Celebrity Slim Vs Atkins??

curvy0girl

Hey everyone hope you dont mind but I had a few Atkins related questions and hoped you might be able to help :)

I started celebrity slim last week and I am srtuggling to get my head round what to have for my main meal (for those of you that dont know on CS you have a shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and a 'balanced' main meal) As it is in principle a low carb diet all the advice is to have a main meal that is pretty much carb free, however it appears to be different from atkins in that it doesnt advocate things like butter, cream, skin on meat etc...

For any of you that are familiar with both diets would I be able to follow the principles of atkins for my main meal whilst having the CS shakes for breakfast and lunch? or would this not work? If not I'm wondering if its worth abandoning CS altogether and swithing to atkins because at the mo I feel like I'm doing the hard bit of atkins (low/no carbs) without the good bit (more fat allowance!)

I'm basicaly a little confused and looking for a bit of advice :confused:

Thanks guys x

Hi curvy, there are people on here mixing CD and Atkins, They seem to be doing fine, but I'll leave it to them to respond in more detail. I don't know how CS works so I can't help there really.

Hi Curvy, I don't know how CS works either, but I am guessing it's much the same as the Exante Working Solution, which has shakes and a low carb meal. But, I don't have the fats allowed on Atkins either. The thing with the meal replacement plans is that they still work on being low cal. If you add in the fats allowed on Atkins, you might as well go fully Atkins and you will significantly reduce your carbs this way, thereby being allowed the fats. If you stay on CS, then you are having much higher levels of carbs than true Atkins and therefore you need to be low cal.

I hope that makes sense?

Thanks for the replys guys :)

Sarah that does make sense thankyou, I thought that so wanted to check before messing up my diet! hmm cant decide whether to switch or stay now....!

Back