CD Doesn't work

Setas

Silver Member
Sorry for the rant...

if you do what I am doing and get through to the afternoon and then go mad.

Why do I do it - I am so cross with myself. :mad:

I lost 8 stone last year and 6 is now back on. I did it 100% for 5 months without a blip and now I can't even get through a day. Arrgh

I set off each day with such good intentions and lose the plot by mid afternoon, or sometimes by lunch time. I have wasted so much money in the last 3 months by "playing" at it. I've tried upping the plans, SS and nothing can get my head back on track.

Trying again today - I keep thinking if I can get through the first week I'll be back in the zone.

Off to find some of my photos from art year and see if sticking them round the kitchen will work.:cry:

hey - well you know how i am feeling there must be a rationlisation here somewhere for us - one day at a time babe cambridge bars are the devil for me - as soon as one touches my lips i want to eat and eat, if i have an atkins one - it never has the same effect - god knows why and im sure this has nothing to do with ketosis - probbaly more psychologial

and i second what you are sayign about upping plans as well, im probaly not being much help, but just wanted to let you know you are not alone feeling like this xxx

Thanks last biscuit - the bars have been my downfall as well - I managed 3 weeks back on plan in November/December (and lost a whopping 2 stone) and then reintroduced bars and within 2 days was straight back to food...hmmm maybe there a lesson for me this time - Skip the bars!

I also don't struggle with feeling bad for the first few days - feel fine - its purely a head in the zone thing. Lets hope coming back on here will keep me going this time ;-)

i do actually think the bars are a problem for me.

i think in away i am abusing them as i see them as "food" and not as "plan"

i feel that i assocoiate them with being an allowed treat therefore i am sabotaging my own efforts, until i can rationalise this - in actual fact that is probably why i do better if i have a atkins bar because i dont have that mental link/association.

V xx

hey - well you know how i am feeling there must be a rationlisation here somewhere for us - one day at a time babe cambridge bars are the devil for me - as soon as one touches my lips i want to eat and eat, if i have an atkins one - it never has the same effect - god knows why and im sure this has nothing to do with ketosis - probbaly more psychologial

and i second what you are sayign about upping plans as well, im probaly not being much help, but just wanted to let you know you are not alone feeling like this xxx

Atkins bars contain way less carbs than Cambridge ones. About 2-3g carbs each as opposed to around 20-25g for most VLCD meal bars. This is probably why they don't trigger hunger and cravings.

The Cambridge bars are, however, designed to provide one-third of daily nutritional requirements when taken with other Cambridge products. I can't see the occasional substitute Atkins bar causing a problem.

Hi
I could have written your post. Did it last year, stuck to it 100%, it was easy!
Now I have been trying to start again for the last two months :(
I am having a break from it as I was feeling down because I couldn't stick to it, I was feeling I was disappointing my hubby as by lunch time I used to eat :(
I hope that in a couple of weeks I will be ready to start again and really stick to it.

First time is easiest, after that it gets harder each time. I just keep trying.
One day it will click again, soon I hope !

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I sympathise I lost 6st 1lb last year. I got to a comfortable weight thought I would switch to SW to do the rest. Oh oh once I introduced food I didn't just fall off the diet wagon I leapt off. I landed back in junk food heaven where Domino pizza was my best friend. Old eating habits crept in and I had a ball at christmas. I felt so deprived on CD in the beginning of the year I treated myself. And what did I treat it to 3st 6lb back on arghh why didn't I just press the self destruct button. Back on now 1st 4lb down in two weeks. I gotta do this for my health, confidence and sanity. Good luck on restart :D

Thank you all - In a sad way I'm glad i'm not alone, but sad that we are all in the same trap. Day 3 today and I'm OK so far - sneaky weigh in this morning showed albs off so smiling this morning.

Good luck to you all - lets keep going this time ;-)

Aww good luck to you Setas...I have days like that and so know what you are going through. I agree also the bars do me no favours....somedays I can cut one up into pieces and just snack on it when I feel like it and other days I just devour it with a cup of coffee....dunno what's going on there but I have been keeping away from the bars until I get more in control. Tons of good luck and hugs xxx Saska

i dont have problem with the bars i find them realy filling, i cut it down the middle then into wee squares and have it with my tea, let it melt in my mouth loveit, i cant have them just now i am starting back on ss tomorow fell of the wagon last year but going to stick it this time, x

[FONT=&quot]Bars are the kiss of death to me! It was going so well for five week then started on the bars last Friday and have now fallen off the waggon spectacularly. I'm sooooooo cross at myself I know I stacked wight back on in the last 5 days sooooooooooo peed off. I seem to have lost all focus![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]:(
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I should of known better this has happened before :((
[/FONT]

its such a shame cos I love the bars. Last time i would cut them up into 16 tiny pieces then mix them all up and stick 16 mixed bits in a pot and nibble them through the evening - it was like eating a bag of revels! Now I'm keeping my distance ;-(

I only have bars when I am going onto higher steps. That way, i know I can have something to eat if I am feeling hungry. I usually do it so I take half a bar to work with me to have at about 4 with a cup of tea, then I have my dinner (810, 1000 etc..) and I have the other half of the bar later in the evening with another cuppa.

When I had them when I was doing SS, the chewing made me crave food again.

I couldn't hack it if I didn't have bars. It's my breakfast in the car & the chewing keeps me sane as otherwise it'd just be 4 choc tetras per day. I don't like any of the bars enough to be happy about eating them though so only have choc mint.

my favourite bar is the malted one (think it's malted toffee) and tbh i could eat a couple of them :eek:

you CAN do this!!
Its all about having the right mind set & it being the right time in your life to take this challenge. I personally get motivation from watching episodes of Supersize vs Superskinny (theres lots of episodes on the channel 4 website) - Maybe this will help you!!

Back