CD 790/1000/1200 cal challenge.......4 weeks starting 6th November

Hi Russian Doll

Having had a bad day today I'm not sure how valid my thoughts are?! or maybe they are more valid!?

But here goes.... losing 1/2 stone a month sounds fabulous! I wouldn't let that be what is stopping you. Personally I find sole sourcing pretty easy but if you don't and think the 1000 plan you could stick to better I'd say go for it. As while on that plan you are reducing your dependency to CD, which I think of as (artificial feeding/unreal) by that I mean it isn't real life and can't go on forever. If you can lose the additional weight on the 1000 plan you are close to a natural diet and less dependent on the security of CD and Ketosis. I am so thankful to CD having lost 4 stone and changing my life but want an end and long term success.

Have you done the 1000 plan before Debbie? How are you on AAM week or when adding food? How good are you at following plans that need planning and execution? (SS suits me as I'm rubbish at the planning and execution bit).

Be great to have another bod on board this challenge. It may be a good idea also to get you in a good place for Xmas.

Hope my rambling has helped not hindered!

Dizzy x

Darling Debbie....you know what I think! And I reckon you should give it a go...you can always go back to SSing. As you said whats another 2 months after 20 years!

Go girl.....and welocme to the 790/1000 cal challenge!

Kamilla x

Right! I'm going to start formulating my plans for 1000 then and talk to my CDC about it. Perhaps I should start with a week or two of 790 to get the ball rolling .....

When I was on RC a few years ago, I was very good at eating low GI, low fat etc so I'm not too concerned about 'what' I can eat etc. I'm pretty good at eating healthily if I put my mind to it .... half hearted SSing isn't really very helpful IMO.

I think I'd rather eat in a healthy, structured way rather than obssess about the fact I'm NOT eating and struggle with the urge to pick and nibble. I've been SSing for over 6 months and have lost over 6st (9st in total) so I'm in a MUCH better place than I was a year ago.

I have to confess it's a bit scary thinking about eating 'real' food and that's precisely what I DON'T want to feel - scared. So maybe I should give it a go in a controlled, structured way. As you said Kamilla - I can always return to SS if I feel things getting out of hand. That's the good thing about CD I suppose: it's very flexible! :)

OK - well, I'll be adding cottage cheese and celery to my shopping list tomorrow! ;)

Hi Debbie

I am so glad you are coming on board. Really excited and it has made me feel better. I 100% agree that half hearted SSing is not the way to go 100% 1000 plan would be tonnes better. Better weightloss, better psychologically and better for long term maintenance.

We will all benefit from having you on board this challenge and I promise not to let you all down either and be 100% good tomorrow (and I don't ever make promises I won't keep!)

Cottage cheese sounds good (I love to suck it slowly, mmmh!)

I'm perked up now to go to bed so cheers!

Dizzy x

Sleep well Dizzy!

Horrid thoughts of sucking cottage cheese! Sorry I just can't eat reminds me of.....nope can't say too vile!

Debbie....welcome on board and all the best with whatever you choose.

Everyone esle this is a grumble zone! feel free to moan as much as you need to! We just must all promise to tell the truth not what we think others want to hear! does that make sense! no pussy footing around.....you cheat you get slapped wrists! well cyber ones anyway! Your having a bad day say and we'll give you a hug! etc...

Kamilla x

Hi all,
On a bit of a downer today:( went for my weigh in after 10 days on 790 plan and I had only lost 1lb:confused: .Followed 790 to the letter except I did not have my whole milk allowance per day. Tested for ketosis and was only showing a trace:(
After I had read people do really well on 790 I was so hopeful that my weight loss would continue at a good rate. I know it's only been 10 days and maybe my body is adjusting but I can't help feeling a bit low. Not going back for a weigh-in for 2 weeks so going to see what the result is then...if it stays this low may go back to SS'ing.

Hope you are all doing well:)

Helen (jack29)

Hi jack
I know it's frustrating when you're not losing weight at the rate you'd like but try to take a step back and think about the mechanics of what you're doing ...

Your following 790 to the letter: that's less than 800 cals to supply a body that requires closer to 2000 to survive each day. There is a huge deficit and the fact you're showing trace ketones shows that your own fat supplies are having to make up the difference.

You only lost 1lb but you may have actually lost MORE but are retaining water which is giving an inaccurate picture. Think about people on conventional diets ... they lose weight on far more calories than you so it's IMPOSSIBLE for you not to lose weight using this method. You'll probably see a huge drop next time you get weighed :)

And remember- even on SS, most people get 'disappointing' weeks where they lose 1lb or even nothing at all despite having followed the plan to the letter. That's why we have to look at averages over a month and not weekly results. It'll all turn out just fine!

I've been out shopping today and have bought some chicken mini breasts to weigh / freeze and some cottage cheese and green salad.

