CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Sounds like you're in a great place mentally, that's half of the battle won I think. You've got such a healthy way of looking at things, far better to be healthy on the inside and outside than lose loads of weight super quickly and deprive yourself of all the vitamins and minerals you need. Christmas cruise sounds fantastic, where are you off? I always find holidays a great motivation, as well as being able to wear some lovely clothes its also nice to just reflect on things and get away for a while. Fab that you have the gym membership already. I'm planning on joining on pay day, do you do classes or just use the gym area? I'm looking for some classes that won't be too intense to start with, any ideas? x

Thanks. I think I know what I need to do, it's just executing it is a struggle - I always have such fan intentions - sadly in the past I have been a giver-upper. The way I feel right now I want to say 'well not anymore - I am gonna crack it this time' but i have said that so many times and failed, I get embarrassed to come back on here. So I am not making myself any promises, I am just going to ride it out slowly and gently and no pressure - I saw on you diary that you are competitive - I am the opposite!

Well done for making that leap and joining a gym - I don't do any classes I am afraid. I don't actually enjoy classes too much. There are some tough ones out there at the mo that I wouldn't jump straight into yet - Boqwa and metafit are tough, I wouldn't start with those. I did enjoy Zumba if you like a boogie, so would recommend that and also Pilates is supposed to be good and gentle. I have kettlebells that Mick got me for Xmas and a DVD which contains 5 different sessions of 10 min workouts - easy, I thought - I did the first one and walked like I had been b*ggered by a rhino for days!!! Aqua aerobics is another one - I see you like your swimming, so you would enjoy this.

Keep me updated on what you decide when you join! X

hahah...i can't stop giggling...b*ggered by a rhino...pmsl x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds like you're in a great place mentally, that's half of the battle won I think. You've got such a healthy way of looking at things, far better to be healthy on the inside and outside than lose loads of weight super quickly and deprive yourself of all the vitamins and minerals you need. Christmas cruise sounds fantastic, where are you off? I always find holidays a great motivation, as well as being able to wear some lovely clothes its also nice to just reflect on things and get away for a while. Fab that you have the gym membership already. I'm planning on joining on pay day, do you do classes or just use the gym area? I'm looking for some classes that won't be too intense to start with, any ideas? x

Oh I forgot to mention the cruise, we are going on 13th December!!!!

Xx

Well ladies if you had ever been b*ggered by a rhino, you would be feeling my pain!!!!

Food today

Morning: Swim - 30 lengths in 30 mins

B - 2 LMc sausages and a boiled egg with a heart shapes splodge of ketchup

image-2531080107.jpg

L - Roast veg bolognese with rice and grated cheese - an odd mix but it was leftovers made good!

image-3594751808.jpg

Snack - greek Yog and honey

I wanted to go to the gym, but it is so damn cold - I decided to do a 10 min kettlebell workout, better than nothing - I even roped Mick to have a go, he lasted 6 mins - story of my life ?!!!!!

D - Gammon Steak, fried egg jacket potato and salad

image-1900759281.jpg

image-3618510141.jpg

It was so tasty I had to show y'all two pics of it!!!

Dessert - Mango

I know I am a meany to Mick!! I don't mean it I love him to bits and couldn't ask for a better man...there, I am being all lovey dovey for vally day!

Friday 14th Feb :scale: - weigh in day. 2lbs gone! :party0011: I know its only 2lbs, but I am going to celebrate every loss, no matter how big or small.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE! :love:

I hope you are all feeling the love today. I meant to do a workout DVD this morning, but I could not get out of bed!

So food today:

B - early am one boiled egg
- in work a big bowl of porridge

L - Same as yesterday - roasted veg bolonese mixed with rice, with grated cheese on top.

D - We have our M&S dine in for two meal :candledinner:

Starters - Thai Fish Cakes with Side Salad
Mains - Duck a l'orange with chips
Dessert - Millionaires Shortbread
Washed down with a bottle of Cava and a small box of chocs.

Tomorrow I am going to swim all that naughtiness away in the morning!

Cheers Sugar!

ps. I forgot to mention, I measured myself this morning, my Arms/Chest/Waist/Round my belly button (biggest bit of me)/Hips and Upper Thigh - the numbers were hideously high and I am completely out of shape context-wise - if I crudely drew the size elements I would look very odd indeed. My waist and hips are roughly the same, my bust slightly smaller and my middle is bigger than all three - the michelin man springs to mind!

That's ok though because I am going to turn that into much smaller michellin man in a few months!!!!

Cheers Sugar!

ps. I forgot to mention, I measured myself this morning, my Arms/Chest/Waist/Round my belly button (biggest bit of me)/Hips and Upper Thigh - the numbers were hideously high and I am completely out of shape context-wise - if I crudely drew the size elements I would look very odd indeed. My waist and hips are roughly the same, my bust slightly smaller and my middle is bigger than all three - the michelin man springs to mind!

That's ok though because I am going to turn that into much smaller michellin man in a few months!!!!

You can do it xx

Firstly - well done on 2lbs off :)

secondly - good work on the measurements, you're braver than me

thirdly - enjoy your meal tonight ;-)

Cheers everybody - Happy Friday, happy Valentines Day and here's to a safe, sound and storm-free evening.

image-3454924320.jpg

image-3268086034.jpg

Xxxxxxx

Saturday 15th Feb

Well we had a lovely meal last night. I can't say it was romantic, I did half expect some flowers and he knows that I like Valentines day, even if he doesn't. He said there wasn't any around, I suggest that there was a Morrisons on the way home from work, he said 'I am not getting you flowers from there, I would rather get you nothing!' I took this to heart that he would rather get me nothing than some flowers from a supermarket. It made me feel a bit sad - mind you I had had a drink so I was a little tiddly.

I felt sad and went to bed early because I didn't want him to know he had upset me. I still feel a bit upset about it, but I guess l just have to accept that he doesn't do Valentines Day. He is generous to me for birthdays and christmas, he spends lots of money on me, this day just doesn't mean anything to him, which I translated that I don't mean anything to him, which is wrong, because I know he loves me. You would just think he would do something to make me happy - never mind.

So, today I am shortly going to go to the gym, then I will come back and tidy up and that's really it for the today, no plans. Food wise:

B - duck egg on toast, just one of each.

L - Prawn and Avocado Cocktail Salad

D - Mexican Pork and Rice dish.

Have a good day all. I am going to try and cheer myself up. I know I am being daft, I just saw all myself friends on FB, showing off their flowers and I felt left out!

Aww hun big hugs. I would of felt the same. I felt bad cos Chris got me a card but I didn't have chance to go get him one . But I would of felt the same as you its not where the flowers come from its the thought that counts. I hope you feel better today. Xx

Aww hun big hugs. I would of felt the same. I felt bad cos Chris got me a card but I didn't have chance to go get him one . But I would of felt the same as you its not where the flowers come from its the thought that counts. I hope you feel better today. Xx

Thank hun, having sent the morning on my own, I am feeling better - thanks for the cyber hugs!!

Xxx

Back