CD 'maintenance' folk...please read

Yep definately need seperate forums for going up the plans and for when we have finished the plans and are eating "normally", but.... what about the people who have lost their weight and want to maintain but are still using Cambridge Diet products, which section would they fall under? I guess it would still be maintenance as they would have finished the plans.
How about something like "Step by Step -1200-1500 Cal Plans

I feel like im in no mans land now - so confused!!!. I have done the steps and am now healthy eating at 1500cals but doing own healthy eating plan (some of the foods from book but not all)xxx

Yep definately need seperate forums for going up the plans and for when we have finished the plans and are eating "normally", but.... what about the people who have lost their weight and want to maintain but are still using Cambridge Diet products,

If they want to maintain using diet products that's up to them. But they would have finished the plans, so not doing the plans. I guess I maintenance forum

How about something like "Step by Step -1200-1500 Cal Plans

That's good 1000 to 1500 though as the 1000 is a big step for many, whereas 810 is a little more ketogenic.

I feel like im in no mans land now - so confused!!!. I have done the steps and am now healthy eating at 1500cals but doing own healthy eating plan (some of the foods from book but not all)xxx

It's up to you. No hard and fast rules. Just seems to me that the vast majority of people on this forum aren't on the maintenance part and still need support doing the steps :)

Some people do 1200 because they aren't allowed to go lower. Others like to lose more weight on a higher step. They need a place to go too :)

I'll put it to Pierce tonight to change the name as I really do feel more people are doing the steps or at least one of them, rather than trying to maintain their weight after Cambridge is finished (Even if they do feel they need to use the diet on occassion)

what about people doing 810? going to have to wait until i start my working up the steps diary until it's all confirmed, as i get confused easily!

so what will this forum be? only for people on 1200 - 1500?

so what will this forum be? only for people on 1200 - 1500?

Whatever suits :) We could make it 810 to 1500 if you like. After all, at 810 it's not officially a VLCD.

But..please lets no complicate matters folks. Had enough on the 100% forum for suggesting that 100% had something to do with 100% :D :D

We need a forum for people doing the steps The majority of people on anything under 1500 aren't in the maintenance stage yet (finished diet, glycogen and metabolism restored etc)

It's sad when people doing 810 only have a maintenance forum to go to. Seen people frequently ask if it's the right forum for them, that perhaps they shouldn't be there etc. It's not clear.

For people on 1000-1500, people on 810 will find it very similar to SS+ as the food is the same apart form a little bit more. Once you hit 1000 you are adding lots of different kinds of food into it and are out of ketosis so the hunger hits too... that is when people need support elsewhere other than the Normal forum, and it is hard to mention food in the other forum as many people can only have the white and green meal.

For people on 1000-1500, people on 810 will find it very similar to SS+ as the food is the same apart form a little bit more. Once you hit 1000 you are adding lots of different kinds of food into it and are out of ketosis so the hunger hits too... that is when people need support elsewhere other than the Normal forum, and it is hard to mention food in the other forum as many people can only have the white and green meal.

I tend to agree.

Remember though, this is just for the wording so people know where they will get the best support. No hard and fast rules :)

I agree 1000-1500 because that's when the choice gets wider. I felt very accepted on the main forum on 810 for all those weeks. The difference for me on 810 and 1000 is huge but we're all so different :)

KD I can't believe you brought up the 100% thing lol hahahahahahaha! So cheeky :) :) It's different here as there's only a few of us and it looks like some of us were little lost souls (que the violins) so it's great we've all come together wherever we end up to get the right support.

xxx

right, so if i want to start a diary thingy and i'm on ss+ for a couple of weeks then 810 for a couple of weeks, i should wait until i am at 1000? or start one in the other forum? bleedin hell, its confusing.

Hi hun, just wait till KD is back later and things are more clear :) It does feel a bit limbo landy at the moment. If you're bursting to start your diary, type it out and save it, then post it when you know where it's going. You're doing fab by the way xxx

right, so if i want to start a diary thingy and i'm on ss+ for a couple of weeks then 810 for a couple of weeks, i should wait until i am at 1000? or start one in the other forum? bleedin hell, its confusing.

SS+ will definitely stay in the main forum. Why don't you start a diary in the main forum and I will happily move it when you move up. Will be no trouble...just pm me when you want it moved :)

That goes for everyone. Just carry on as you are, I can always move threads to the best forum for you if needed :)

ok cool! thanks KD, it does make more sense to have the 1000 - 1500 in the one forum.

I don't want to move to the main forum because my issues are more to day with you lot than SSers. I have no issue staying abstinent. What I need to learn more about is how to move forward. And apart from all that, I'm just getting to you know :)

Of course, if you need a hard and fast rule, then please move me but otherwise I'd like to stay put :)

No hard and fast rule LC. People can do what they choose. But if we rename the forum it will be 1,000 upwards.

the other VLCD forums have a separate forum for their Route to Management/Refeed part of the diet. So we should have one ;)

BTW, I'm not sure of the need of a Maintenance forum (well...apart from the general one). I still think it's a darn shame that maintainers don't meet there from all diets to pool experience, rather than have people doing the same thing in different sections...but that's the way people want it

I think that if we did a maintenance section in this forum, perhaps it wouldn't be used much as I know most of you have got to know each other and would prefer to stay together.....Awwwww :D

Fair enough though.

We must have one for the plans. It's so needed.

I think it'd be nice if we all stay together as from my searching through the archiving, mainteners don't post anywhere near as frequently so the Steppers can keep them company unless the Maintainers want a separate section ;). :)

I see your point about maintenance all being together. I think there's so many sections and people do get stuck in one section and may not even realise there's a maintenance section. On the other hand, I see why people want to stay in the section of their diet because that's where everyone they know is.

Blinkin heck I go to work for a few hours and this thread has gone into orbit!!! Which is a good thing as it is getting sorted thanks to KD.

Im glad its getting sorted though so from my understanding then if a person is doing

1) SS, SS+ and 810 they can post on the main forum and 100% forum

2) CD plans 1000 - 1500 on this currently named 'maintenance forum'

3) If they are at goal and now maintaining then they go on a general maintenance forum

4) If they use products on an as and when basis then where can they post ?

Love
Jess
xxx

Back