CD Newbie diary

Hi Greeva,

You may have a slight gain or stall until the gylcogen (and associated water) are replaced in your liver. Then, you will start to lose again -- and it will all be your stored fat. (Unlike the huge first week loss which was the gylcogen, water and some fat.)

So weigh once a week, and in a couple of weeks you should see some losses again. And, they tend to slow as you get close goal because your body is more efficient. So, if oyu are unhappy with your losses add 20 minutes of exercise to your day. It'll burn soem calories and boost your BMR. It can be a nice brisk walk.

MM

Well after a week on 810 I have lost 6lbs to I'm now at 174lbs (weighed myself just after my morning shake DOH!) so I'm happy with that I haven't been sticking to my milk or yoghurt allowance in that I haven't been having any so I've allowed myself extra salad with my evening meal hasn't done ms any harm not that I mind yoghurt but I couldnt find any zero fat plain yoghurt that wasn't flavoured so I gave up although I did only look in the tesco metro! So didn't try that hard but hey ho well bday on wed 6th April and that was my target date that I wanted to get to 170lbs so with abit more excercise I'm confident I'll get there and as I'm planning on a birthday meal treat at tgi Fridays and I night out involving alcohol ill be straight back on the diet. I plan on a adjusting my usual full rack of jack Daniel ribs to a half rack plain with no sauce who knows when I get there I may order a salad or fish dish. I think after 3mths of 100% ss and 1week on aam I'm going to allow myself to enjoy this treat but make sure that's what it is a one off treat then back on to the diet to keep the weight off til my wedding in dec.

Hi Greeva,

This sounds like a good plan, and Happy Birthday a bit early. That was a very good 810 loss, and little food might be just the "shock" your system needed.

MM

Hi I thought I'd pop back with an update seeing as it's been over 3 weeks well I've been sticking to 810 for the most part with the odd treat in-between I've had 3-4 bbqs which isn't great but weight wise im still at 170 which was my goal weight and even if I have a BBQ or eat out I weigh myself the next day and then I'm back on track with 810 til I shift the extra lbs. To be honest this diet seems to have really speeded up my motabilism if I put on a few lbs I can shift it in 2 days just by sticking to 810 and if I want to shift more I can do some exercise. So I'm still sticking to 810 few shakes through the day and chicken/fish etc with salad for tea can't be bothered stepping up to 1000 yet I'm happy with 810, think I might experiment at some point and get down to 165 to see how i look but afew people have said if I lose any more I'll look too skinny (never been told that before lol) if I get round to it I'll upload a before and after pic if I'm able to do so not sure if it depends on post count on the forum?

Hope everyones doing well

Last edited:
Hi Greeva,

I think you have enough posts to click on "Go Advanced" and then at the top on the reply box there will be an icon for attachments. You can then attach photos saved on your computer as thumbnails.

Congrats on staying steady -- how is your wife doing?

I have not been weighed in a bit (was on holiday -- so will see my CWPC on Tuesday and hear what the damage is). My DH has lost a total of 38 pounds so far (2 stone 10)! He is 159 (and is 5'6"). He wants to get down to 145, but I think that will be much too thin.

Hi minimel my missus is still going well she's getting stressed because she has wedding dress fitting due in may and still isn't where she wants to be weight wise, she's much better behaved when it comes to the odd BBQ or meal out and she does loads more excercise than me yet I still seem to lose it easier then her. I'm 5 6" aswell and at my weight now 170 feel great I've still got remnants of a belly but that's about it so like I say may flirt with 160 the only prob is now I'm at 170 and feel good and everyone says I look good at this weight the temptation is to stick at 170 treat myself now and again and maintain 170, the sacrifice to get down to 160 against staying quite easily at 170 is tricky but I suppose it should only take approx 2weeks to get to 160 or even quicker if I ramp up my excercise

Hi Greeva,

Reassure your Mrs that she is much slimmer than she was -- and to find a dress that suits her now.

I think 170 is heathly weight for someone your height -- and the tummy will go with some exercise. (I have seen very skinny people with pot bellies as they have no abdonimal muscle strength.)

I also told my DH that he might be able to get down to 145, but the struggle to stay there could possibly make him a miserable old git. So, I am hoping that if he gets there and finds it difficult he'll adjust his goal up.

Good luck.

Hi just thought I'd check in with a progress update as it's been over a month since my last post. Well things have been going well today I'm 169.2lbs and I've found I tend to hover between 165-170lbs which I'm happy with. My water consumption has dropped dramatically so I have to keep and eye on that it seems to have been replaced with a glass or vino in the evening (not good) my excercise regime has taken a dip too to need to get back on track with im thinking of joining a gym but weighing up the pros and cons as my fiancée is a nurse who does night shifts so she leaves at 6.30pm for work 3-4 nights a week and I finish at 5.30 so I would struggle to go as much as I'd like and probably not enough to justify the £40pm at the local v*rgin gym.foodwise I'm still avoiding carbs and although I have the odd treatim back to being strict the next day . I'm eat no added sugar musli forbreakfast with skimmed milk and a shake, tend to have fruit and muller light yoghurt for lunch and meat and salad/veg/potatoe for tea do t really have tea or coffee anymore and not following exact step 4 plan as what I'm doing seems to work for me I still have to make food choices everyday to avoid bad foods or have smaller portions or leave food when I'm full these are all things I never used to do and I do believe it's the small changes that will help me maintain in the long term, that's all for now just 6 months left to my wedding so still got to focus on that to help me maintain hope everyones doing well.

Hi Greeva,

Thanks for coming on and updating. Congrats on doing so well -- and maintaining. Have you had any work, birthday, etc. challenges -- or are you so used to new way of life that these are "no brainers".

