Chala's walkin the weight off! :)

Lovely day agin today, up at 7am arrived at racecourse at 8am 3 laps done! :) Aiming for 4 in a couple of weeks :)

22nd April 6.11 miles 1hr 47 mins

Back at it today after a couple of days of over relaxation haha, sunny here so up and out at 8am to the racecourse I went, did 2 laps then legs started to really hurt so left it at 2. Will be back again tomorrow for anothe few laps i hope!

25th April 4.05 miles 1hr 10 mins

Did a cheeky 1 mile with the dog this aft, got a bit warm for him :)

25th April 1 mile 16ish minutes, he kept holding me up haha

Last edited:
I've been thinking I need somewhere nice to go for a walk, not just walking on pavement.
I live very close to a racecourse, it never occured to me before, but what a great place to walk. I'm going to check now how long the race course is, (each lap) of course.
So glad I read your post.

I've been thinking I need somewhere nice to go for a walk, not just walking on pavement.
I live very close to a racecourse, it never occured to me before, but what a great place to walk. I'm going to check now how long the race course is, (each lap) of course.
So glad I read your post.

Awww thats great to hear! I love walking round ours, its a real motivator! Good luck, let me know how you get on! :)

Well didnt want to go tonight, one of those mind thingys again grrrrrr but went, so glad i did tho, the feeling after is fantastic!

27th April 4.06 miles 1hr 12minutes

Legs are suffering now, everytime its a mental battle the pain is worse!! :O Am thinking its time to try and relish this walking then the pain may be slightly less :p haha

Back to it today! Got to get serious, had a few setbacks over past couple of months but am back to it now :)

8th May 7.09 miles 2 hours 6 mins :D

Hi Chala, well done for 7 miles!! I've started walking my son to nursery each day which is 1.5 miles each way. I do it twice per day and push him and his baby brother in a double pushchair. The nursery is at the bottom of a really steep hill so the return journey is tough going! Still, by doing this and following slimming world I've lost 5lbs in 5 days!! Long may it continue ;-)

Thats Great! Well done to you!!! Keep it up chuck, I love walking, makes me feel good, hurts after mind but its worth it haha x

Out again tonight, yesterdays walk is still hurting tho :/ Painful at the end but glad I did it.

9th May 4.14 miles 1hr 16 mins Struggled twards the end, was a hrd walk yesterday though so understandable really :)

Thnk you! It may seem like it but you should see me before we set off! Am like a bear with a sore behind haha

I find that walking really boosts my mood too. Just getting out in the fresh air and moving my butt improves my day no end!

Yeah me too but sometimes its hard work just to get out of the door but my hubby isa good butt kicker haha :)

Well am back!! After a couple of weeks having fallen out with myself I have had a stern talkin to myself and am back on it!!!

29th May 6.88 miles 2hr 9 mins :)

I've just found your thread and I'll tag along if you don't mind. I've started walking to help with my weight loss as well. I just need to sort out my pedometer as it's decided it dosen't want to play anymore ;(
I managed to do a walk yesterday in 1hr15mins that took me 2hrs at the beging of the month!!

I've just found your thread and I'll tag along if you don't mind. I've started walking to help with my weight loss as well. I just need to sort out my pedometer as it's decided it dosen't want to play anymore ;(
I managed to do a walk yesterday in 1hr15mins that took me 2hrs at the beging of the month!!

Thats FAB! More the merrier! Its the only exercise I enjoy and it feels better for being free! haha As long as we keep moving it has to be to our benefit! :) Take care and WALK ON!!! :D

Thanks Chala.. I also do Zumba which I love great fun but I'm lucky that I live in the Cotswolds so no excuss for not walking really although some of the hills are killers. I'm starting the 30 Day Shred this week as well...That might just finish me off :-0

Well great weather today, rain, rain and more rain! haha took the dog out for a walk, we were soaked when we got back but enjoyed it so much. :)

30th May 3.82 miles 1hr 24 minutes

Back