Cerulean's Maintenance Diary - 20 wks of SSing - Maintaining since 25/07/11

Thankyou Sal and Shanny. I just feel a bit childish myself which was why I tried just ignoring it but then I remembered tgat this is a Cambridge Support Forum so why the hell am I worried about it? I know that stepping off is a vulnerable time where you need handholding and encouragement and this is where there are always people rooting for you. Just never encountered anything but care and love on the forum so I've been a bit shocked. I don't like wool (it feels weird and gets stuck in my nails) so I don't go on knitting forums...if I did that would be a bit weird cos I'd have nothing to say other than 'Yuck, wool' - that jumper looks nice but I bet it feels horrible' This is a tiny bit like that...lol!

Why should you be hiding in a corner?? I just don't get why anyone who is not on CD is coming here and being down on the one diary that really inspires so many of us.

Please don't move or change the way you write, it's so honest and heartfelt and really reflects the struggle that we all go through, however your approach is so fresh and inspirational, and truly touches on so many issues that lead us down the path of unrighteousness and therefore putting on weight!!

Report this person, bullying comes in so many forms but if this person is making you feel bad for what you are totally here to do then it's WRONG and they should not be allowed on the CD part of the forum.

The person in question obviously has some issues of their own and should be banned from this CD support forum, many of their posts are enough to discourage others from coming on here and just reading for inspiration. There are other forums on minimins that are aimed at calorie counting, exercise, etc that would be much more suitable for said person, they should stick to those other ones and leave the rest of us alone.

Please don't let this one person make you leave us, Sarah! I know that too many barbs can pierce the skin of even the toughest of us, but you have sooo many supporters as opposed to one misguided individual...

Awwwww you GUUUUYYYYS!!! You are all lovely! Thanks for reminging (reminging??? er reminding - thanks iPhone) me why I heart Minis so much :)

Anyway...back to the business of doing the diet...today is a cardio rest day...I shall be Shredding later tonight (I like to leave 36 hours between some of my shreds to allow for maximum recovery) weight is coming off, size 12s getting loose at the waist...food okay...started drinking other diet drinks (gasp!) which are allowed now...will probably have a prawn or tuna based lunch today. May be having lunch with my colleagues tomorrow. (although bless their supportive socks, thay've said I should only go with them if I really really want to) Woah! Life is slowly returning to normal.

This person must have issues and could be plain jealous of your results....there are so many amazing people on this forum, but the odd one that spoils it. No excuse for bullying:pcwhack:
You diary has been inspirational and has given me hope and encouragement for my restart..also some good ideas to help me through it.
Have a good day x

Just wanted to post and say i also think i know who has the issue with you and thought post was bang out of order,:mad: and really don't know why they post on vlcd when not on it anymore:rolleyes: you should inform one of the mods for sure...but i agree with everyone else, you really are an inspiration to everyone on or starting cd, and don't hide away as it's great reading how you are doing amazing on cd with exercise. And Just to add I think you look and have done bloody amazing:D

don't let paranoia take over the forum, this person's posts might be dealing with you and they might not. As you are a positive thinking person, you'd better say they are NOT. And just think about all the supportive people who follow your progress. Why do we have to be bothered by ONE person who might be against us, while we have so many others who are so positive ? Choose the right path, choose the positive path.

The question I continue to ask myself is why someone who prefers a different diet to CD or indeed any VLCD continues to post on this section of the forums as opposed to the section relating to their current diet? The only reason I can think of is to be awkward, upsetting and get a reaction from people who are trying their hardest to turn their lives around. I personally find you a massive inspiration as I have mentioned before and don't think you should be bullied away from here when it not only helps many of your readers but obviously being able to collate your feelings on here must help you in some way too! Xxxx

Just to add, I have no problem with people posting on sections of the forum that don't directly relate to their diet. However, most people that do the above cause absolutely no problems or upset people.

The only reason I referred to this is because if this person has such a 'problem' with VLCD you would have thought they wouldn't want to either read or respond to posts concerning these diets.

Hi cerulean...

I haven't posted on ur thread before but I have been reading with interest. U are an absolutely fab inspiration to everyone on here. Ur posts about your weightloss journey are amazing and I really do hope that u keep ur diary going..

And as regard to the negative person...I am nearly sure I have had a run in with the same person and actually did consider reporting their posts as I was absolutely appalled by their negative replies and comments. But like you, I wondered was I being a bit OTT..!! And it actually put me off posting on the forum too. But from reading your diary and hearing the same views from others I definitely think that the moderators could do with at least giving this person a stern talking to and restricting their posting rights. As everyone else had said this is a 'support' forum..!!

