CD Returner Returning Diary

Hi Karen

I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading your diary today. You have done brilliantly to SS 100% for such a long time. You are an inspiration and should be so proud of yourself.

I lost 32lbs from Feb to May '09 on CD and got to within 10 lbs of my target and promptly self-sabotaged. Since May '09 I have had several attempts to get back in the zone - all to no avail.

Anyway, today is my first day back on CD. I'm doing SS+ as I get chronically constipated doing just SS and CDC thinks that I need a bit of roughage to help me. Sorry for too much information :D

Your story has made me feel that it is so achievable and despite the highs and lows you have gone through, you have come out the other side. So thank you for sharing.

Lorrayne

Last edited:
Hi Lorrayne

Thank you for posting.

You will know if you had several restart attempts that it is really hard to restart (i done the same). The truth of the matter is that we know we can do it, but we think we can pick it up and put it down and 'start anytime we like i got packs in the cupboard' but its just not the case as we know.

Keep strong, and focussed, i finding it hard now i getting nearer to my goal, but my holiday goal is 3lbs away so my chatterbox is playing me up and telling me how well i have done so its ok just to have this etc.

I keeping strong, and i know you can do the same, just give yourself a chance hun x

We eat when we have nothing todo , so its working on how we can deal with that .
More active , do free dog walking, had my sisters dog he has gone home now , today only an hour walk usaly do more . So be off the tablets but it won't be worth going into K for such a short time then back out .
But I can do more walking , less eating .
What did your chatter box say to you tonight Karen ?

Hi Ya'll

Well i am getting quite excited now day 100 feels closer, i have to admit that the journey has had its highs and lows but i now feel like its within my grasp. Been talking to OH today about the support that i will need when i get back, and the need to get straight back to it. I have tried to explain to him that it will be harder and that i will need him then. He wants me to carry on if thats what i want, which i know i am capable of, just gotta get on behave myself on my jollies and keep the faith (lol focus) x

Hi Jackie

My chatterbox saying day 87 woop woop :character00180: only 1 more weekend to go and then i going on my CD break x

How has your day been? You feeling better now?

well must be two fat ladys day , 88 today lol
I know what your saying Karen , your thinking ahead , because when you eat your unsure of what will happen ....
Well you are going to take a break from CD because you've done so well and go on holiday and when you get back you will be fresh and then only you will know what to do , how strong you've been to do that time on CD , and feeling better about your clothes , and also you have said goodbye fluffy baby lol so no returning down taht road .
I myself will also be battle and you'd like you to rub some of your magic onto me ok !
So say , I CAN DO THIS !
For me was busy yesterday in town and had an evening out with my family , only to find one meal had put on me 3 pounds , not good , so today will hardly have anything , I have two days left of tabs now , and the dentist 11th 13th , see what she will do .
As if its not cleared up she will give me more tabs , which no no no
How is the weekend going , ho yes also brought a top yesterday and thought no , its going back to the shop as my arms look big in it , god I have to Join a gym when i get home , there better be some hunks down there so keeps my eyes busy lol

:bunnydance::party0049:Hi Jackie :bananalove:

Hope you having a good weekend i been dancing round the kitchen this morning like a nutcase to motown (love motown) still listening to it now. Dont know where my energy came from......i remember when i was in my 20s (and in the 9 stones) i used to go out every Friday with the girls get really drunk and have a really good dance and that seemed to get rid of all my excess energy and dealt with pent up emotions for the rest of the week (and i could walk the day after without needing rehab, if i did it now like i used to i would probably need a stanner stair lift to get up the stairs lol). That was how i used to deal with things just go out and dance like no one is watching and like i didn't have a care in the world, it was the one thing that i could really lose my self in.

Thinking about taking up some kind of class when i doing maintenance, that should sort my boredom out and give me something to look forward to along with a regular night out, and guess what i don't think i might need to do the drunk bit cos i didn't last week.

I also think i should go back to school and do Maths cos its day 90 today woop woop.

I just going to do the chicken and fish thing for a few days before i introduce anything else.

What have you got to buy for your jollies now?

LOL I don't need any hunks just at the moment, got all on handling OH lol xxxxx

Morning Karen & Jackie,

Thanks for the friend request Karen, I have accepted...you seem like a great person to have around, full of inspiration.

I'm on day 3 today and the scales are saying 4lbs down, which is really great but the nasty headache that woke me up in the early hours of Saturday morning hasn't lessened at all. It is now 1pm on Sunday grrrrrrrrr. I know that it just one of the things that you have to put up with in the early days of CD so will try and ride it out.

Glad I am not the only Tamla Motown nut here... it is what I grew up with and my fave music still. Haven't had a dance to it (or any other kind of music) for a long time and perhaps that would be something to get the blood pumping and the mood lifted.

So Karen, how are your holiday preparations going on? Sorted out all the bikinis yet?

