CD Newbie diary

Hi im feeling better today, I went for a 3 mile walk with the missus, my son and the dog this morning which was nice. I havent been tempted today i think its just the smell of the food that drives me crackers, I made my son a toasted teacake today and that smelt amazing. Ive had my 2 shakes so far and loads of water, getting my 1st official weigh in tomorrow which will be day 13, I have been on my home scales but not for the last few days so I have a rough idea what ive lost :p

Thats about it for now although while watching the newcastle vs tottenham match today I did think a pint would be nice, but just kept drinking the water. I did think id really struggle to stop drinking not because im an alcholic but I liked a nice cold beer while relaxing after work most nights, and definatly a can or six while watching my beloved toon army but ive not missed it as much as maccy ds or tgi fridays ............. time for more water lol

Hi Greeva,

Without the maltose (the sugar in beer), I'll bet your tummy is alot flater. The maltose goes straight to gut... beer really is the source of a "beer belly". So, when you crave a beer... pat your belly and think of how nice it is to have a flatter one.

I hope whichever team you support won... and that your weigh in is fab.

How is the wife doing with the WW?

MM

Had my week 2 weigh in today and lost 8lbs this week that's a total of 18lbs in 2weeks very happy with that roll on next week. Although my CDC advised my weight loss in the first 2 weeks will probably take 4 weeks to replicate as my weight loss slows down, I've also lost 4" off my belly!

Just tried toffee and walnut shake for the first time only bought one, it wasn't my fave but wasn't bad, I've also got a fruits of the Forrest to try might have that later. I checked my scales £25 off eBay against his £150 scales are they were the same so that's good as my CDC only comes every 2 weeks so I weigh myself in 7 days after his weigh in to keep track of how I'm doing on a weekly basis.

Congrats on such a fantastic loss. And, your CDC sounds very good. Also, great deal on scales. How is your wife doing on WW?

My DH is losing about 3 lbs a week on South Beach and I lost about 2 on CD Sole Source. However, he said that he does not want to discuss his dieting with me -- as he'd rather not think about it. Just do it. And, he thinks I spend too much thinking about dieting, etc.

He is probably right --

MM

Last edited:
She's doing ok on ww I think it just suits her better she lost 3 stone on it last yr and enjoyed doing it which is the most important thing, perhaps she needs the food to kick start her metabolism as she's lost 2lbs since stopping cd and restarting ww.

Thanks Greeva,

I plan on moving into (onto) Weight Watchers and using that as my maintaining programme. It is a healthy diet -- and I'll need to train myself on portion control and food choices.

MM

MM

Day 16 today had a big meeting after work today with a drinks and catering included I knew it was coming and wasn't looking forward to it. The worst part of it my seat was right next to the dominoes pizzas! There was also sausage rolls, pringles, cakes, sandwiches, and lots of pop, it all smelt lovely and I would have loved to have jumped in but I'd already had my shake and soup and 2ltrs of water for the day so I took in another ltr of water and sipped on that instead. I did "feel" hungry but kept telling myself it's all in my head I'm in ketosis and haven't cheated and I'm not going to start now. So I managed to avoid eating and even chucked the unused food into the bin afterwoods, when I got back in the house thought I'd have my last 2 shakes and some more water. I've decided to take my last 2meals of the day together as usually I have my 3rd shake around 7-8pm, then squeeze my last shake in around 11.30pm but ive almost forgot to have my last shakes on a few occasions so now just have my last 2meals together. That's all for now 5 days till next weigh in and end of week 3.

Last edited:
Wow Greeva -- What a test. You did very well. I expect that your resisting temptation will be rewarded at your next weigh in.

I hope the rest of your week is less of trial.

MM

My stomach has just been rumbling reading about all that lush food, so well done for resisting it!!!!

Your loss has bee awesome so far, and men tend to do better losing weight than women, so im sure you will continue to kick our arses in the weight loss department!!!

Keep up the good work. It's hard, but definitely worth it! x

Ha ha thanks for your reply louise it would have been nice to have a nibble but I think you get to a point on this diet where you come too far to throw it away by eating something that's going to mess you up. I think I'm starting to get into the "no brainer period " as my CDC calls it, the point where your used to the diet, have lost some decent weight and realise it's not worth halting progress by cheating especially when you know it's not real hunger just your head messing with you.