I'm going to have my first meal tonight (although i haven't spoken to my CDC yet: I'll email her my decision when I put my order in later).

Thanks for welcoming me on board!! :)

I've been doing 1000 cals (more or less) for a few weeks now. I honestly find it a lot more difficult than SS, but the world of food has to be lived in one day, so I think this is the best way to lose the last stone or two or three, in preparation for the rest of our lives.
Will you be having a glass of wine in Birmingham then Debbie??
Ann x

Alcohol is the one thing I haven't had even a sip of since March Ann so I'm not sure: I might be sticking to water. Doesn't mean I can't 'party-party' though! :D

Hi all

I've been a very good girl and kept my promise. Been good all day. Stuck to my packs and cottage cheese this evening. Have even saved half a pack to have a warm night cap.

I have felt fine today no chance of a waiver but a little worse for wear from being out of control yesterday.

Hows everyone else done today? I'm really struggling with the cold. As I'm not in ketosis anymore it can't be that, I wondering though if it is still weightloss related as I have 4 stone less of fat wrapped around me (eyak that's gross!) I just feel chilled to the bones all the time and paticularly when watching sons footie etc. But today I was armed with flask of hot coffee and a hot water bottle under my coat!

Jack please don't get disheartened by your 1lb loss I know from experience that that is such a mistake. Your body will be holding more fluid and glycogen than last but you will still have lost several pounds of fat I am sure that will be proved at next weeks weigh in.

Here's to another good day tomorrow for us all.

Dizzy x

Does anyone remember a cartoon called 'Stop the pigeon'??

It had Dick Dastardley and his side-kick dog, Muttley who kept trying to stop the little messenger pigeon. Anyway, whenever muttley did something good, he got a medal and when he got a medal, he would make funny little noises and float on air .........

well, that was a very long-winded way of describing how I felt tonight when I ate my meal of cottage cheese, celery and green salad leaves (followed by a CD mousse) :D :D

You'd have thought I was eating caviar at the Ritz. And what's more, since then I've not wanted to nibble or pick. I've eaten PROPERLY and don't feel the need for an illicit 'chew' to make me feel less deprived.

Seriously, I was getting to the point that I thought, if I have ONE MORE SOUP I'll decorate the walls with it!!

I think tomorrow I'll make some chicken kebabs and have them with some steamed veggies. Yummo!!

Dizzy - well done for sticking with it. It's hard when you're cold and would rather have stew and dumplings instead of cottage cheese but it will be so worth the effort. Walk alongside me on this one!! :)

Jack - how's it going? Feel any better today?
Hold on in there .... we can all do this!

A big hug to all the other CD munchers :D

Blimey! Cop a load of those toned bods!!

Hi all,

Just a quick check in before hitting the sack! Got an early start as Remembrance Day Parade tomorrow. Uniform all pressed! Shoes polished! OMG I haven't got a poppy though! Well I did have until it fell off! Hopefully will manage to grab one on the way.

Diet....erm....not a fab day! Felt abit faint earlier had roast beef planned for kids & DH tonight but ate a few slices it was so yummy smelling I just couldn't resist. So 4 litres of water has been consumed and back on track in the morning.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Lets get this weight shifted.....surely we can't be helping the UK stay afloat!

Love to all

Not a bad dieting day for me. A PH porrige in the morning, peanut bar for lunch and cottage cheese / salad / celery for dinner followed by a CD mousse.

We had a big family bowling evening tonight ... there were thirteen of us on three lanes (the 'takeover family'!! :D ) My mum and dad came which was lovely considering my dad is now quite poorly with cancer. I thought he was coming along to watch but he had other ideas! He valliantly hobbled up to the lane and sort of 'threw' the ball as he can't bend. He whupped my sister's butt on the scoreboard though (much to her humiliation!!) I cherish times like this.

I succumbed to a chocolate Brazil from the pick and mix before we left: don't feel guilty .... it was a nice end to a lovely evening.

So glad that you had such a lovely day, Debbie - and the chocolate brazil won't have done you any harm at all. As you say, just a lovely end to the day :)

I'm pretty much 790'ing now (although I MUST get rid of the habit of having 4 packs a day :eek: ) and enjoyed a meal of grilled chicken fillet and green salad this evening.

Lots of love - and your dad sounds like a real star!! :D

Well after a dissapointing weigh-in on Thursday (1lb:( )the in-laws arrived on Friday....3 hours early so had not had chance to shower, put my face on or put on my "slim" clothes! However they did comment on how well I had done to lose weight although MIL followed the comment up with..."but loosing it that quick means you will put it all back on":mad:
Diet wise it's going pretty well, did have a few toilet problems this week, managed to finally go for number 2 today after 4 days of feeling very uncomfortable.
Went out for meal with in-laws and had a small steak and a side salad...and fizzy water with CD flavouring, so felt really proud of myself.....felt pretty full too!

Hope everyone is doing well....good luck all:)

Back