - I don't understand it. I was overjoyed to lose again, feeling much more confident and secure in the diet, then WHAM suddenly all I want to do is eat! I'm not even hungry, just smelling, and cooking has set me off! I've been on the edge for 24 hours now, but I'm holding on. I've drunk black tea, black coffee, sparkling water, and now treated myself to a coke zero to feel like I'm having a treat. I'm freezing cold, and tired too so that doesn't help. I've been cleaning like a madwoman, and watched so much rubbish tv whilst doing it just to keep busy busy busy. Just made marmite sandwiches for my tribe and it took every once of willpower not to inhale them all!
Weekends! Grr!
I'm planning soup for tea, and then I'm going to halve a hot choc shake and halve a chewy malt bar for the evening. Not strictly advisable, but I'm needing something to look forward to! I'll have the other halves tomorrow night. (Got a digital scale to measure half a sachet so hopefully it will be ok).

Hope everyone else is having a good day xx

Hey Cupcake, well done on another 5lb. That's bloody brilliant :D An even bigger congratulations for getting through yesterday and today whilst having a mental hunger struggle. Good idea on having the "treat" and keep those positive thoughts going. You won't regret overcoming the hunger but you would definitely regret giving in to it xx

Back