CDCs or longtimers: one meal a week?

broxi

ButtErFly
:confused:Hi Iam on week 5 and I am really struggling. I've been SS 100% so far. This week has been awful and I dread the weekend. Does anybody know if I went out for my lunch or dinner on a Saturday and ate a normal meal would it really mess up CD? I just feel if I could lose weight and do this it would give me something to look forward to? I feel life is really hard without food. (Then I feel guilty for thinking like this when there are all these poor people in the world who have nothing and would actually love the sustenance they would get from CD.)
I am talking about one course a week, not necessarily low-carb but healthy. What do you think? Honest answers appreciated.

I think personally that's a dangerous road to go down-for a start it'll take you out of ketosis every week and though it won't take as long to get back it will still leave you with a day of hunger pangs I reckon.If you're missing food that much why not try SS+ or even 810 instead?At least that way you're having food that will maximise weight loss not risk stalling or gaining or having cravings due to eating whatever you want to.I think you have to decide what you want more-to lose weight or eat a normal meal once a week,because I don't think you'd last very long doing it that way(I know I wouldn't anyway).I personally think you should give SS+ a try.Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.

The difficulty with having one meal that is not low carb etc is that it will probably take you out of ketosis and you will feel more hungry and also once your out you would need incredible control to say no to all the temptations ... i know if i come off plan even a little i end up eating things i shouldn’t have,
Then you need to spend maybe 48-72 hours getting back into ketotis ... maybe you could have a SS+ meal at weekends this would keep you in ketotis and you are having food ?

I'm neither a CDC nor a long timer, but I did ask my CDC this morning about a similar thing as I have several weddings, a christening, my birthday and a couple of other parties coming up in June/July. She told me to enjoy my meal and just carry on as normal with CD afterwards. She did suggest that I still had my 3 shakes and that I had a shake just before my meal so that I wouldn't overeat.

I think I will eat a little on a couple of the occasions but will keep it low carb as I am worried about not being in ketosis and be really hungry.

Why don't you try SS+ or 810 for a week and see how you go? I'm on SS+ although have not eaten on it (just have an extra shake and skimmed milk) and I am losing really well on it.

On 810 you could have a substantial meal (400kcal I think of the allowed food) every day and you would still lose weight.

Speak to your CDC hun, you really shouldn't have to feel this down! :(

:hug99::hug99::hug99:

Yes I might try SS+ at weekends. I do really want to lose but just struggling so much last night and today and feel as though food would take away all these bad feelings, which in reality, I know it would be great while I was eating it but I would feel really dreadful after it. I just wanted someone to ok my cheating thoughts! I might actually try to eat some low carb meals at weekend and see how that goes- maybe Saturday, Sunday night. It is a hard journey. People are all telling me to come off diet because I'm not myself. They are all saying I've lost my sparkle.

end of the day its up to you..

Your weight loss

Your money

Your life

If ur mentalhealth is being affected then go out relax.. keep it as low fat/carb as you can and then get right back on it next day.

I personally wouldnt have the willpower to get back on the diet.. bt thats me personally if u think you can then go for it.

Dont end up really down and depressed.. x

Can i be really blunt and ask if you would have your sparkle being over weight again ? you have lost 20lbs which is nearly 1 and ½ stone ... everyone gets down / depressed even when eating all the food they want .. i really think you should maybe have ss+ this weekend read your booklet don’t go over the allowances and see how you feel ... just think how your feel when your at goal .. your feel amazing keep that in mind ! ;)

Thanks for that. No I've decided that I'm gonna do SS+ or 810 at weekends. I just thought I could get away with a big plate of spaghetti or chinese! But I would feel absolutely awful if I blew it. I have to say though that my mood swings, especially at the weekends have been terrible so maybe even having low or no carb meal might help me stay on track. Thanks though for help.

well done for making the right choice, you have done amazingly well so far being 100% for 5 weeks, ive not managed 4 without being naughty and im being naughty again tonight and i know its gonna effect me and thats my choice, but it is also my choice to make this my last cheat for a long time xxxx like i said you have come soo far as soon as you step of track it does get so much harder, not worth it xxx

end of the day its up to you..

Your weight loss

Your money

Your life

If ur mentalhealth is being affected then go out relax.. keep it as low fat/carb as you can and then get right back on it next day.

I personally wouldnt have the willpower to get back on the diet.. bt thats me personally if u think you can then go for it.

Dont end up really down and depressed.. x

Great advice!

Personally I would look at your thoughts... CD is supposed to help change our outlook on food, and if you are still thinking that food will make you feel better, less depressed etc then I think you probably have a long way to go on that score, I am trying really hard to not associate food with feeling good, otherwise once I get to goal nothing will change and I will comfort eat again to make me feel better. If you are finding it really hard to stick to the diet, SS+ all the time, I do and still have good weightloss, and that way you wont see food as a treat at the weekends. Just my opinion.

Personally I would look at your thoughts... CD is supposed to help change our outlook on food, and if you are still thinking that food will make you feel better, less depressed etc then I think you probably have a long way to go on that score, I am trying really hard to not associate food with feeling good, otherwise once I get to goal nothing will change and I will comfort eat again to make me feel better. If you are finding it really hard to stick to the diet, SS+ all the time, I do and still have good weightloss, and that way you wont see food as a treat at the weekends. Just my opinion.

