changing from dukan to ?diet.

misseveet

I have been on dukan since the end of June and lost around two stone. I reached my target weight just before Christmas but over the break put on a few pounds. I have since yo yod to between 3-7lbs over my target weight an getting veru frustrated, both with the diet and myself which usually results in me scoffing something very undukan. I am considering changing to another less restrictive eating plan which allows the treats I crave in moderation. Has anyone managed to change from dukan to another plan without piling it back on. If I do change I am assuming that slimming world and red days would be my best option!

Hi,

sorry to hear you're having such a hard time on the very last stretch. Not sure what exactly you are doing now but if you are still cruising then you should do at least some degree of consolidation period, which actually allows some of the thing you are craving (I presume) in prescribed quantities each day. If you have completed conso then you should be able to switch your eating habits to a different diet without an undue increase.

As for which other plan, that I can't say. I am not a diet expert having only done one proper spell of dukan in my life.

The only thing that has stabilised my weight since stopping Dukan is sticking to 1400 cals a day at the most and trying to do AT LEAST 30 mins of exercise a day but for me I can do up to 120mins a day easy!

I cut out carbs like potatoes, rice and pasta for a while but try not to eat them if i can help it!

I would go for sw red days, its very close to Dukan but youre allowed a few extras that you may be missing with Dukan.
theres been a few days where ive been out or away and havent been able to follow Dukan 100%
however these days have still been very good sw red days:)

Hi

I'm in a similar position in the sense that I'm switching from Dukan to another diet. A friend of mine has SW material so will have a read through next week and go from there.

Good luck!

Sammy

I lost 7 stone on the SW red plan mainly. I read the Dukan board every day because it's very similar to SW red plan. Oatbran is a Healthy extra B choice on SW and I love the muffins.

sorry to see you leaving dukan so soon sammy good luck on your new diet

Back