CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Tuesday 25th March

Hi all. I haven't been around much these last few days - it's been my usual weekend of eating and drinking!! Must get out of this habit. It resulted yesterday afternoon in me having heart palpitations - I googled it and it said that having it in short bursts could be from eating rich and/ or spicy foods and drinking alcohol - which sounds very much like my weekend!

So yesterday's foods:

B - Two skinless chicken thighs - an odd choice for breakfast but I needed to eat them or chuck them

L - A Fuller Longer meal from M&S it was ham and mash and veg in a mustard sauce and it was really nice and did the job of keeping me relatively full

image-1953117795.jpg

Then for afternoon snack I had:

image-1819513707.jpg

D - quarter breast chicken - I took the skin off - salad and a few chips with sweet chilli and Nandos medium sauce

image-6439912.jpg

So this came to 1223 cals, so I was under but I never counted the chips as Mick added those and I couldn't be bothered to figure it out!

OH and I have a new juicer! I test run it with 6 carrots, half cucumber and a chunk of ginger. I haven't worked out the cals yet, but I have found a great website that does it all for you.

As a result of my juice, I think it has - ahem - cleansed my colon a little too much this morning, I went three times, have an upset stomach and missed my train!!! I have immodiumed myself up and had another juice this morning! Here is my pretty new juicer

image-2097360409.jpg

Have a great Tuesday y'all

Rosa, Mrs S, Stacey - thanks ladies - I am so pleased I no longer live with a married man!! They split years before I met him but just never got round to it. It never really bothered me because she lives in America and there is nothing between them, no home or children or anything. I just thought it was a little disrespectful to me that he never dealt with it years ago. Oh well it's done now.

I can imahine it being exciting to try something new- I've been considering CC too but I think I'd get overwhelmed :eek: it is really nice on 5:2 days having non SW stuff though! Man, I've been awful at keeping up with diaries too- gets harder as you follow more people on here doesnt it?! X

I have to admit, altho at the same time I hate to admit this, but I am loving being able to eat the odd ready meal and proper snacks, not just fruit! I must remember not to fall into the trap of substituting naughty snacks for fruit, hence why I am bringing back my juicing, it makes me feel less guilty!!

Yes, I find it difficult keeping up with diaries, I usually read them, but responding can be time consuming!

Beautiful pics on FB by the way Soph, you look stunning in that dress!!

What size was it again???? Oh yes it was a tiny size 10!!!!!! Whoop whoop xxxx

Ooooog get you on the juicer :) i hate carrots. They are the name of my life. My mum still always puts them on a roast dinner "for a bit of colour" but I don't like them!!! Luckily she doesn't cook for us very often or world war 3 could break out.

Mick is prob too laid back to do anything in a speedy manner by the sounds of it? Gaz has been trying to research his family tree and found out Sunday evening his dad was married to someone else before his mum. Awkward. We think he might have a sister too. He wants to contact the woman because his dad died when he was 15 and he wants to talk to her about his dad as he feels like he missed out knowing him in anything but a parent role? We can't find any trace of the woman though. She doesn't have a birth record or anything. When we were looking I was thinking I wish he'd never looked. It's a big old can of worms to me but we'll see what he does next I suppose xx

Ooooog get you on the juicer :) i hate carrots. They are the name of my life. My mum still always puts them on a roast dinner "for a bit of colour" but I don't like them!!! Luckily she doesn't cook for us very often or world war 3 could break out.

Mick is prob too laid back to do anything in a speedy manner by the sounds of it? Gaz has been trying to research his family tree and found out Sunday evening his dad was married to someone else before his mum. Awkward. We think he might have a sister too. He wants to contact the woman because his dad died when he was 15 and he wants to talk to her about his dad as he feels like he missed out knowing him in anything but a parent role? We can't find any trace of the woman though. She doesn't have a birth record or anything. When we were looking I was thinking I wish he'd never looked. It's a big old can of worms to me but we'll see what he does next I suppose xx

Oh wow, what a reveal! Poor Gaz. Why didn't his mum tell him? There are so many secrets that lie in a family, sometimes its best to keep them that way. Although how interesting that he may have a half sister. I have to say I would be curious though and try and find out more. What if though he approaches the woman and she doesn't want him to meet his sister because maybe she thinks the dad she has now is her real dad? Its all very Long Lost Family, I love that show. Sad that Gaz lost his dad so young. I hope he finds out what he needs to feel satisfied.

