cerazette

mumtheshopper

Silver Member
Has anyone got any experiences with this. After a problem with MArvelon supply, 6 weeks of microgynon, and 4 weeks of severe migraines that my doctor ahs put down to yasmin, I ahve been prescribed cerrazette. Really don't want to hinder my weight loss any more. HAs anyone any experiences?

Was on this for about 6 weeks a few years back. Had no real problems in that time. Only swapped to implant as i forgot to take my pills. (wish id stayed on the pill but thats a whole other story)

Thanks. After putting on over 2 stone with depo, wanting to kill on microgynon, never feeling so ill and depressed as on yasmin, I am ever so slightly scared. Took 1st one last night. Did you put on weight with it?

not from what i remember, but saying that ive been on depo for nearly 4 years now and put on 7lbs after the 1st jab. No problems since.

After being told for a couple of years that the depo will NOT make you put on weight, and the weight creeping up, I was finally informed, aahh but it will make it hard to lose it. I ahd started at target, and stayed there by having a good weekend, putting on, or a holiday and putting on, but always making sure I lost the extra pounds straight away afterward. With depo, I was doing that, but could not shift them afterwards. So it didn't make me put on as such, but the accumulative effect of not being able to lose weight I ahd put on normally. Two stone in 2 years. I could onyl ever see it going up, if I was unable to ever lose any. Hope you're losing weight OK on dep

I'm on this pill and have been for about 7 months, haven't noticed any weight gain although the irregular bleeding to begin with can make you feel bloated...it's all settled down now

I've been on cerazette for a couple if years n no probs. No periods which is fabulous altho occasional bleeding - light bleed for one day maybe once every couple of months. I was on microgynon n had terrible headaches. I can honestly say that any weight gain has been down to me stuffing large quantities of crap in me gob!

I was on this pill and no didn't notice any weight gain but....... Beware this pill can leave u infertile for 6 months to 2 years!!!!
I came off this pill nearly 5 weeks ago to start trying for a baby and not had a period. Had severe Period pains to the point of scaring the crap out of my husband in tesco by going grey and nearly fainting.
Went to Drs And was only then informed of the infertility time frame. Said the average is 6 months but can be two years. And the pains I am getting are withdrawal symptoms. Nice.
thanks bast4rd if I had know I wouldn't have ever taken this pill!

So yea just be warned if u want a baby at some point! As I am feeling very scared bout my fertility returning. X

hi there my experience with cerazette is thats its the only pill ive never put weight on with and been able to lose it. i was on cerazette a few years ago and was fine i was slightly overwieght before i started taking it but didnt gain any more then they changed me to yasmin and i put on 2 and a half stone!! then last year they put me back on cerazette and im over 4 and a half stone down!!! i know everyones different but hopefully will be good for you too :) xx

Thanks for all your comments. I'm 42, no longer married, and ahve two of 10, and 8. Whilst I would love nothing more than more children, realistically, it's never gonna happen anyway! Weird though, they do say, you ahve to take in a 12 hour frame, or no longer safe. Weird then that that on the other hand, fertility won't return for months. Depo is worst for that. CAn take years to completely vome out of system. It was 13 months before I ahd a period after that!!

That's weird isn't it hadnt thought of that. Although I did used to forget to take it for days and never fell preggers. X

Microgynon gave me severe headaches and I gained weight whilst on it - but I think this was due to my student diet of booze and pizza to be fair! Depo assisted in a 3stone gain, I was a healthy weight and maintaining successfully...was on it for 6 months IIRC (2 jabs, it may possibly have been 3) and I didn't have a period for over a year after the end of the last jab. Only probs I had with cerazette were the complete lack of periods - I hate not knowing. I had no weight issues on it at all.

Back