Step 1 Sole Source + CC's C diary 2013

EX-fatty old you!! From what I've read, you inspire a lot of people - you certainly inspire me! :)

Thanks Rachel - thats so lovely of you :) i'm not feeling very inspiring today though..........

Had my WI, and a disaster has occurred. One which I cannot understand, nor was I expecting. At all.

I STS :(

I did 2 days with my chicken and veggies on SS+, 5 days SS. Exercise, water, I did it all. And not a pound. Not even half. Grrrrrrrrrrr. What is occurring? I can't afford this diet without ebaying, and I def can't afford it if I'm not losing anything! I'm truly truly baffled. And sad :( :( :( xx

Hi Cupcake,
I'm so sorry you had a disappointing weigh-in. It sucks when you've made such an effort and stayed on track. Sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason why our bodies do stuff like that :(
You did a huge 5lb last week... could it be that you weighed in last week at a 'perfect moment' for your body i.e. no water retained... and this week you had a little more water floating around? Hormone cycles (whether it's TOTM or not) tend to make a massive difference for water retention. I mean, it can't be fat, you haven't eaten enough for that!
Anyway I can't pretend to understand it but just know that you are STILL an inspiration, most definitely, and you will continue to be strong this week without letting this annoyance ruin it all for you, which will make you even more of an inspiration! xx

Sorry to hear that, cupcake. And it's easy to say but focus on the controllable s. we all know cd works, but our bodies like to play tricks sometimes. Keep on going and feel good that next week's loss will more likely than not be dramatic! ;) x

11 weeks in...53lbs down...33 to go!

Thanks Rachel and Kate. It feels pants, it really does. I just wasn't expecting it at all. Really floored me! Thought I'd hit 50lbs for sure. And felt so much better.

Still, I'm as stubborn as they come and I'm not giving in! I'm just going to redouble my efforts and I'm determined to not give in. I'm not.

So mango, chilli and lemon for me today. And a long walk. And 4l.

Xx

Morning.

Nearly blew it last night. Nearly. But didn't. I feel close to giving up, but not quite. I need to give myself a strong talking to!

So - i was Up early, and went on a long cycle ride to the gym, did an hour in the gym, then cycled back. Have had 2.5l water so far.

A good start to the day I feel.

I'm now deciding what to have xx

Well done you! That was me on Friday night...I so nearly succumbed to a bottle of wine on the train, but sparkling water saved me! ;)

Hope today is a good one. K xx

11 weeks in...53lbs down...33 to go!

Thanks Kate.

I've had a good day. Been to the loo more than ever before though! I've had a Cappuccino shake, a chilli soup, half a hot choc mint and half a lemon bar today. Trying to change the flavours around a bit to see if it helps too.

Did some weights this pm for toning the upper arm bingo wings, and had a long scrub and soak to clear the dead skin after all this hot weather. I'm tired tonight, but no early night as DD is out and I'm staying up til she's in.

Have a good Sunday eve xx

Morning all! Off to work in a bit so should be busy today.

I've been scale hovering since Saturday. I think I'm going to weigh everyday this week so there are no nasty shocks like before. So far my scales, seem to be registering 3lbs less than my CWPC's scales. So it's possible my scales are off, or hers are? Either way I know what the numbers are now, and can only hope they reduce by Saturday.

Have a great day everyone xx

It's been a good day. Coffee vanilla shake for brek, soup for lunch, and I've had half a lemon bar and got half a hot choc mint to go. Plus 5l :)

Been busy at work too, plus a nice walk. I'm determined to keep focused. Head down, one foot in front of the other, tunnel vision. It's 9 weeks ago tomorrow I started. So I need my weigh in on Sat to be a good one. 3 weeks to go before 810 then, so I'm going to aim for 60lbs total loss by then. I. Can. Do. It. Xx

Yes. You. Can. ;)

Morning.

