CD and ME

It's time for bed after another very long day. I'm still focussing on the party at the end of July. Have a pesky conference to go to a few days before and it's an overnight stay.. I sooooo have to sort myself out for that one. One more day before weigh in. I know I've not had all my products today, felt quite rough and queezy all day and my tum was all over the place. I guess the best thing to do anyway is to keep the fluids going in. Can't say I feel all that good now, so its a quick post and off to bed :nightf:

Time to post and time to get it together. I've been pretty poorly and once again my poor old bod has been hammered.. I have no idea how the heck I am going to continue and I've sat here for day's wondering what to do.. there are times like this I need somone to scoop me up and make it all ok.. :sigh: I don't want to say oh here goes day 1 again so I won't x I will just say tomorrow is another day x

{{{{hugs}}}}

So sorry you've had a cr*p week. It really is about time that 'someone' swept you up and made things all better... (oh, wherefore art thou, Romeo?) but in the meantime, you're right not to do the 'day one' thing. Cos it isn't day one, it's day ###. Maybe even day ####. :) Doesn't matter. Today's the day after yesterday, that's all.

I'm not going to do the whole, "Are you sure you should even be doing Cambridge?" thing, cos the one thing I do know is that swapping and changing from one diet to another never helps.

Don't know about you, but I almost wish I could just settle for being the weight I am now and stop stressing about it. You'll probably not be surprised to learn that my weight has crept back to 14st 1lb :sigh: (bl**dy Haagen Dazs :rolleyes:). I sometimes wonder whether the reason I just don't seem to shed pounds (unless I'm doing Cambridge and I'm not going there again) is because I'm too stressed by it all. Maybe if I could just chill out, buy lots of clothes to suit the body I have, rather than the body I'd like.

I dunno. Is being 40 something the thing that makes it practically impossible to shed pounds on a conventional diet? I can categorically state that I'm not overeating (well, all right, apart from the brief foray down to the bottom of a tub of Strawberry Haagen Dazs - and did I really deserve to put on 4 pounds because I ate that?). It feels like I've stayed at the same weight for months. Grrr.

Ah well. You can't fail if you don't stop trying, right? Here's sending loads of positive vibes :vibes: for a much better week x x x

My lovely Lilly what a great post thank you :eek:) to be honest you have all my thoughts and feelings you have just written it better than I can. I just don't know what the flipping do dah I am doing and I have no idea what day it is.. it feels like day million.You are right, here I am forty something trying to strive for blooming mission blooming impossible. Do you know I have been dieting off and on for twenty odd years.. there hasn't been one year that I managed to stay at a size 12. The scary thing is that I don't want to be 15 stone as it won't take much to become 16 stone and then !!!! god I can't think about that.I guess my mood is as gloomy as the weather outside. I don't even know if it's about doing Cambridge, it all just seems a muddle and I am bored of myself so I won't bore you anymore!!! as for that naughty ice cream, several years ago I went to a HD shop in Switzerland !! I remember going in and thinking good grief I only want an icecream... and there before me were more than several flavours!!! so two scoops later and I was £10 lighter in the pocket !!!! I couldn't do the conversion !! lol so darn that icecream because it then became abit of a love hate relationship. Thanks again for posting and I hope you are ok x

The last few weeks continued on to be rubbishy rubbish and I have been so low I have just drifted through feeling like a sack of spuds. I didn't loose the plot for the whole time I just had a couple of weeks just taking my foot off the gas and eating fresh fruit and some different foods. My body was needing a break so I took one.

I had one bad day on a food binge and went back to some bad bad habits of eating biscuits and sweets :break_diet: it was one of those times where you just blindly sit and eat and you don't even taste what your eating.

When life goes nuts it seems that I do too and I loose control food wise. Through this difficult time I realised how much of a big deal I find food and it becomes the enemy and to a degree CD also became the enemy. I was bored of it and needing something different.

An example of my utter madness regarding food is that when I was asked to go to a conference that is on this week I went into free fall and started panicking about the food that will be there. I've been before and it is a food fest and at each every turn there are plates of biscuits and pastries, my real downfall and there will be several lunches and dinners. I tried and tried to get out of it but I couldn't so it made me miserable for the rest of the week. How ridiculous is that?

I am determind not to go loopy, the days are long and tiring and above all I have a very special event on Saturday and I have bought a very pretty tea dress and glittery shoes. I just hope my resolve stands up.

