Step 1 Sole Source + CC's C diary 2013

Yay! Well done you! :)

I braved a midweek weigh after my day off today and the damage isn't too bad...should sts by Tuesday but am away for ten days so next weigh will be a week on tues.

K xx

12 weeks on SS...57lbs down...28lbs to go! Just started Step 2...

Thanks Kate - a sts is brill - and you are so sorted in what you are doing, it's really inspirational! I've got one more week on ss+ then it's my 810 week. Can't believe the weeks have flown by! I'm going for it this week, no excuses, just plain and simple CWP!

Will you be following step 2 on hols? Be kind to yourself, you deserve to enjoy a break, but don't go AWOL will you?! Xx

Morning.

Been to the gym, walked there and back too. Ad have done all the floors so exercise wise I'm feeling virtuous!

Going to have a 4 pack day I think on the exercise days, to keep the energy levels up. So today is a vanilla shake, chilli soup, coffee shake, and then a hot choc before bed. Yummy.

I've also realised I've reached the exact same weight I was, when I was at my lowest with SW, when I stalled and gave up. So I'm determined more than ever to break through this weight, get into the 15's, bmi below 30, and get onto the road down to 14, 13, 12............... By Christmas :)

This is my last week on ss/ss+ before 810, and I'm meal planning already! No harm in being prepared....... ;) xx

Onto my 3rd shake in a bit - I'm adding chilli flakes to my soup too for a change as I'm also making chicken curry for my tribe at the same time :) xx

I actually breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw your weight loss this week! Nothing would have been more cruel than to STS again after your mega-efforts!! Half way is a brilliant landmark. You know for certain that you can do what you've done, so it's a fact that you can do the same again! Massive 'well done' cheers for you!

Yum! Sounds good! I'm on track and am doing a fair bit of walking the last couple of days to tutorials and stuff so fingers crossed. Hope you're having a great Sunday. Xx

Hello!

Had a busy day at work, but enjoyed making my lists for Step 2 next week. I'm going to cook a version Of my fav SW quiche using cottage cheese, eggs, tuna, mushroom, spring onion and spinach. It will be 3 portions but so worth it over 3 days. Plus scrambled eggs with mushrooms, chicken with broccoli, prawn salad, and an Indian chicken saag. I can't wait!

On clothing issues, my jeans fell down. So I got out my belt. Which was pointless because it did nothing to help - I need more holes! So it looks like some 18's are too big now. Hard to get my head round tbh but in a good way.

Today's food was yum, coffee shake, chilli soup with extra chilli, plus my fav lemon bar for this eve. 4l water too :) a good day xx

I'm loving the fact that your jeans fell down!! I bet that's an amazing feeling :) Now that your bum is a size 16 you need to adjust your brain to believe it :D I think it's sometimes harder to accept your slim self than it was to get there!

Thanks Rachel - the head thing is by far the hardest adjustment I think. :)

I've gone through the suitcases I have of smaller clothing from yesteryear, and am truly ashamed of what I have but haven't worn due to my size. BUT the upside is I still have it to try on. And today sees me squeezed into a pair of size 16 Capri jeans. Amazing. I still have a bit of room round the waist but the legs are tighter - I've definitely got smaller on top faster than on the bottom. Still looking like a weeble then ;) !!!

Today I'm going to take size 22, and it's best friend size 20 to the charity shop. I might keep my size 22 work trousers just so I can put both my legs into 1 when I'm at goal ;)

Food wise, coffee shake, chilli soup, plus a lemon bar. Yum. Xx

I love your last post. :) you should be so so proud... X

Thanks Kate :)

So it's been a busy day, been to the gym, weeded the garden, and did some work. Also managed to make endless sandwiches and watch Scooby Doo ;)

I'm on 4 today, so it's vanilla, chilli, lemon bar, and another chilli. Yum.

I think my chin is less double-y. Only a little, but it certainly looks less droopy to me ;). Xx

Morning! I'm ever so cold today. I've had a 'proper' coffee to warm me up and I can feel the caffeine!

Taking my son to a football tournament today, plus doing a big supermarket shop as we have nothing in! Not sure how I feel about that at the moment, but I've got a list of 810 basics like cottage cheese etc for me so it should be ok.

The scales have shifted downwards ever so slightly so I'm hopeful for a loss this week again on sat. No more sts for me!

Have a great day xx

Evening! I've also managed a cycle ride and a trip to the gym - must be the caffeine! I feel all energetic and busy ;)
I even bought cakes and popcorn and chocs and felt no urge to scoff (which is a real change for the better). I had a lovely time comparing calorie and fat content in cottage cheese too - and I never thought that was something id ever do!

