CD and giving blood

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Ruthlet, 4 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Diet:
    CD
    :confused:Hi guys,

I do like to give blood whenever possible and the next blood drive at work is next week.

Does anyone know whether or not we are allowed/advised to give blood while on SS. My suspicion is probably not but if anyone knows the official response I would be grateful to know.

Thanks in advance:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    no your not allowed to give blood while on a VLCD, not sure exactly why, i have read about it on CD home page and think its something to do with ketones :D

4. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Found it for you,

Is it all right to continue the ‘Sole Source’ programme if giving blood?
    The ‘Sole Source’ programme should not be followed for one week preceding blood donation and for one week after. In fact, a centre will refuse to take blood if they know the donor is on a very low calorie diet, because blood viscosity and volume are affected by the ‘Sole Source’ programme.

5. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Diet:
    CD
    Thanks Mandy,

I thought the answer was probably no for a whole variety of reasons - thank you for confirming that for me.

The blood bank will just have to weight another 6 months for my next donation!

6. arcticmonkeys

arcticmonkeys Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Crikey glad you started this thread, was thinking about giving blood soon.. we'll have to hold onto it a bit longer :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.