CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Tuesday 11th March

Well its certainly got colder again! I am sitting here feeling the chill.

So its my GBK lunch today, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited about it! I have been to the gym this morning and feeling great about myself once more! :character00115: :whacky068:

Alas, I have just been invited to lunch by my boss on Thursday, this should feel me with joy, but its another meal out somewhere probably bad the day before weigh in - but you know, you can't put a hold on life and it is lovely of her to invite me out (its our belated Christmas lunch!), and then my bigger boss has invited me out for a thank you lunch (we just won a big case) next Friday 21st! I am already out in the evening having an Indian with my friends! Will naughty food ever end!!!!!

Hi lovey! Believe it or not Mick made that Nandos chicken himself! Quite the chef eh? We just used the wet Nando Sauce to marinade, spatchcock the chicken and stick it in the oven for an hour. Its our Monday night treat, Nandos (Mickdos)Chicken, SW chips and salad - we did used to have the half chicken each, but the real Nandos Chickens are tiny, almost pigeon sized in comparison to a Tescos bird! So we realised how greedy it was and save the other half for the next day. We eat this whilst watching Hawaii 5-0 - its a thing we do! What is a black Nandos card and why haven't I got one?! We do eat Nandos at least twice a month, it used to be every week before I you tubed how to spatchcock my own!! I know re. Thrush - I get so depressed when it creeps up on me, not only the annoyance of it but more the knowledge that I know I am going to get 100% ripped off with the treatment! I have to say it is good stuff though I am already feeling a lot 'happier' downstairs! I never realised Sains did their own treatment, I have used their allergy tablets before, you get loads in a packet and they are really cheap and good! x

Mickdo's lol!

A black card is what they give to celebs so they get everything free, not at all jealous. Dappy apparently had a food fight in there so they took it away. Knob.

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better. Thrush is so aggravating! X

Havent got time to properly catch up but food looks so yum!! *drool*

I still dont feel confident in a bikini- or even my tankini! My tummy is all flabby and the skin is a bit wrinkly/loose :/ but I think I'll get over that once I've got a bit of a tan on it, need to get myself my first bikini for travels coming up (and of course a back up swimming cozzy for when I chicken out lol!) wish I had some of your confidence!
X

Havent got time to properly catch up but food looks so yum!! *drool*

I still dont feel confident in a bikini- or even my tankini! My tummy is all flabby and the skin is a bit wrinkly/loose :/ but I think I'll get over that once I've got a bit of a tan on it, need to get myself my first bikini for travels coming up (and of course a back up swimming cozzy for when I chicken out lol!) wish I had some of your confidence!
X

You can do it Sophie, think of how far you have come. Think that not many people are "bikini ready" and so what if they are - there are many more people like you and like me and like many people in between our weights that aren't and who don't give a hoot - so why should we?! I spent too many years of my life worrying about this and that. I don't want you to do the same, my 20s were mainly full of worry and fear of what others think and how others see me.

Food today:

B - Banana And boiled egg

S - Half a punnet of grapes

L - GBK - burger, a few chips, three onion rings and three small chunks of grilled Halloumi. The skinny chips were like shoestrings and I got fed up picking them up!!! They were deep fried and probs ten times worse than regular chips, so I only had a few - it was delicious

D - Chicken and Broccoli Noodles

image-2999900904.jpg

Snack - Orange and a few chips and dips from my nieces tea party

Another great food day, but not a great 'diet' day!

Ps. Look at the size of my banana! A full 9 inches

image-3863826560.jpg

Food sounds amazing today! Never been GBK! Well done not falling face first into the trough and writing the rest of the day off though!

Banana is huge. I love a good bigun. Although (please don't think of me as a racist) that one is far too brown for me. Yuk!! It would taste all banana-ey and mushy. Bleurgh!!

Food sounds amazing today! Never been GBK! Well done not falling face first into the trough and writing the rest of the day off though! Banana is huge. I love a good bigun. Although (please don't think of me as a racist) that one is far too brown for me. Yuk!! It would taste all banana-ey and mushy. Bleurgh!!

You banana racist you!!! I like a brown one! The older they get the sweeter they taste. Overripe is the way to go.

I hate bananas. I'm trying to pluck up the courage to keep eating them in the hope I'll crap. 9" banana is immense!

Mega jealous of your meal today Charley. Mind you I am on food withdrawal so am in full food lust mode! Luckily I am squeezing in a mini magnum shortly ;-) xx

Omg that is the worst autocorrect ever. This is what happens when you're drying your hair with one hand and on minis on the other. Sorry lol.

I think I meant crack? Erm... Awkward ha ha. X

You can do it Sophie, think of how far you have come. Think that not many people are "bikini ready" and so what if they are - there are many more people like you and like me and like many people in between our weights that aren't and who don't give a hoot - so why should we?! I spent too many years of my life worrying about this and that. I don't want you to do the same, my 20s were mainly full of worry and fear of what others think and how others see me.

Wise words as always!
To be honest (TMI) I'm more shy about my stretch marks and hariness than anything! Will have a good wax before I head off but I get like manly amounts of fuzz (damn pcos!)

I hope I shake out of the fearing people's judgement thing soon like you did! It is so constricting a way to live! X

Omg that is the worst autocorrect ever. This is what happens when you're drying your hair with one hand and on minis on the other. Sorry lol.

I think I meant crack? Erm... Awkward ha ha. X

:8855: Oh my that made me laugh - such course discussion for my delicate diary!!!!

