CD day 10 - horrendous heartburn

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by orange-sox, 8 April 2009 Social URL.

1. orange-sox

orange-sox Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.3lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What it says in the title really, I'm on day 10 of SS and I am almost dying of heartburn... I am seriously considering going to the supermarket and buying enough stuff for a white and green SS+ meal, just to see if it goes.

I'm not hungry or thirsty etc, just in so much pain! :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Diet:
    Slimming world.
    Sounds bad! could you ring your cdc & see if she can suggest something.Hope it goes soon.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Ouch...poor you!

You can take Rennies or Gaviscon, so might be worth picking some up when you're at the shops.

Also get some peppermint tea whilst you're there.

Hope it goes off shortly :hug99:

5. **sparkles**

**sparkles** Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(41.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ohhh not nice. Hope you manage to take something that gets rid of it soon. I used to suffer terribly with heartburn before I went on this diet,but I haven't had a problem since.

6. Jessica Rabbit72

Jessica Rabbit72 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    ss / ss+
    Hi sorry you are suffering. i have it too and find it is worse after I have the water flavouring but I couldnt drink it without it in I HATE plain water. BUT I find Im okay if I have a gaviscon double action tablet and it also gets rid of the rancid taste in my mouth from fat burning. I max have 3 a day tho and have found it hasnt knocked me out of fat burning luckily but be careful incase it does you cos everyone is different
    LOL

7. catssseyes

catssseyes Team 1 all the way!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi, when I got this, my CDC contacted the Cambridge doctor people and they said I could take Gavilast. This stuff is brilliant and you just have to take 1 a day and it lasts all day.
    Hope that helps!
    Helen xx

8. crazylilblondie

crazylilblondie Pizza addict

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ouch hope you feel better soon! It's not good when you have aches and pains on this diet is it?

9. Pammiedoll

Pammiedoll Full Member

Hi

I have been suffering for the last couple of days and don`t know why as I have been doing this for 20 weeks now and never had it before, does anyone know if it has anything to do with being in deep ketosis as when I tested this morning it was quite a deep colour and I have been drinking at least 3 ltrs water a day since the start so don`t think I`m dehydrated, my weight hasn`t shifted this week at all and it`s extremely fustrating as well the indigestion being uncomfortable.

10. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

I find Zantac brilliant. Tiny tablet, no sugar, one tab should work all day. Beware of Rennies etc, most of them have sugar, it's best to ask the pharmacist for the diabetic sugar-free versions.

But Zantac is good and is available without prescription. Read the label to check it's ok for you. Definitely won't affect diet or ketosis - my doc recommended it when I did LL as I have huge heartburn probs. It doesn't work quite as fast as Rennies but it lasts longer and has no sugar.

11. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    This happened to me yesterday and today, I couldn't understand why when I am only having shakes, but glad to hear it is a common problem and you can take something for it, I am on day 13 so seems around the same time... hope you get yours sorted soon.

12. Chelsea Lou

Chelsea Lou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(11.66%)
    Diet:
    Eat Less, move more
    I'm on week 8 and I've been suffering a lot recently. I thought it was a reaction to the water flavouring so interesting to read that someone else is having the same problem with it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.