So I really really hope that u don't hide away in this wee corner and continue to post in all parts of the CD forum as your posts are from the heart and from true experience and understanding. I wish u all the very best in ur journey to maintenance. U are one amazing lady..!! :) xxx

Grumpy Cerulean's FAQs of Sole Sourcing

I'm not going to mention all that has just passed any more, but thank you all for your comments and support. And in the meantime I'd like to beg a little forgiveness - gawd knows I get aerated and occasionally very preachy about advising people not to exercise and Lighter Life counsellors who don't deliver the counselling goods and (in the past) people who start bending the rules after a few days on the diet and wondering what went wrong...oh and people who don't get the STS thing and scale zen (sure it's disappointing to STS but remember the Cerulean mantra 'The scales mean nothing, the scales mean nothing, nobody weighs you apart from your CWPC and you, people see the inches you lost not the pounds')

So yeah - I'm not perfect and I have been a bit of a grumpy old grumbler - and will continue to do so. I guess here is a good time to list my Cerulean's Grumpy FAQs

1. Yes you can exercise after a couple of weeks on SS as long as you want to and feel comfy doing it - just don't be daft and run a 10k in hot weather on just foodpacks. You'll be sick and fall over and noone wants that.
2. No you probably shouldn't muck about with CD in your first 4 weeks if you have more than 3 stone to lose but if a spot of protein gets you through a tight corner then I'll turn a blind eye ;)
3. If you are a lady, you will have STS weeks from time to time, my Cerulean science tells me this is usually your hormones ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! FAMINE!!!!! SHED NO WEIGHT!!!!!! until they go 'Oh - whoops - forgot about all that fat on my bum - I'll have that instead of chips...carry on!' If you are a man this also happens but in a different way. YOUR WEIGH IN CARD EVEN MENTIONS THAT YOU WILL HAVE WEEKS LIKE THIS!!! READ THE BACK OF IT IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME!!
4. If you don't do maintenance and commit to keeping 5-10lbs within your finish weight, all bets are off. Really sorry, but you have to own up to the fact that you have had an issue with food and that you may always have one...that's not to say it has to rule your life, you will just have to think about it way more than you want to for longer than you want to...I made this mistake. Don't let it be a burden - but make sure you do the work. Your body is very good at putting on weight after a 'famine' which is what your hormones think a diet is. You have to spend time reassuring Mrs Hormones that you will give it everything it needs when it needs it.
5. If you make mistakes you can fix them. I'm a proud little madam who was really embarrassed when I screwed up so royally and I still came back. Only you could always come back and finish the job quicker than I did, I've been fannying about with this for 4 years.
6. I drank way more Coke Zero this time round than you will ever get me to admit. I am somewhat ashamed of that mainly cos of all the rotten chemicals, but I just wanted to tell you that no one's perfect ;) - I also love Boots Shapers American Cream Soda...3 calories a bottle, lactic acid rather than citric and a complete life saver for me - see - not such a goody two shoes, am I? Oh and I weigh myself every day just cos I like maths - the scales make no sense even when you do that - even I can't spot the whys and wherefores.
7. Finally - keep the big picture in your head. It is always about today, tonight and tomorrow morning, sure...when you start, tell yourself 'Just today. Just three days. Just til my first Weigh In. My next Weigh In. Lets do 28 days. Okay - how about 8 weeks?' (By that point you'll be in the zone and your body will go 'Oh YOU SWINE! You TRICKED ME!) But all the time do not think about the weekly losses - do not see anything less than 3lbs as a failure - make a note of the date 12 weeks from your start date and think about the fact that as long as you have 4 stone to lose you will definitely have lost 3 stone by that point as long as you stick to it. The Big Picture.

And finally finally...Never. Ever. Ask me if you can have an alcoholic drink in ketosis. (Unless you want me to shout). ;)

Emz - good to see you here - I love reading your replies - you already seem like a force of nature on the forum - and I love your smiley photo :D

thanks sarah,
ive actually came off CD and giving myself a break from any sort of weight loss program for a while. i just wrote a huge lenghty post in my diary explaining why.
but i will still be calling into the CD forum to see how everyone is and give people support and encouragement where i can.
loved ur last post...theres no back doors with u girl..haha..!! xxx

I agree whole heartedly with every point, I just wish I had the strength to follow it through. The first time I did CD I didn't break a single rule, even went to Florida for two weeks and stuck to it! My blog from that time reflects my single-mindedness. I don't know what's wrong with me this time, it's just as important to me to lose weight this time and I have less to lose so you'd think I'd be fine?!

I don't know whether its because the first time round i was part of a CD team on here and that spurred me on, also my friend was doing LL at the time, so i seemed to have a lot more support last time. All I have this time is negative comments. So many of the diaries i read (including my own) seem to be people really struggling with it, and sometimes i think I let this affect me a bit too much. But reading your posts gets my head straight, makes me remember that it can be done and I will do it.

I have roughly 3 stone (possibly 4, on the way up the stages) to lose and have allocated myself 12 weeks devoted to CD. This takes me to the end of October. It's not forever, it's 3 short months, I do just need to get through to ketosis first (fingers crossed it'll be Friday). Thanks keeping me sane and positive.