So my daily weigh could be a good or a bad thing, but today shows no movement. So to motivate, I tried on my size 18 jeans and they did up, and were actually loose, so that pleased me :)

I've also been looking back at SW weight losses, and I can see that around the 230 mark I stalled and slowed before. Which is what led me to pretend I was happy with being a size 18, and give up. Which led me to eat carelessly. Which led me to regain. Twice.

So I guess my body is being stubborn right about now, but I must be more stubborn, and stay focused. I'm not tempted by food per se, more like the sheer effort and determination is wearing me out. All the juggling, money worrying, managing, stress of work etc, is magnified for me. So I'm going back to writing a paper diary, and noting every water bottle, every time I drink, and what I eat, when I eat it. I did this at the beginning and it got me through the first couple of weeks. So I hope that doing it again now, during this plateau, will focus my mind and so the body follows through!

Hope everyone else is doing well - have a good day xx

Hi CC. I'm in the same boat. I was pi**ed to stay the same this week but It has spurred me on to do a little more. It blows my mind that I could be eating so few calories and yet not lose. It makes me very nervous of maintenance.

You have a fabulous mindset so keep your focus and keep it up. You're fantastic and you can get over this little bump. You. Can. Do. It!

Oh Plum, bless you. Yes, sts sucks :( We can ride it out though :)

Today has been a day of pants weather, but I've cycled to the gym and back, plus did an hour in the gym. Drank 5l, pure water, no flavouring. I've had 2 vanilla shakes with coffee, plus my chilli soup - so no lemon bar tonight. I'm tired now, and feel nicely achy.

I've also cooked fish pie for my tribe, plus done the ironing :) I deserve a medal ;)

Xx

Morning. Off to walk to work in a bit, and gather provisions for my lovely ones who are picnicking tomorrow. But I'm not as I've got a few extra hours at work :) Bonus :)

I really don't mind cooking/shopping for others now - it doesn't bother me really - the smell of a takeaway though........ ;)

Scales still not budged this morning, but it is midweek and there are still 3.5 days to go before WI. So we'll see.

Not sure what I'm going to eat today, might try a rest from the bars again as I didn't really miss them yesterday. Who knows?!

Hope everyone has a good last day of July xx

Evening!

Watching a fascinate programme on c4 about extreme diets to combat type 2 diabetes - 1 group of women on optifast which seems similar to Cambridge. Really interesting and thought provoking. Makes me even more aware of the damage I have done to myself over the years.

100% today - vanilla shake, chilli soup, hot choc mint shake. A good day xx

Morning. Scales still static. Grr. Off early to the gym as I've got work later. Please please please could my body just let go of some weight? Ty xx

I'm back! ;) I know what you mean about shopping...I feel much more objective when I shop now. I don't buy things 'for the kids' that I know damn well I'll eat so there's no guilt. I buy stuff for the kids I know they will like and eat but it really is for them!

Best of luck at the gym. I'm off there too. Hope the scales move soon. I'm judiciously avoiding mine as I know they will have jumped and I don't want to feel guilty about yest. Hilariously tho...avoiding the scales for me is harder than avoiding food!

Take care and have a fab day xx

12 weeks on SS...57lbs down...28lbs to go! Just started Step 2...

Yay Kate - get us, gym bunnies ;)

Glad you had a great day, and can't wait to hear about step 2.

I've had a good day, got hunger pangs which I wasn't expecting, but have killed them with sparkling water. I loved my cycle ride, and have got lots done at work. I've got the house to myself which is a novelty and instead of mowing the lawn, I'm sat, enjoying the evening.

I've got one pack left, and I think it will be soup. Managed 4l of water today so that's good.

I've been avoiding the drinks mix the last couple of days to see if that might help release the stall. I just want to get losing again - even just a bit.

Xx

Hello all.

Ive managed a loss - yay! 3.5lbs this week which tips me into just over half way :party0011:

Im relieved and happy. Thank goodness for that!

I hope everyone else is ok xx

Back