Day 17 today 100% on sole source only miss food when I smell it but have resisted a few big temptations since I started and does seem to be getting easier despite the rest of the family eating mcdonalds takeaways nice home made meals etc I think of the food packs more of medicine to see my body through rather than food to eat it's become a habit now just counting down to the end of my 12 weeks on April 4th (2days before my bday)

Day 21 today I had a weigh in on Monday and lost another 5lbs so lost 23lbs so far been late with update as been really busy at work nothing else to report all going well 21 days without food and beer -crazy!

Last edited:
23 lbs in three weeks! That is fantastic... are you having to wear a belt these days!

MM

Day 22 and my sons 2nd bday took him to monkey business with his friends and watched him eat burger and chips lol then came home and had a bday tea every nice bit if food you could imagine and loads of chocolates and sweets had to sit in kitchen watching everyone stuff their faces while I couldn't even have any cake. I'm in such a bad mood now really wanted to eat something to join in with the celebrations but I didn't and at the minute I just wanna lie on my own and go to sleep 70% of the time I don't mind this diet but the other 30% I absolutley hate it

Hi Greeva --

Happy Birthday baby Greeva!

You could try to focus on the fact that you will be fit enough to play sports with your son as he grows up. Think of how you are improving your chances of being around to celebrate many, many more birthdays, ones when you will be able to have bit of cake with him.

You could focus how much they (the little ones) are enjoying the treats, and how there will be treats for them again later (tomorrow) because you "sacrificed" now.

Maybe if you thought of it as you "chose" to not have a treat -- as it is all about the Birthday Boy, then you might feel good about passing up food that is unhealthy.

MM

It's ok I've put my dummy back in had some water a sulk and a choc shake and feel ok now I suppose looking back on things like tonight it's one of the biggest tests I've had (the others have been noted in this diary) and suppose it will make me stronger - I hope so

Good to hear, Greeva.

If you were a woman, someone might have posted: "try having a bubble bath", "give yourself a manicure", etc. to distract you, compenstate, etc. I think the nice hot bath would work for a man, too. So, next time -- if it is possible -- consider giving yourself some other sort of treat.

If this helps, my DH is doing the SB diet and has (in one month) lost 16 of the 40 pounds he wants to lose. He first gained 20 pounds when I was pregnant with our son. Then, slowly added weight over the years -- lost a little, regained, etc.

Our son is now age 19, and he noticed his father's weight loss and actually said something complimentary last night! (More shocking than you realise, if you have little experience with male teens.)

When (not "if") my DH gets to his goal weight -- it will be the first time he has had a bmi of 25 or under in 20 years. (He was overweight for 20 years, until very recently, when he "jumped" into obesity -- he is now overweight again. Whew!)

I hope you and your family has a good weekend. I really enjoyed "age 2" -- I never thought it was "terrible twos"... however "age 3" was another story.

MM

UhOh. One of those days eh? Where all the food looks amazing, smells amazing and everyone is eating apart from you????? Yep, those days are a b!tch!!!!!

However, well done for resisting temptation! I have so far managed to avoid situations like that, but I wonder if I would fare as well as you, so I think that deserves a pat on the back!

You have done so well on your weight loss already, so think how awesome it's going to be in less than an week? Every day sticking to this diet is an achievement, but the 4 week mark really feels like a milestone.

Do you like ice cream? It's one thing (along with pizza, but I can't help you with that!!) that I really miss, but this works nicely, and I tend to do it with my last shake of every day...

Put about 200mls of water in a jug, and put it in the freezer for about 3 hours before you want your 'meal'. Mix it up, or blend it with a hand blender (better) with a chocolate shake mix. It is fricking awesome, and tastes like partially melted chocolate ice cream!!

It just feels like a treat when my OH is tucking into something delicious!

Good Advice, Miss Louise.

Or get yourself some mix-a-mousse... I love that.

(My CDC says to not freeze or microwave any of the products as it destroys the nutrients.)

MM

Haven't tried that yet Louise although I did try a choc shake with ice chucked in the blender which was nice although I did break the blender somehow oops ! Hence I'm sitting in asda car park while Carla my missus goes to buy a new blender better let her show me how to use it 1st this time.

So you broke the blender, and your missus is buying you a new one???? rofl! Nice one! I would listen to her instructions carefully...breaking blenders is an expensive hobby!

Back