CD 'maintenance' folk...please read

KD

Gone fishing
I've been looking over some of the threads on here and felt I needed to say something.

As some of you know, I do have a small problem with the name of this forum, because IMO, when you are going up the steps you aren't 'in maintenance'. You are still doing Cambridge. Maintenance happens approx 2 weeks after the 1500 plan.

Now..that brings me to my next point. If you are thinking that you are in maintenance, then the brain is in a totally different place. Free to chose your own foods, much more dealing with head stuff etc.

Going up the steps is CD. It's part of the diet and you have to follow the plans as written out. Okay, we all know that life gets in the way at times, and 'blips' happen, but you pick yourself up and you get back to the book.

The plans are there for a reason. You aren't supposed to be following your own calorie controlled way of eating.

Remember that when coming off the CD plans that are 810 and under, you haven't gone through the process of making your own healthy eating plan. You are in ketosis, and it's relatively easy. Most people aren't ready to jump onto working it out themselves. I know I wasn't. You may think you are, because you may define yourself as a maintainer, or because you feel that it should be easier than SS/SS+ (hey get more food;). But people rarely are.

The steps are the next road...it's the helping hand to lead you to that place.

It's vital that you try your utmost to stick to the plans. Your time will come to pick your own healthy choices. Until then, most people really need to low gi, gradually include carbs, gradually increase calories and need the guidence of a set out plan.

It's just not the same as going from WW or SW to maintenance. The steps are the link that will take you there. Trying to tweak to suit brings up all sorts of problems.

You are still on Cambridge. It's as important as the SS plan and you have to be even more focused during it. No tweaking unless absolutely necessary...just like SS.

This message is already too long, so I'll leave out the lovey, dovey stuff ;)

Yep. Need something like that I think.

What do others reckon? Any ideas?

Thanks for that KD. I know I'm not in maintenance yet but the 1000 step up and being closer to goal is so very different for me than getting to this point. Plus I've had wobblies this last week which is awful, Feeling more in the zone today tho.

If there has to be another section for us then obviously we need to move. I was looking at 1200 and 1500 as part of maintenance because that's when I'll will start maintaining my weight i hope :) and have always seen those steps as part of that. It's because my cdc told me I won't lose much at all on those steps. I'd planned with my cdc to move up quicker than I have but now am staying on 1000 till goal.

Ok, what do we do then? x

A *moving up* section would be great as you tend to feel as if you don't quite fit on the general forum when you are stepping up through the plans.

Annie x

Interesting post KD, I totally understand where you are going with it and I am desperately trying to stick to the plan 100%, problem is no car and I live in the middle of the countryside, but luckily hubby has taken day off work so can use his car to go buy some "on plan" food today... My BMR is also only 1363, so once I get to 1500 I am quite sure I wont be losing anymore weight as I will be having more calories than my body needs so will hopefully be maintaining at around that calorie count.... any advice about his greatly appreciated...

So a moving up plan would be great. I can't wait till this gets sorted KD because I really was looking forward to starting the Daily Dose Thread which is a huge motivator for me. xxx

Thanks for that KD. I know I'm not in maintenance yet but the 1000 step up and being closer to goal is so very different for me than getting to this point.

And it is. No doubt about it.

If there has to be another section for us then obviously we need to move. I was looking at 1200 and 1500 as part of maintenance because that's when I'll will start maintaining my weight i hope :) and have always seen those steps as part of that.
Which again it is....but it's still Cambridge. It's still the diet....even though you are maintaining your weight.

Think about the diet as being rather like the more traditional ones but with a change of order. Most diets...eat x and x get to goal, away you go.

This diet is more 'get to goal and then eat x and x...then away you go' :D

Either way, we do all need to try not to miss out on the discipline of following a diet with rules and which includes food even if your weight is stable

Ive only got two mins before I have to go to work, but KD I really think we need a separate forum for going up the steps please as you are so right there are a few of us who are not at goal and maintaining and I think it sort of happened as I know I felt I was a bit stranded because I didnt want to post on the main forum mentioning food as it was mainly SSers and I thought if I came onto maintenance it would be easier to mention food etc.

I know I am also 'guilty' of tweaking it of having 1500cals and not necessarily sticking to the plan and Im glad you brought that up asI needed someone to give me the kick up the bum really to follow the plan as you say the plans are there for a reason and I know I should be either on or plan and following it as it should be or off and doing something else.

So please can we have a forum for moving up or using the steps please ? and I am going to follow the steps properly.

Love
Jess
xxx

Aww ok.... so are we moving our diaries somewhere else now?
If there is a problem I will just go back to the normal Cambridge forum..

No need for that. This forum is important. It's just very confusing :D

Firstly, if there was such a thing as CD Maintenance, then it would be for those at goal, but still needing to do the plans...surely?

But! We do need a forum for people going up the steps.

So please can we have a forum for moving up or using the steps please ?
xxx

Absolutely and it can be here. I just feel the title can make going up the steps harder. Different mindset and all that.

What about something like

CD 1000 to 1500

and another for

Beyond Cambridge or After Cambridge (crap titles really but it's early :D) Sure we can think of something better.

Well, CD 1000-1500 is short and to the point :)

Yes..but maybe some other ideas.

Think about it. I see many posts on here from people not sure if they are 'eligable' for this forum, but obviously need support with the various plans.

Then I see others that are saying they've lost weight, and I'm thinking 'whoops' that's not the idea for maintenance. Not sure whether to clap for them or tell them to introduce more foods :D

Thankfully, there is no CD Maintenance. That's the beauty of Cambridge. You come off diets and learn to eat healthily and sensibly.

I've emailed Mike. I hope he can explain better! But, he may not be around.

You're making perfect sense and actually it will be motivating for me to have a thread for the higher plans, to know I still have a good way to go yet. You know you get to a certain weight and it becomes dangerous as we become at ease with oursleves, the slipery slope and all that. As you've said before getting to goal is just the start!

Can't think of names yet. xxx

but KD I really think we need a separate forum for going up the steps please as you are so right there are a few of us who are not at goal and maintaining and I think it sort of happened as I know I felt I was a bit stranded because I didnt want to post on the main forum

Yep, you definitely need support for going up the plans, and others need support for 'after cambridge' It's a different type of support though. Completely different.

This thread wasn't really to give a butt kicking, just a reminder that the job isn't done and people need to refocus.

I was going to post on people's threads, but couldn't for the life of me work out who was actually doing the steps to lose weight, doing the steps to maintain, or who had finished the diet completely.

The replies would be so very, very different!

Oh, and along with people who are working up the plans, and wondering why they haven't yet got a good relationship with food.

Right...I'm out of here. Give it some thought though. Might sound a minor irritation at the mo, but this part of the diet is extremely important. I want people doing the steps to be able to come here without thinking they are intruders. I want them to get the right support, and for others to know how to support them

I also think that people need a place to go when they have finished CD, and I know most don't like to use the general maintenance forum..so we could have one here. A good place to work on how to get the head around making good choices now they are free to do so.

BFN folks. Will be back later.

Back