Chala's walkin the weight off! :)

I thought of doing this. I don't have any fancy gadgets other than a stop watch and a timer on my phone.
Maybe I could drive a route and clock it?

Dragged myself out again this morning, weather was rubbish but feel good for going, legs are not aching as much today so thats a good sign my leg fitness has improved :)

13th Feb - 5.29 miles 1hr 39mins

So far done 2.05 miles in 36 mins, just did 1 lap of racecourse as am going walking again tonight with hubby, was going to have a day off today but hey ho! :)

14th Feb - 2.05 miles 36mins

Didnt go walking last night, was too tired, did 7 days on trot and it really has taken its toll! Slept from 8pm til 5am like a log! Ate alot of rubbish today so not feeling the best but tomorrow is another day! :)

Back on track today! 5.29 miles :) Feel better today, was a bit down yesterday, focused again thanks goodness! :)

16th Feb - 3.92 miles 1hr 15 mins

Was a bit of a slog, shouldn't have had them 2 days off :sigh:

Last edited:
I'm not too much in to working out, but when I do I use DDR or about an hour. Dance Dance Reveloution is great for me because I love music and I like to dance around my house.

And the best part is it tracks how many calories u burned and how long it took. I use to do anywhere between 380 - 450 calories in a little over an hour, depending on how I feel.

Its pretty good for burning calories and toning the lower part of your body.

Wow u doing good. And since the weather is nice that makes walking out even better.

Wow u doing good. And since the weather is nice that makes walking out even better.

Thanks! :) Yeah am looking forward to the warmer weather but dont mind a bit of rain either lol.

Tonight went out, drizzle but felt guilty not doing anything so forced myself out!

19th Feb - 3.92 miles 1hr 11 mins

Well done on your walking, I'm a fellow plodder too !!! It helped me drop 12 lbs this Jan without a change in my diet ( was already low fat, cal counting diet anyway !!) Snow is thawing here so will be outside again this week, woohoo !!!

Diva x

Well done on your walking, I'm a fellow plodder too !!! It helped me drop 12 lbs this Jan without a change in my diet ( was already low fat, cal counting diet anyway !!) Snow is thawing here so will be outside again this week, woohoo !!!

Diva x

Thanks! Its great to hear that its working for someone! People do doubt that 'walking' can be classed as exercise! It makes me feel good and it is definatly helping me! Good luck in your continued journey! :) x

Not been out for last couple of days, long days driving today and am shattered, was recovering yesterday after a few to many......erm....shandies Saturday night :eek: Legs were killin me all night after the walk i had done earlier so think i drank quick to numb the pain :rolleyes: hehe Tomorrow am having to wait in for the washer man 8am til 6pm so will definatly get out tomorrow evening for my walk :)

Pulled a muscle in my neck last night so not done much in the way of exercise :( Sat with a hot water bottle behind my head at the mo, hope it goes soon :(

Back