CD initially great but!!!

The other thing is that I do think that the 2000 and 2500 guidlines are not 100% right and should only be used as a guide. If I (as a 6foot man) eat 2500 calories a day I gain where my brother who is the same height would probably lose. Difference being I work sat on my rear while he's out on his feet all day. :)

Personally, I think those guidelines are pathetic. It's ridiculous that there is talk about raising them by 400 calories. It needs a much better structure rather than just being done by gender and age. They need to take height, build and lifestyle in to consideration.

I have some very expensive scales that measure BMR and it tells me that at my current weight I need to consume 1962 calories in the next 24 hours to maintain that weight. It will be interesting to see how that figure will change as I lose weight.

The BMI charts are just as bad as well.

I have taken control of my life with cambridge i ate for fun happy sad whatever i was greedy and out of control. Cambridge has made me realise that chicken and salad tastes far better than a bar of chocolate and a packet of crisps and the thought of eating 6 or 7 packets of crisps as i used to makes my stomach (now incredibly smaller) churn. I have reevaluated the reasons i had such terrible issue's with food. I am a better person my skin and hair are better and i have a confidence i never had before.

Is that something you worked really hard at to achieve, or did it just click one day?

I stone per month is for woman. A guy that has a BMI of over 40 will probably lose 6 pounds per week. I lost 100 pounds in 93 days, my brother lost 12 stone in 6 months. 6 Stone 3 in 3 months is not unusual

Thanks for sorting out the factual information from the emotion.

Belle

Personally, I think those guidelines are pathetic. It's ridiculous that there is talk about raising them by 400 calories. It needs a much better structure rather than just being done by gender and age. They need to take height, build and lifestyle in to consideration.

I have some very expensive scales that measure BMR and it tells me that at my current weight I need to consume 1962 calories in the next 24 hours to maintain that weight. It will be interesting to see how that figure will change as I lose weight.

The BMI charts are just as bad as well.

LIFE STYLE...!!!! the elephant in the room .The last time I did CD there was little mention of - The Gym--sssssshh or any form of exercise but mild walking-if at all that! It seems to me as if it is assumed that all overweight folk are sedatory by nature .

quiz_elephant.gif

LIFE STYLE...!!!! the elephant in the room .The last time I did CD there was little mention of - The Gym--

Possibly because too much cardio can have a detremental effect on weight loss/lean mass loss/metabolism whilst on the lower plans.

Resistance is always good, but cardio at the gym needs to be kept limited with individual guidance from a PT who has suffient knowledge of structured VLCDs

really good thread. i did cd n 2008 then stopped cos i fell pg. i am back now and into my 2nd week. i have thoughts like: will i lose my hair? will i gain it all back when i come off cd? is it dangerous? it is too extreme? all the time. so its nice to read about other people who hve the same concerns (or reality, as in this posters case).

however, for me, i have thought long and hard about cd. for me, i want to do cd to lose the intitial 2 stones i need to fall into my comfortable weight bracket again. then i intend to move up the plans and go to ww to balance out my eating, and i want to move up the plans. cd is not a solution, its a short term boost for me to get on to healthy eating and exercise, and we have to admit that nothing is better mtivating that good weight losses and control and the only diet that provides this is CD. for me, i need to get my cnfidence back, and spend time addressing issues about why i am overweight, and then to move on to healthy eating. i pray that the weight never creeps up again, but if i go on hols and it does creep up then i will deffo be back on ss for a few weeks to lose the holiday bulge.

great to hear everyones views on this and hope the poster returns for more thoughts.

Possibly because too much cardio can have a detremental effect on weight loss/lean mass loss/metabolism whilst on the lower plans.

Resistance is always good, but cardio at the gym needs to be kept limited with individual guidance from a PT who has suffient knowledge of structured VLCDs

to be honest KD we never go to 'too much' we simply did not mention 'any' :eek:. Nor was any distinction made between cardio and resistance. I know the gym and working out in any form is a no no for many.

But over all lifestyle and activity levels seem to me to be an important consideration overall when looking at calorie intake.

All the same I would only expect CD overall and any CDC to do so much, especially if the CDC her or himself has never been athletically inclined .

In any case the better gyms now all have personal trainers ,many who have a wealth of knowledge on what nutrition goes best with a work out regime.

I like walking a lot, even if I start out huffing and puffing and need oxygen and a snooze afterward...:snoopyhouse:

Belle

Back