Step 1 Sole Source + CC's C diary 2013

Just look after yourself cupcake. Worry about diet when u feel better.., x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Evening. I'm a wobbly mess! So hate feeling like this, but think the a-bs are working. Have only managed 2 shakes today, just can't swallow.

I think the a-bs make me feel sick too which doesn't help.

No gym, no energy, no life!

Hoping a good night will see a brighter tomorrow. Off to bed after watching supersize super skinny. Realise I don't want to be either. Xx

Thinking of you...get well soon and be gentle on yourself...this diet is tough enough at the best of times let alone when you're feeling rough. Xx

Big hug fir you wee cupcake... Hope the ABs kick in soon and that you're feeling better!

Keep drinking water :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

So I have treated myself to a bag of ice, and am enjoying icy cold water. Small treats :)

Feeling slightly better this eve, left work early, and have a glorious weekend ahead. Not going anywhere, doing anything, or feeling pressured to be social. So it's mega rest, reading, antibiotics, and drinking for me. Got my weigh in tomorrow, so hopefully that should set me straight for a new week ahead. It's day 38 today, so I'm pleased to still be managing, despite being so poorly. I just hope the antibiotics have not had a negative effect on losing. Nor not being able to manage all 3 sachets.

Xx

Day 39 - I can talk! Slept well for the first time this week, and woke up to birdsong and the promise of a beautiful day :)

Feeling more like my usual self, which is good. Going to take it easy today, and potter about. Got to catch up on the cleaning, washing, etc. it's amazing how things stack up when you're poorly!

Scales this morning show a loss, which is a relief, but until my official weigh in I won't know for sure. I think I am still bloated and puffy from all the meds so hoping that sorts itself out.

Will update later xx

Glad you're better cupcake and that you slept well. Makes a massive difference. Good luck for the weigh in :)

X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

So I've lost an incredible 5lbs again. The numbers are adding up! I still don't feel it though, and that feels odd.

Still feeling rough, so I'm off to bed with a box set. Xx

Bloody hell cupcake... How do you do it?! Well done honey!!! Enjoy box set :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Morning. Got a tiny bit more energy today - I woke early, flung open all the windows and made a cup of earl grey, then curled up on the sofa with the cat and watched the morning unfurl before me. Think I'm definitely on the mend. Managed 3 shakes yesterday, and slept well again.

Have been pondering progress and success markers. I can see the numbers, and for me they are truly important as I have so many numbers to go. 35 down, 65 to go - edging closer to half way means a lot. But inside myself, I'm still feeling shamefully huge despite there clearly being a change outwardly (though I can't see it myself, others are telling me). So I need to find a way to mark success in other ways. Here's my list so far.

My towel moment - being able to wrap the towel further round was great.
Losing the size 22's.
No bra overspill anymore.
New Nightie appears to now be longer than before with less to go 'round'!

I'm going to keep thinking of more today, please if anyone reading has any others that work for them, do add them - the more the merrier!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone xx

P.s. go Murray :)

I have another - having my 8 year old put his arms round me and touching the other side :). That one is special xx

So Sunday was lovely. Drank 4l of water, did some gardening, sat in th sun, and watched amazing tennis. Happy times.

Managed a strawberry shake, and tomato soup so far. Not so keen on the spicy tomato soup - it was a bit bland. Hoping to nibble a lemon bar in about an hour, before bed.
Got a nice easy week ahead, lots of paperwork, but few meetings or travel. Aiming to get back to the gym too.

Now going for a long bath, and a great book.

Have a good evening xx

Thanks Kate xx

Day 41, and I'm feeling a lot better. Still so tired, and sicky, but that is the antibiotics I think. Going to walk to work today so setting off early - think I can make it in 45 mins so hopefully won't be too sweaty and smelly by the time I get there! Will drop the kids off en-route so exercise all round!

My skin is feeling dry so I need to get something to sort that out. Might try poundland as finances are tight following the expense of CWP each week.

Thought of another measure of my loss last night - my ring is looser. Hadn't thought of that before!

Aiming for a shake, a soup and a bar today. Can't decide which yet!

Have a good day everyone xx

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I love all of the NSVs that other people don't even have on their map ...towels, hugs, rings. The list will just get longer and longer. Congratulations on the weight loss! It's freaking fantastic, and to do it when you're feeling sick and miserable is absolutely awesome. Keep it up, you'll be mini cupcake in no time!

Thanks plum - you are always so positive, and your support is much appreciated :)

Had a good day, still juggling the intricacies of timing antibiotics and shakes but I'm nearly there. Last dose at 7pm, lemon bar at 8 ;) enjoyed a long mango shake at lunch, and an oriental chilli soup for tea.

Felt hot, very hot today, but noticed another new thing. Less thigh rubbage! I'm not chafed, or red as I used tone on the inner thighs and that really is something to celebrate. Believe me, I've a long way to go, but to not have that awful soreness at the end of a long day is fantastic.

Currently being hit on the head in the garden by my gorgeous footballing tribe, but not minding too much - honest! Nice to be back in the land of the living once more ;)

Have a beautiful evening everyone, xx

Thanks Kate!

Btw I meant to mention the moisturiser I got at PoundLand - something called Flexitol oil spray which smells divine and absorbs beautifully. It's meant to be for scars and stretch marks too so I thought it might be a good insurance against saggy skin too. Brilliant value for a pound as I think it's a lot more elsewhere ;) xx

Last edited:
Back