Changing Tastebuds?

Ally89

Gold Member
Ok this is a kinda weird question, but since i've been on slimming world my tastebuds seem to change week by week. One week I will hate iceburg lettuce, the next love it. I've hated tangerines for years, last week i tried one again and loved it, now this week i've gone off them again. Anyone else found that their tastebuds changing on a regular basis?

Ok this is a kinda weird question, but since i've been on slimming world my tastebuds seem to change week by week. One week I will hate iceburg lettuce, the next love it. I've hated tangerines for years, last week i tried one again and loved it, now this week i've gone off them again. Anyone else found that their tastebuds changing on a regular basis?

I wish my taste buds would help me like fruit!! and I really wish they would start to dislike chocolate, pastry, buns & crisps!! :rolleyes:

Yep mine have slightly, but then I used to drink an unhealthy amount of coke, but after a couple of weeks in SW I now find that I can't actually handle fizzy drinks, not keen on the taste or the fizz.

Also I always hated pears, now love them.

Yes I have found that I taste things like sugar and sweetness a lot more now, and need less sweetness to enjoy things than i did :)

I also like yoghurts a lot more as I didn't really enjoy them before and not keen on strawberrys, prefer apples which i never really ate before lol

I haven't eaten beans or bananas since I was little. Always swore I hated them. Made myself try them and now I have them most days!!! Not together though!! :)

:clap::clap::clap:And I used to need loads of milk and sugar in porridge. Now I can make it up with water to cook it in then just add a little skimmed milk and no sugar!! How did that happen???

Joking apart, since my weight loss - I no longer have butter and cant stand it when I do - I used to like hot toast with butter SLICED onto it!

I love choccy but after chocfest ( aka Christmas) I dont really crave it anymore. x

Back