Sorry to offload all that on to you.

Hey Sal...just two words for you....COME ONNNNNN!! You know you can do this. The time will pass whether you're on the Cambridge train or not...may as well hop on board and toot toot along the expressway to slimsville. (I can't believe I just said that).

I'm a bit under the weather today...faint sore throat and sleepy and puffy. First cold since I started (best bit about vlcds, I get half as many colds!) Dunno if you know, but I had a massive problem with my skin recently. Turns out I have soy intolerance. What do all CD products have in them? Thank heavens I start cutting down in 2 weeks, but it looks like my SS+ days using 4 packs really screwed up my hormone levels (totally forgot that the soy they use in CD products is the stuff that sends my hormones haywire) its only some spots, but its another reminder that I can't keep using Cambridge (my metabolic type cannot handle soy!) I've always hated anything with soy in to the degree that a friend made me hot choc with yicky soy milk last year and I was sick!!!

So my CD days are well and truly numbered!

Hello,

Just thought I'd write to say I've been reading ur diary and I love the way u have so much energy and stick to ur exercise n diet religiously!
U work around the corner from me too (I'm in aldgate) Which is not always great as there's always something to do after work and someone to persuade u to go for a drink at lunch or after work! Although a lot of people are away at the mo b'cuz of school holidays thank god and i managed to miss a leaving do last night as I had the day off so didn't get tempted to drink:-D

Anyway all the best :D xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Princess! I agree, its tough round here! Especially with Brick Lane so close. Am taking my friend to Tayyabs in Whitechapel for lots of grilled meat and salad as soon as I'm on 1500!!! I don't miss the boozing actually as I've been so busy this year - the lack of booze means I've had lots of sleep and saved a ton of money :)

I'm 5mins or less walk from tayyabs I pass it twice a day smelling the nice mix grill n the currys hmmm

I really love my wine so I'm finding it very hard, specially yesterday when I was sitting in the garden a nice rose or a pinks would have one down nicely lol
Anyway I resisted which is good.. Just waiting for my WI at 7pm :D xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't sweat the small stuff...nah, really - important, that. Just so ya know - my experiment with a bit of extra veg yesterday but less exercise worked pretty well - woke up with keto-dog-breath-of-death this morning so I assume that I am treading a very narrow line between in and out...very very slight cravings have started but I am currently managing them and know it may be the sore throat and the tiredness (the hot weather means I haven't been sleeping quite so well)

I've lost 3lbs in the last official week which for eating 810 and above on each and every one of those days ain't bad. The extra calories (bar the chickpea frenzy on Monday and yesterday's extra veg) are usually down to the fact I have 2 peanut bars which are 80-90 cals more than if I was just on soups or shakes.

Thinking about 1000 I can see that it is trying to get me to have a more structured, orderly approach to eating - My CWPC says that I can use my common sense and I can have a bit of the evening protein for lunch rather than just the bowl of plain salad, but the book is pretty adamant about doing exactly what the book says at that point and I can totally see why. Only problem is I can't make powdered foodpacks at work well I can but they just don't taste as good and they are bleesome and I don't enjoy them - so the soup + salad option isn't great for lunch. I might be better off doing that at night time - especially as I can't really have an evening meal until after 9.30 most nights I am rehearsing.

I am kind of pondering based on recent losses if I should do one more SS week next week with my counsellor away...and then I remembered that I am 810-1000ing because I am running more than 30 mins 3 times a week now. D'oh! It's so easy to forget on rest days!

I guess in my 1000 week it'll be Total 0% and blueberries/strawberries for breakfast with possibly a smidge of toasted oats or a crumbled peanut bar! Protein, veg, couscous/carb option for lunch and small salad and soup or shake for dinner rather than my slightly more creative have my bars and soups and veg and protein whenever the mood strikes me kind of approach. Bloody hell, carbs, eh? I know there are a few of us coming out of SS who eye them suspiciously going 'What are you going to do to my blood sugar this time you evil food source?' Which sounds mad, but until you've experienced a post-SS sugar binge rampage, you really don't know what you're up against (You wake up 45 minutes later wearing an empty Haagen-Dazs tub on your head covered in donut sugar going 'But I don't even like Battenburg cake!'). You have to add them gradually, pretty much an ounce at a time and kind of pretend they're not even on the plate if you're carb sensitive. So if I seem a bit strict with myself some days its cos I don't wanna end up wearingvthe Haagen Dazs hat o' shame ;)

Did my 2 mile run - good speed, bit boring - need some new exciting tuneage for the old iPhone. I feel great after a run, but I am at the boring learning my stride and getting my breathing right stage at the mo...until I can comfortably run a 5k I don't like any of the road routes near my house.

But yay! Running!

Back