That is a good point..

But there has to be a balance because seeing food as bad or wrong and having feelings of guilt towards it can also lead to serious problems.

End of day if your on this diet because you want a quick fix then thats fine if your willing to put the work in then thats your choice..

But you cant have both the quick fix and be able to do it an easy way.. The CD is by no means an easy diet.

Just have to decide whats best for you and go with it as everyone is different its all about discovering who you are and what your body needs.

Hiya Broxi, I know you have now made a decision to ss+ or 810 at weekends and I am so glad you have gone down this route... just because you have asked for honesty.. I will be :)
I can tell from your posts how hard this is for you and how you are getting down, the thing is, all of the above is true.
Not one thing that works totally for one, will be the same for the other, but without a doubt a few things will happen if you eat a normal meal once a week (ie not low carb)
Firstly you will come out of Ketosis...
Once you have eaten a carb laiden meal your body then will digest those carbs and this will store glycogen . Along with glycogen, water is stored.
So you will suddenly lose all the protective effects of ketosis (loss of apetite and feeling of well being) You will potentially get cravings and become very hungry because all of a sudden your insulin production will start swinging. Many people often feel very bloated and have stomach cramps if they go straight back to normal eating.
You have to all remember that for some people (not all) getting into Ketosis on 2nd and subsequent attempts can be hard.. not sure if there is a reason for this, but you hear it all the time on the boards.
With your choice, you will remain in Ketosis, most CDC's say that their isn't that much difference in loss between ss and ss+ so you will still be losing well. And on 810 you should still get nice losses. You might find that one or two 810 meals makes it harder to do SS at other times, but at least you will be losing if you find you can't get back into ss'ing.
Like others have said it is your life etc, but when we are int he middle of a situation it is often ahrd to be objective and make good decisions... thats why I love minis so much....

I wish you well as I felt your pain last night in that post you made :)

Good luck! You will get there, we all just have to find the right path for us to walk!

x

Thanks Tillyfloss, Well I went for it. I went out for lunch to carvery and had a tiny bit of turkey and some cabbage and caulfilower. I could hardly eat anything but I feel better. I know I can stick to SS again and know that I could do the same again next weekend. Hopefuly, it wont have mucked up weight loss. I do realise though that my feelings about food aren't right, that I need to eat to feel happy, don't know what to do about that though. What was amazing was that I hardly ate anything and felt full really really quickly and absolutely hated that feeling so stopped eating the minute I felt like that. Anyway, I know it is pathetic but my mood is much better now and I always claimed I was not an emotional eater! x

Hun as others have said you have to make CD suit you and your lifestyle. The only thing is I was told you need to do one plan or the other for at least a week. I'm no expert of course but your body might get confused mising ss and 810. I would really consider moving to ss+ or 810 for the week and see how you do. You can always go back to ss again. Obvously speak to your CDC first as she/he will advise you best. You'll still lose weight hun.

Good luck x

forget my last post, after talking to people on here i have decided to have an ss+ meal tonight and then decided if i will either be ssing this coming week or ssing but i will stick to what ever i decide...i WILL the stupid thing is after all this whenever i have an ss+ for more than 2 days in a row i feel naughty! *slaps self* well done on being good broxi hun xxx

Quite a few people on here have recommended going to SS+ and I would be inclined to agree.

I wouldn't recommend mixing SS and SS+ - they are separate programmes for a reason.

I was fine on SS but felt that I lacked energy. I have more energy on SS+, but wanted to make sure I went onto SS+ for the right reasons, which were more energy not because I wanted to eat.

Some people are more suited to SS+. You have really struggled I know and have posted a few times about the cravings. You've tried really hard and done really well so far.

If you get to the point where you've completely fed up you will end up going off the rails. I did last time and plenty of others have.

Much better to be in control on a higher programme like SS+.

If it makes you feel better some people have better losses on SS+. I only lost 2lbs in my last two weeks on SS and lost 3lbs as soon as I went onto SS+.

Whatever you decide to do, keep talking on here, as it will help you stay on track. Some people find the diet easier than others, but everyone has hard days :) xxx

watergirl my cdc says its fine to mix ss and ss+ but ive made the decision not to do that, i need to figure out what i want, like you im knackerd on ss and REALLY grouchy so maybe ss+ is better? hmmmmmm :)

Hi Kate, perhaps it does work for some people, but I don't think it's recommended. Perhaps a CDC can clarify.
I would have thought like Tilly said, it might confuse your body.
Also, it's going to be hard to figure out what your body needs if you chop and change daily.

The mental, rather than physical, issues of eating one day and not the next would definitely not work for some people.
Additionally, if you move onto SS+ without the right frame of mind it can be hard to control the small amount that you can have to eat.

I think some people might see SS+ as an excuse to eat. In reality it's a tiny meal (hardly worth it lol) that for me serves the purpose of being able to exercise. It also helps you introduce food back into your life in a healthy way and it enables people to have a small meal with family, friends etc.

Back