Also, how is your future Mrs doing?

My DH has stabilised at 160. That gives him at 5'6" a bmi of 26. He wants to drop to a bmi of about 23-24, so he is upping his exercise. We have an elliptical machine and some free weights. So, he is using the ellipitical for 30 minutes 3 to 4 times a week, and on alternate days doing some weight training. The Beck book says to "break a plateau" then cut your calories by 200 per day or up your fitness. He is upping his fitness, as he is still going the SB low carb -- and is happy with his food intake.

I was been stable at a bmi of 25 (145 lbs) for the past two months, while I took two holidays, etc. But, then the pst few weeks I got very slack and started binging a bit. (I have not been good about exercsie for most of the two months.) I went back to my CDC and I had a gain of 3 pounds -- that put me back into the overweight category! So, I am back at the CD 810/1000 and will start back with the fitness classes next week. I have been trying to work out at home, but I am not as disciplined as my DH.

Good Luck to you both! Drink that water -- everyone needs to -- not just people trying to lose weight. (I need to to do that, too.)

Mel

Hi mimimel I've had a few occasions bdays and work do's where I've had to be careful with what I eat I generally find that 7/10 times I make the healthy choice or if I do eat crap food I'll only eat til I'm full and end up leaving food on the plate or I'll be strict with my diet for the next few days until I'm back at my orig weight I've found that my metabolism has speeded up loads since I lost the weight so generally takes a day of two to get rid of any unwanted pounds. I went to Chinese all u can eat buffet on fri for a cousins bday I would have previously polished off 3/4 plates and 2/3 desserts so I went with the plan of one plate (I had noodles and various meats) and desserts pineapple melon and bit of ice-cream so wasn't too bad I learned a good lesson too unless u want to pay £13.99 for 1 plate of food and a dessert for buffet style food don't go to an all u can eat Buffet when your restricting what you can eat lol. Carlas doing really well she goes to zumba and swimming a few times a week and is around 184lbs but she is 5'9" and started at 230lbs and has only done cd for 3weeks the weightless is down to her own healthy eating and exercise. I'm going to see if I can fine a before pic and I'll upload them as I've took some after pics aswell.

df7da96c.jpg
[/IMG]
225ceb93.jpg
[/IMG]
be66eb89.jpg
[/IMG]
e7bdff24.jpg
[/IMG]
be5142cd.jpg

719dd446.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
OMG --

The difference is amazing! You look fab not flab. Gosh, Carla is soooo pretty. You two make a very handsome couple.

As a nurse (she is nurse, right?) -- she would probably be aware of the healthiest way to lose weight. It sounds like she is following a sensible plan to do this.

I hope you do not mind, but I just recommended to a newbie man (WW, I think) that he read through your diary. There aren't as many men posting on the forum as there are women, and you you have done well. I think he will find your diary inspirational. He wants to lose a lot of weight.

Good Luck -- how long to wedding?

My DH and I are going to the summer ball at the local RAF base. I need to get him in to tailor to see about getting his dinner suit altered. I think we may just need to buy new trousers and, of course, a new shirt. I'll try on dresses this week -- and see if I have one that works (or will work). And, I do have a few I've not worn to this mess. I have about five weeks to lose some weight -- and am hoping to exercise and diet, so I have more choices for attire (and feel better in them).

Mel

Hey mimimel thanks for ghe commets -the wedding is 30/12/11 up in Scotland and staying over for hogmany in Edinburgh. I noticed myself that there aren't many men on here who post so thanks for pointing someone this way who might benefit from my diary I really hope it helps people as I know how hard the cd can be at times it's crazy to think I could be an inspiring to anyone but I know I looked at other peoples diaries for inspiration when I was doing the diet and looked at their pics and thought I want to do that too .... and 5months later here I am lol

Good luck with the maintaining, just keep reminding yourself what you used to look like if you want some inspiration to keep going. Also, don't stop weighing yourself, that way you won't start sliding without knowing it.

The best thing for me, apart from having so much more energy, is the ability to buy and get into clothes without trying to hide tha flab

WOW Greeva just seen your pics!!!!! Can't believe the difference you look amazing!!! The pic of you and your fiancee is great :) You both look really happy. So glad you're doing well x

Hi Greeva,

You are welcomed. I just think that you have done so well... nary a fobble. I love your wedding plans. What a great way to start the New Year! And there'll be fireworks!

Mel

Hi just a quick progress update im currently 176lbs and I find I tend to fluctuate between 172-176 when I get to 176lbs I monitor what I'm eating more to get back on track. It's not as easy as I thought it would be to keep the weight off it's an ongoing battle which I realise I've got to stay with probably for thd rest of my life. But I'm still feeling good haven't had much time for excersise as been really busy at work and by the time I get in the last thing I want to do is excercise. I'll pop back soon hopefully not heavier than 176!

Hi Greeva,

My DH has done the same... he has put about 10 pounds or so from his lowest. I think he is hovering between 165 and 170. He wants to get it back off -- he has wanted to get down to below 150. He got to 155, stayed there for a minute, maintain 160 for several weeks... and now has been inching back up. H asked me to "put him back on his diet"... and so I shall. I think he'll go back to Phase 2 South Beach and I will preparing and measuring his food -- he is good about only eating what I give him. If he prepares and serves his own food -- he makes some not-os-great choices and uses poor portion control.

Good luck -- as someone who has been at goal, stayed there, regained over 1/2 their loss, lost a little over 1/2 the regain, stayed there a while, then regained about a 1/3 of the reloss... I think you get the picture (in other words, I know how hard this is). It will always be a challenge and what we really need to do is change our lives and have them stay changed.

Mel

Back