Changes from french to english book

Oh, that's a great price, Jo. Looks like it has all the new additions too.:D

Be interested to hear if the new french book is in line with the english book/website etc...or different again? Its all good to know, xx

I don't think I could face reading it again!

Ok ok I think I got too excited about this one. The 2010 French book is a 2010 revised edition and the English book is a translation of that edition - and a very close on at that, including introduction/preface etc. One chapter (the last one about the success of the diet and the forums and stuff) is a little bit different, and in a different place, in it some sections have been moved / removed/ but that's just verbose background info not essential diet stuff. Apart from that it is EXACTLY the same - down to paragraph and expressions used. Occasional brand names have been changed or removed and 'huile paraffine' has been replaced with 'vegetable oil'
Oatbran is measured in Soup spoons. 1.5 - 2 - 2.5 - 3 for all 4 phases.

It has several obvious typos that even I could spot at a glance - one being 'half a litre of water' in attack... the other (throughout) "une cuiller" (sic!) - I think someone fell victim to the autocorrect.

Anyway Jo, not sure you'd want it, unless you feel you need to have the full info on what the second generation of Dukanettes is working with!
I'll have another read to pay more attention to the contested areas of yoghurt and ham ;-)

Thanks a lot Anja... Interesting that he's dropped the paraffin oil for salad dressings, which I did buy my first time on Dukan but never even opened once I read of the possible side effects ("leakage"... ahem... and, should never be heated else is poisonous!!).

I shall look forward to hearing more...

That parrafin oil sounds...errm...tasty :) xx

Ugh!
I remember a B movie from the 30s where the heroine ordered a mineral oil dressing on her salad, as part of a diet. It must have been a fad back then, along with monkey gland injections, and purposely infecting yourself with tape worms

(Yes folks - weird diets have been around a long, long time)

Back