cd and healthy eating - will it work together? will i still lose?

missmf

getting slimmer
hi! :)

i'm having a wee bit of trouble sticking to cd at the mo. :(

lots of social things going on, family staying, festivals, camping, barbies (when we have the weather!!) etc

i was wondering if 2 cd's a day and a healthy dinner with he family eg, stir fry, chicken and veg, or salad, lean meat etc:confused:

i really do wanna lose more weight, and am pleased with how much has come off aready, as i'm now back into my size 12 jeans.

i really wanna lose another 2 stone, so thinking of 2 cdc and a healthy meal, or 3 cd's if no commitments, and starting properly again in sept.

do you think i'll still lose weight (as my calories will still be low)
or sts or put on??

thanks in advance guys!! x :) :) xx

ps, i know it sounds alittle like ss + but wanted a bit more choice and to eat with the family - what there having, but small, no processed and def NO CARBS!! (evil carbs!)

Hey hun, why dont you have a look at the other plans and choose one of them? I think that would be a great idea and at least you wudnt go mad or anything your just moving up the plans until sept when you go back on it. Have a chat to your cdc about it. Sorry im not much help hun xxxxx

Could you not jump up the plans to maybe CD 1000 so you can have a selection of food?

Not sure how much weight you could except to loose on this plan though as I unfortunately am not at that stage yet!!

could you do SS+ whereby you would have 3 shakes and a 200kcal meal. you can find exact details of what the meals are from the pink CD booklet your CDC should have given you but its basically a small amount of fish/chicken and 2 tablespoons of green veg - you should still lose approx a stone a month. If this is too restrictive try 810 plan. This will allow more variety but you will still lose weight. speak to your CDC about the other plans and you can then eat and still lose weight at the same time. Hope that helps

yeah, think i'm gonna talk to her.
fri is weigh in for me, couldnt make it last fri, nor this one coming, so gonna be 3 weeks since i seen her when i eventually do!
hope i havent put any on!!
think i'll give her a ring soon. x

thats a good idea, just explain to her hun tell her you are struggling and that. Im sure she will understand let us know how you get on :) xxxx

hi! :)

i'm having a wee bit of trouble sticking to cd at the mo. :(

lots of social things going on, family staying, festivals, camping, barbies (when we have the weather!!) etc

i was wondering if 2 cd's a day and a healthy dinner with he family eg, stir fry, chicken and veg, or salad, lean meat etc:confused:

i really do wanna lose more weight, and am pleased with how much has come off aready, as i'm now back into my size 12 jeans.

i really wanna lose another 2 stone, so thinking of 2 cdc and a healthy meal, or 3 cd's if no commitments, and starting properly again in sept.

do you think i'll still lose weight (as my calories will still be low)
or sts or put on??

thanks in advance guys!! x :) :) xx

ps, i know it sounds alittle like ss + but wanted a bit more choice and to eat with the family - what there having, but small, no processed and def NO CARBS!! (evil carbs!)

i know a cdc will probably come on here and tell me off....but heh ho.....ive been having 2 cd's usually a shake in morning a bar at lunch then a lc meal....i have weighed anything....i generally have chicken salad and have even had chicken and bacon with caeser dressing, have also had fish inc salmon with just veg....ive lost 5.6 lb this week. i do take an extra vit a day...but i look at it like this the shakes are apx 150 cals and so are the bars...my meal is probably 300 cals...im still only putting in apx 600 cals a day which is a considerable amount less that what i was shovelling in!!! i dont eat carbs, and havent once come out of ketosis....i spoke to my cdc about it today and she stated that yes technically i shouold be having the 3rd cd and less to eat but if im still loosing then what im doing is working!!! i would take a vit supplement thou...just to make sure.xxxxx