Hello Darlings lol
Karen , you go girl, you are on a high and stay with it :)
That was funny a chair lift ,lol
Now I know hubby was over your shoulder when you say you don't need any hunks lol , shhh I won't tell lol
Yes tahts great a club to join , shame we are all not living closer , shanny and Lorrayne , now what club can you think of to join ?
Think its line dacing , slimming clubs , huh gym ... any more ideas ?
things for holiday was going today to get more but you know OH , another wkend from Hell ...
Shanny , no girl your leaving us behind , hows your first day Shanny on CD ? you don't have to far to go girl .
Lorrayne , Welcome , wow day 3 , hey think of tomorrow , it will pass then and you will feel great .
I will re start Cd now when back from holiday as I'm not going into K for such a short time .... I would of if I was not on Tablets , shame I was geared up for 4 weeks worth , but now is only 3 weeks till I fly out ...
Hows everyones day been ?

Hi Lorrayne - how is your day today, day 4 isnt it, that was my absolute worst. How are you feeling.

Yes, all ready for hols all i gotta do now is change my money.....then we ready for the off.

Hi Shanny lovely to hear from you are you starting CD again? Are you ok?

Jackie - how are you feeling is your mouth better now?

Day 91 and i am a stress head today, got a bad stress headache. only 9 days to go after today, i know i am getting ready to eat because my body is telling me so.

Went a bit bezserk dancing round the kitchen yesterday morning, i was on a massive high, then an even bigger low. Don't know whats up with me should be excited cos its hols in 2 weeks, but just feel like a miserable stress head. What the hell is wrong with me?

Hi Lorrayne - how is your day today, day 4 isnt it, that was my absolute worst. How are you feeling.

Yes, all ready for hols all i gotta do now is change my money.....then we ready for the off.

Hi Shanny lovely to hear from you are you starting CD again? Are you ok?

Jackie - how are you feeling is your mouth better now?
Hi Karen,

I am feeling better today. Yesterday was a nightmare with the headache and I have to say I did give in and have some food, not even good food I am ashamed to say but today I have had two shakes, a little chicken salad, which is allowed on SS+ and will have my last shake in an hour or so. I have also had quite a lot of water, which is always difficult for me and the hunger is almost non-existent today thank God!!

I am sure a lot of the stress you are feeling is stepping out of your comfort zone and eating again whilst you are on holiday and possibly worrying about getting back on the CD wagon when you return? We all know how hard it is to re-start CD but you have come such a long way I am sure you will get straight back on it and be looking fabulous in time for Xmas and all the parties :D

Hi karen bad times lol lol back on cd and i tell its the last time too.!

it's so hard but day 2 and going strong.xx

Heey jack jack im good today going bed soon thou feel bit fed up lol x

Hi all day 92 WI today 4lb off - thats ace but i still a crabby you know what.

Will catch up with you all later just a quick post to update me ticker.

Wow, day 92!!! I'm on day 5 and that feels like an achievement lol.

You have less than 1.5 stones to your target so by Christmas you really will be a skinny minnie. I am trying to envisage me in some sparkly number for Christmas, trouble is, in my dreams I am about 20 years younger, firm and fab, whereas in reality I'm an old bird who is more flab than fab :rotflmao: still my aim is to look the best I can.

Well done on your 4lbs loss this week. Brilliant.

Hi Ya'll

Lorrayne - day 5 is a massive achivement as us returning returners know, 8 days to go and i feel in limbo land? You have'nt got much to lose but i bet you feel a million miles away hun x You look fab in your pic but i along with everyone else knows whats important is how you feel about you. I think my headaches are my body telling me it needs to probably add some food! Spoke to my CDC yesterday about it and i all geared up and ready to go so that i know what to do on day 101 x

Jackie - hows the holiday shopping going, got any good buys? Hows it going with the anti b's?

Shanny - how's it going how you feeling?

Day 93, what can i say - day 93 almost over - roll on day 94 i surfing in limbo now - close but no cigar yet xxx

Hi Karen
I have not been well , I have a bad cold , and its give me alot of headaches , started with sore throat and then over a few days really broke out , its really going around at the moment .
First let me say 4 off is very very good . and 49 pounds down , that is a hell of a lot !
What sizes are you fitting into now Karen ?
Not been out , as been unwell .so no holiday clothes yet .. my nose is streaming ... becareful that you don't end up with it Karen .
Yes being on a high then coming crashing down to low , I just think it goes like taht on diets , you've done well to keep going to day almost 100 and its getting so near Karen .
As for my gum its better , going to chat to the dentist lady and hold off if I can on the root filling , as it may be I don't need it , been speaking to people who have been in same boat and they have held off and still ok 2 years on ... will see what happens .
Hi Shanny , how your things ? hows CD ? Go girl !
Lorrayne , hows life on CD ?

Life on CD has not been very good for the last couple of days. Personal problems (not male related) that, despite my very best efforts, don't get any better and it gets to the point where I just don't have the strength to fight. After a certain phone call all I could think about was chocolate and alcohol and promptly consumed both when I got home from work. I am going to get this weekend out of the way, try to be as careful as possible and then get cracking on Monday. I always do this. Somehow I have got to tell myself that life is always going to throw s**t at me and I have got to learn to deal with it in other ways.

It doesn't help when someone I know seems to come up smelling of roses whenever she falls in the brown stuff. Money no problem, holidays, flash car, expensive clothes etc., yet no husband or partner is safe around her if you get my drift. I get so angry at the lack of justice.

There........rant over. Hope all you ladies are having a fab day.

Back