I can't believe people don't like bananas, they are like life lines in their own packaging!

HAVE A BANANA!
:8855:

Wise words as always!
To be honest (TMI) I'm more shy about my stretch marks and hariness than anything! Will have a good wax before I head off but I get like manly amounts of fuzz (damn pcos!)

I hope I shake out of the fearing people's judgement thing soon like you did! It is so constricting a way to live! X

Oh Soph,

I never realised you had PCOS - I have had it since I was 17. I used to be so hairy and shapeless. It was a horrible time for me, I had course hair all over my chin, chest and bottom. My periods stopped too. My mum begged for me to go to the docs, but I wouldn't, then one day I walked in (oh I also had a very angry type of acne, my face was covered) and the lady doc took one look at me and told me what it was. In those days not much was known about it - I was told I would not be able to have children and was put on a course of electrolysis and put on Dianette. My physical symptoms disappeared as quickly as they turned up! I have been on Dianette ever since and I turn 38 this year. I have never had any adverse affect from them and to me, they are my saviour - I hated myself back then and was too scared to wear anything low cut....

I remember once I was invited to go to some seaside town for the weekend with my older sister and her friends. I confided in my sister that I didn't want to wear a vest or swim suit because of my hairy chest (it wasn't like Tom Selleck or anything, but it was noticeable!) so she advised me to get it waxed. So I went to a friends salon and she did it for me. The next day I woke up and my raging male hormones had obviously not taken too kindly to my waxing, so instead of hair on my chest, I had pulsating yellow head spots right the way across my chest! It was so awful, I had to cover up the whole weekend anyway. And it was a really gorgeously sunny weekend. I was so sad.

My Dianette sorted me out good and proper. Have you tried Dianette? I had some hormone tests and a scan of my ovaries last year for the first time since my diagnosis almost 20 years ago, and you know what? My ovaries are completely cyst free now! They reckon the years of being on Dianette blasted them away. I remain on the pill because it is now just my contraception. But it was my lifeline I have to say.

xxx

Wednesday 12th March

I hope everyone is good and well today. My little irritation is slowly going, still a little itchy though! I am due on in the next couple of days - oh the joys of being female...."sometimes its hard to be a womaaaaan".

I am aiming for a good day food wise. Nothing exciting planned today, work (yawn) and then hair trimmed tonight after work (yawn).

Tomorrow is going to be a tough food day, only for lunch really. My boss Alex is taking me to this place: http://www.dishoom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1308_Shoreditch_Menu.pdf

It looks like I could possibly keep it low key-ish if I want to. I will try and stay away from anything deep fried/battered and aim for the grilled section.

xxx

I am also a fellow hairy...it's awful :(

I went to the Dr's years ago, they tested my hormone levels and said they were ok, but they must have not been at some point to cause the hair...but although they were ok, the hair won't reverse itself :(

My thighs are the worst and when I'm going away, I brave getting them waxed but only by the same person who's done them before...but I'm always cringing! And I dunno what I'll do if she leaves the salon!
My belly is bad too but then I used to shave it so that didn't help!

I often try to wax myself and had my OH doing the backs of my legs the other week (god it just be love lol) but for years, I used hair removing cream which done me NO favours...it's just easier!

I don't have a big huge muzza but do bleach my top lip...the only reason I don't wax it is cos when I'm 80, and in a home, the staff or any family I have to visit might not sort it out and I'd end up with a big long thing...pics of small Chinese man with loooong moustache flashing thru my mind right now! Pmsl! Not to mention the nickname the nurses would have for me lol

Not funny at all though...it's humiliating and I never go swimming unless my kegs are done...but with the waxing comes scars, lumps and bumps from ingrown hairs...pah!! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am also a fellow hairy...it's awful :(

I went to the Dr's years ago, they tested my hormone levels and said they were ok, but they must have not been at some point to cause the hair...but although they were ok, the hair won't reverse itself :(

My thighs are the worst and when I'm going away, I brave getting them waxed but only by the same person who's done them before...but I'm always cringing! And I dunno what I'll do if she leaves the salon!
My belly is bad too but then I used to shave it so that didn't help!

I often try to wax myself and had my OH doing the backs of my legs the other week (god it just be love lol) but for years, I used hair removing cream which done me NO favours...it's just easier!

I don't have a big huge muzza but do bleach my top lip...the only reason I don't wax it is cos when I'm 80, and in a home, the staff or any family I have to visit might not sort it out and I'd end up with a big long thing...pics of small Chinese man with loooong moustache flashing thru my mind right now! Pmsl! Not to mention the nickname the nurses would have for me lol

Not funny at all though...it's humiliating and I never go swimming unless my kegs are done...but with the waxing comes scars, lumps and bumps from ingrown hairs...pah!! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The things we have to suffer. I really wish I could let it all grow and not bother with it. It's the facial hair that bothers me the most. It sucks xx

Food today:

B - Bacon in a wholemeal roll, with ketchup and butter

L - Mammoth but healthy lunch!! I had smoked mackerel, salad and avocado drenched in balsamic vinegar and I had a cup of miso soup and a pot of edamame beans! Totes terrific!

image-1481180825.jpg

S - Grapes and another 9 inch banana

D - Gammon Steak, Egg, Jacket Spud and Salad

image-423921988.jpg

S - More grapes

A good food day today

Charley, no matter how full I am, seeing your food pics always give me food envy! xx

Back