Oh wow, what a reveal! Poor Gaz. Why didn't his mum tell him? There are so many secrets that lie in a family, sometimes its best to keep them that way. Although how interesting that he may have a half sister. I have to say I would be curious though and try and find out more. What if though he approaches the woman and she doesn't want him to meet his sister because maybe she thinks the dad she has now is her real dad? Its all very Long Lost Family, I love that show. Sad that Gaz lost his dad so young. I hope he finds out what he needs to feel satisfied.

I don't know why she didn't? She's not giving anything away about it. I get it was before they were together but still.

Yes I said to him to think very carefully about it all. I spoke to him today and and he said he's not going to pursue anything as he's got enough shiz with pain in the ar*e family as is lol.

My friends son doesn't know his 'dad' isn't his dad. Everyone else knows. That's just a huge accident waiting to happen. He's about 25 now?

Meant to say earlier chicken thighs for Brekkie sound ace. I love stuff like that for breakfast.

There is currently a humongous bumble bee repeatedly flying into my car window. It's shut obviously but eeek! X

I don't know why she didn't? She's not giving anything away about it. I get it was before they were together but still.

Yes I said to him to think very carefully about it all. I spoke to him today and and he said he's not going to pursue anything as he's got enough shiz with pain in the ar*e family as is lol.

My friends son doesn't know his 'dad' isn't his dad. Everyone else knows. That's just a huge accident waiting to happen. He's about 25 now?

Meant to say earlier chicken thighs for Brekkie sound ace. I love stuff like that for breakfast.

There is currently a humongous bumble bee repeatedly flying into my car window. It's shut obviously but eeek! X

Hmm, probably wise to keep away from it all at the moment, but I can't imagine he will forget it entirely, it may be something he feel he will have to revisit in the future, especially if there is someone out there sharing his DNA.

Yes, I really enjoyed it (the thighs!) although I ate it secretly at my desk because I didn't want people to go "eerrggh chicken for breakfast?!" I have a packet of mackerel in the fridge at home (I know, not your thang at all) and I checked the cal content - for one fillet it is well over 200!! I couldn't believe it. I might have to neck one of them for breakkie tomorrow, but I am not entirely sure I could actually stomach fish for breakfast...

food pics look lovely huni :) and i'm sorry...but i lol'd at the juicing story. so it's good for you then yeah? :giggle: x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know!!! It's most certainly good for you, my toilet and the train station's toilet would not agree!!!! X

Wednesday 26th March

Hello all, I hope we are all well. I realised that I never posted my foods for yesterday:

B - Juice, it contained this

image-710824654.jpg

Looked like this

image-1002565897.jpg

And tasted like this

image-2451549127.jpg

Nah, it wasn't too bad really. I found a great juicer website which gives you an indication of how many cals and nutrients are in your juices. You just add the ingredients and it calculates it all for you:

image-2122782212.jpg

Snack: 2 slices of ham

Lunch: Thai Green Curry from M&S - altho it was delish it didn't keep me fuller for longer!!

image-3363891616.jpg

I also had a coconut water

Snack: cheese and onion discs from Shapers and a strawberry nougat bar

D - Chicken leg, mash and salad with sweet chilli dressing

image-1449538800.jpg

Snack - large orange

I had 1569 cals yest, so slightly over but hey whose (calorie) counting!!!!

So today is our meal out, Mick got a nice bonus so he is treating me to a slap up meal...actually it's more down and dirty food, we are going to a beer and meat restaurant!! Ribs Wings Burgers and Beer - as Julie Andrews once sang about, these are a few of my favourite things!!!!

I will obvs not be on plan tonight but I will be good up until the , I wanna be hungry for our feast.

B - one slice ham and lc light tri sandwich

L - Covent Garden Company Soup

D - MEAT! - I will take some pics!

Have a great day all

Thursday 27th March

Morning all, so yesterday's food:

B - one slice ham and laughing cow light sanga

image-2585206680.jpg

L - Covent Garden Company Haddock Chowder Soup - amazing!!!

image-2329335778.jpg

Snack - Shapers Bacon Fries

At this stage I had had 911 cals remaining - then I had this:

image-1685277710.jpg

image-347044783.jpg

image-1666661762.jpg

image-3380681525.jpg

It was immense! We shared the wings, which were tiny but amazing, the blue cheese dressing was the best I had ever tasted, then the mains came, the mac n cheese was lovely, but tasted a little like a pasta n sauce!!!

All in all the dinner beat me, I left one rib and half the mac. Oh and two pints of cider!

Back on it today.

Yikes that looks amazing! The ribs looked pretty huge and good.

Oh and that bucket of fries has me salivating at 9:45am. Ha.

Glad you had a nice time :) xx

Wow!! I'm loving all the foodie photos. You seem to be doing well with the calorie counting! I bet it mixes it up a bit for you too. Keep going xx

Back