Hi there, missmf! Best thing would be to discuss the possibilities of either SS+ or 810 or even 1000 with your CDC. I wouldn't recommend the occasional day of SS, because you'll probably never get into ketosis, which provides the safety factor for so few calories. And that leads me to this one:

i know a cdc will probably come on here and tell me off....but heh ho.....ive been having 2 cd's usually a shake in morning a bar at lunch then a lc meal....i have weighed anything....i generally have chicken salad and have even had chicken and bacon with caeser dressing, have also had fish inc salmon with just veg....ive lost 5.6 lb this week. i do take an extra vit a day...but i look at it like this the shakes are apx 150 cals and so are the bars...my meal is probably 300 cals...im still only putting in apx 600 cals a day which is a considerable amount less that what i was shovelling in!!! i dont eat carbs, and havent once come out of ketosis....i spoke to my cdc about it today and she stated that yes technically i shouold be having the 3rd cd and less to eat but if im still loosing then what im doing is working!!! i would take a vit supplement thou...just to make sure.xxxxx

Hi Shell - no telling off, I promise! But you need the foundation of 3 CD a day. I read your similar post on another thread, but didn't have time to reply, and hope that missmf will forgive me for butting in, but this is useful info: you're making the common assumption that 500 Cal of food is the same as 500 Cal of CD. CD has all your nutrients which will stop your body from hoarding fat, because it's balanced, total nutrition which is short of only energy/Calories to get you through the day, which comes from your stored fat. And after a week or few of your 500 Cal version, you probably wouldn't feel too good. Adding extra vits and mins just doesn't fix that. And you probably are in ketosis, because on 500 Cal you should be - but then people who are starving or malnourished are also in ketosis and not hungry.

Don't forget that it took a Professor of Nutrition at Cambridge University many years of research to get to the perfection of CD - so why not just leave it to him?;):)

But the answer to your desires, I think, is either SS+ (3CD+meal), or 810ish. If you only want to take 2 CD a day, you must move up to 1000 Cals a day in order to get the right nutrition.

Hope this doesn't sound preachy - if you want me to explain more, I'll try.

thanks lesly, would i still loose thou on 1000 a day??? that means id have to eat more surely....
ill try to do the 3 cd a day..i just find it hard going trying to eat it all...will i still stay in ketosis on 810???

thanks lesly, would i still loose thou on 1000 a day??? that means id have to eat more surely....
ill try to do the 3 cd a day..i just find it hard going trying to eat it all...will i still stay in ketosis on 810???

Hi Shell - I think this is why you could do with a good chat with your CDC - after a good read of the sections in the Yellow Book on SS, SS+ (A and B), 810, and 1000.

The huge jump comes on 1000 - because that's where carbs are introduced.

So it depends on whether you want lots of carb-free, protein & veg on 810, or whether you actually want/need to eat carbs, which means you drop a CD portion and get your carbs on 1000.....

In my experience, lots of people stay in ketosis on 810 - or at least don't feel hungry, which is the important helper, but that totally depends on how tall you are, and your current weight. If you're 4'11", you probably won't be in ketosis on 810. And if you're over BMI 30, you might well be in ketosis on 810.

As with so many things in life - it's a case of suck it and see (er - well, you know what I mean!)

thanks....gonna do the mousse as a pud or choc treat after my dinner...im not gonna eat carbs. i was told ages ago to steer clear of wheat and doing this diet has made me feel so much more healthy...dunno if its not eating the wheat or not....

wow!!
what a lot to take in!!

so, what i really need to do is just ss 100%!!!!

would it be ok, if i did this, but every now and again, came off for a weekend/night and ate chicken and salad or veg, (the allowed from the list) and had a few vodkas? (i drink it with cd water flavouring and sparkling water - really nice!)

xxxxx

Alcohol and ketosis is a real no-no. Look at the sticky forum at the top of the page.

If your ticker is correct and your BMI is approaching 25 you'll be coming off SS soon anyway. I would recommend a permanent move to SS+/810 (my favourite programmes) where you can have enough treats every day to keep you on the straight and narrow.

I am not a CDC (yet) so you'll need to discuss it with yours, but you can still lose plenty of weight on 810, stay in ketosis and satisfy those munchies

i do like my voddy though!!
my ticker is right - can you not do ss at all when your bmi is below 25??
i have a had 2 "drinks" while ive been on it, and was ok, made sure i had something light to eat first, xx

People below BMI 25 are not supposed to do SS or SS+. But you can still do 810.

Re the vodka, I'm sure one or two won't cause any harm (I've had the occasional small glass of wine myself) but just wanted to point out the danger in case you were talking about lots or regularly. As for snorting it.....might try that next time.....

lol!!!!
ha, shell - you make me chuckle!!! x

Back