Loved my soup this eve, and I've still got my lemon bar to go :) :) :) xx

Hello!

Been a little busy with a few family bits today - had some bad news so feeling a little out of sorts. Kind of don't want to eat so I'm struggling. Have had a choccy tetra, but my mind is racing and my tummy feels upside down, so maybe only manage a bar later. Ugh.

Hope everyone else is ok xx

Hello!

Had a busy day at work, but enjoyed making my lists for Step 2 next week. I'm going to cook a version Of my fav SW quiche using cottage cheese, eggs, tuna, mushroom, spring onion and spinach. It will be 3 portions but so worth it over 3 days. Plus scrambled eggs with mushrooms, chicken with broccoli, prawn salad, and an Indian chicken saag. I can't wait! xx

Hey Cupcake well done and what a fab loss so far. Can I be cheeky and ask for the recipe, sounds yummy for when I move into stop 2 xx

Hey Cupcake well done and what a fab loss so far. Can I be cheeky and ask for the recipe, sounds yummy for when I move into stop 2 xx

Not cheeky at all - of course!

If you look at the allowable list for step 2, you can have one portion of protein rich food, and 80g veg for your meal. These amounts equate to 3 protein servings, plus 1.5 veg servings. So it will go over 3 days, just add 40g salad leaves to each serving.

2 eggs
325g reduced fat cottage cheese
260g tuna (spring water but drained)

Mixed together with salt and pepper to taste in an oven proof dish. (I use a small whisk)

Then stir in 40g of chopped spring onions, and 80g of washed baby spinach leaves. (You can mix and match to suit with any of the veg such as leeks, mushrooms, broccoli but I like using spinach and spring onions as it gives a lovely flavour).

Cook in the oven at about 180 degrees for about 35- 45 mins til it looks golden brown and is a little it puffed up. It will sink as it cools a little bit.

Cut into 3 wedges, for the 3 servings.

It really is yummy, and very filling. My fitness Pal works it out at about 190 cals per serving so not much more than a lemon bar!

Let me know if you try it, and what you think. :) xx

Morning.

Been for a walk and did an hour in the gym. Now planning my shakes - think coffee, chilli and hot choc, with my meal of step 2 quiche and salad. Seems like a LOT of food!

I've go a mountain of ironing to do - think the corrie omnibus might be in order ;)

Have a good day xx

Morning!

Got one vomiting child this morning, which strangely makes me feel ridiculously hungry...... Made him dry toast and for the first time I just wanted to nibble it too! I'm so tired from being up in the night I think suits not really hunger, just tiredness. Must be strong!

I managed to eat 3 sachets plus the meal yesterday - will try for the same today. Coffee, chilli, mango and tuna quiche. It's the last of my quiche so tomorrow I'm planning to make a chicken tikka but I'm just figuring a way to do it without onions or tomatoes. Spring onions, green peppers, spinach, oven roasted with chilli and coriander, then puréed to make a curry paste to marinate the chicken in might be the way to do it, then a dry fry of the mixture served with a little more coriander. I think I'll make 3 portions again, and freeze 2 portions.

Step 2 certainly gives you more to think about and do - I kind of like it but don't expect great losses this week.

Have a good day xx

So I've been rather self indulgent today, and invested in a pair of gloves to scrub the body from PoundLand. Yes, I spent a pound ;). And it occurred to me that since doing Cambridge, I have actually taken far more care of myself, listened to my body, and invested in my health and wellbeing, than another time in my life. Incredible really, but I guess I'm devoted to taking care of others, which means I've always ignored myself. Hence ending up at 20 stone and ill. Tonight I will shower and scrub and be nice to myself, and appreciate the changing shape of me.

It's good to be doing something positive.

And it has also helped me ignore the 'bullies' who talk about me, not to me; who make snidy comments, ignore any contributions I make and have tried to make me feel worthless along the way. I've always felt not good enough, and blamed myself. I don't talk about it (this is a rare event) but its there nonetheless. But those people, who don't actually *know* me, don't matter. And it's taken 12 weeks on Cambridge, a very good CWP, and my wonderful friends and family to help me see it. I'm ok. I'm me. And in the words of a famous beauty brand - I'm worth it :) xx

P.s. sorry to be so deep, but I've made a bit of a breakthrough today xx

That's an amazing and inspirational realisation. Well done you...you are truly amazing xxx

Back