I did abit of a test today. I went out for lunch with my family something that I try to avoid, but my brother had come down for a mini break so I wanted to see him. Straight away my mind went into over drive and I was scanning the menu. I really wanted a glass of wine, I don't drink very often but it felt like an occassion. So rather than the usual oh I'd better not and all the stuff that comes with that. I had a small glass of wine and a griddled chicken salad. (I do 810)

After the meal everyone had another drink and I had water. I felt more relaxed and another drink did not bother me. Infact I was ready for my water. So all in all a good day and I didn't have a pudding either :D I just slowly ate my salad and I was the last to finish which is very rare for me as I do eat very fast.

So the conference journey starts at 7.00am on Tuesday and it's a four hour journey. I just need to take my packs and drink my water. I also find all the questions hard to manage from other people especially the negative ones. I was looking at a magazine in work last week and I was amazed at the weight Pauline Quirk has lost on lighterlife. She looked amazing on her photo shoot and I was really happy for her. In fact it's made quite an impression on me, only for someone else to say "oh she will be fat again next year". So I then keep quite as I havn't been a great example to the success of CD as I've struggled and I suppose they think it doesn't work.. we know it does I just need to stick to it.

Well that's all the updates in my weird world and let's hope I can find the resolve not to put bad things in my gob!! :eek:

It has been a month since I last posted. Finally I have been re-united with laptop and I have really missed having my trusted friend! as sad as that sounds when you live alone its a way of staying in touch and posting in mini's. :)

So whats been happening in my world. Well my friend's party was great and yes I did look rather too large for my liking in the pictures. As for what I am doing well not great and to be honest it's the head stuff that is doing my head in so to speak so I am going to try and tackle that as I can't keep yo yo dieting for the next ten years. My whole life has just been one flipping long diet. Sometimes loosing sometimes gaining and never maintaining for long. I have a really bad relationshop to food. I either eat and eat or do really well to then follow with a binge or at least some kind of food reward because I have been good for five minutes.

My new way of tackling the emotional stuff may not be for everyone but I am willing to give it a go. I have booked some hypnotherapy and it starts in September. The lady I spoke to for my free consultation really understood what I was saying. She didn't sell it as a mircle cure or all my problems would be solved in a day, but she did get what pain and upset this weight has become to me. I had hynotherapy once before, in my twenties I had a very serious car accident as a result I lost my home and my job as I couldn't work for five years due to the injuries. Bit by bit I put myself together again and eventually found myself at a job interview. I got the job and I had to drive again. I was horrified at the thought but it was either over come it or not take the job. At the time I had a friend who worked as a nurse and had finished her hypnotherapy training. She offerred to help me and after five sessions I found myself back behind the wheel and after seven sessions I was back driving with more confidence and found myself on the motorway :eek: I'm not saying it was easy, but when the car first arrived at the house before the treatment I looked out of the window, saw it and closed the curtains so I couldn't see it.

So there we are that's me and that's where I am right now. So to start on my way I am going back to 810 tomorrow and then from there I will just see how it goes. But the head stuff needs sorting and that's what I'm going to do. ;)

I have given up saying oh this is day ????? as there has been too meny this is day ???? so I shall just say sunday has been fine and I have had my 810 meal and my three shakes :D I do often wonder if I went to an island and just had 810 meals and my shakes I would be at goal. No distractions, no shops and no stressing out at work! well I am sure we could all say that, but how does a cd bootcamp style sound. My bootcamp wouldn't be an all out assault course, but a nice tranquil relaxing place with a few spa treatments. I think it would work as we could all do the first three or four days without the hassle's of normal life.

So tomorrow is just Monday (not day 2) lol. Back to work and with all that brings, but at least there is a long weekend at the end of it :D

Dear Diary here I am after another few rubbish food days :sigh: I feel I am abit in limbo as I am waiting for my appt but finally I can say it's now this week, so I am hoping that I can start to get my emotional head stuff sorted out. This week work wise will be a short week as I have today and Friday off and then I will be on my Summer holidays from work. One whole lovely week off which hopefully will be the start of making a few changes.

I am sure I will need to post more when I start on my different journey. :)

Oh am I glad to see the back of today. Oh my goodness, what is it about bank holiday and people going bonkers. I wonder if it's worth having a day off to go back and have so much to deal with because people can't behave.. it must of been hectic as I forgot to be hungry, in fact I didn't have time to do anything about it, which is the worse thing to do on a vlcd. I might try and check in with myself every hour tomorrow and make sure the water and the shakes have been drunk. Here's to tomorrow. :)

Back