CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

I'm also Charlotte. And I was called Charley Barley when I was little. I was obsessed with rusks so they'd say Charley Barleys eating Farleys.

Ahh, thats so cute and funny, I loved Farleys too!

Well done on your weight loss so far, is it all from SW? Where in Saff London are you?

Yeah cineworld is so great. Their individual tickets cost £10.30 though - mental! Haha I love that you'd pick a house location based on the distance to Cineworld :)
I havent seen 12 years a slave no, I really want to but ever since I studied black civil rights at school/college I've found it really traumatises me so I might wait til it's on DVD so I can pause it and gather my emotions! Haha. What did you think of Wolf of Wall Street?

Ahhh I'm sorry! I'm glad you're not near it though seeing how much you hate it! There are definitely TOWIE-sequel people in every single town. Jealous you live so close to Lakeside and Bluewater though - I'm saving a trip there for when I'm a skinny Minnie (and hopefully rich!). I like going out in Brighton, just out to a place called Shaka Zulu in Camden at the weekend, have you ever been?

Nooo, you must do something, even if it's a girls night in with a film and a bottle of wine! Haha. I'm sure they'll organise something lovely for you :)

Amazing work on your 5lb loss over 2 weeks, that's fab! I've lost my mojo a bit :( many congrats to you though!

If you studied black civil rights in school, then I would recommend you see it, even if you do wait until DVD, it is an amazing piece of work, it was very well written and acted. But I found it very traumatising, the sort of film that stays with you.

I LOVE SHAKA ZULU!!!!!! We went there a few months ago, recommended by a friend from work, we only went for a drink but ended up staying for hours!! It is brilliant there, one of a kind. I would love to eat there one day. The menu is crazy!

You will get your mojo back love, maybe you need a goal, or an aim? Do you have a diary? I have an aim, but it is so far away that I keep cheating thinking that it won't matter.... we are going on a cruise this Christmas, it will be our 3rd and we love them so so much. Last time I was a bit small than I am now.

This time I want to be roughly 4stone lighter. I want my old summer clothes to fit me, I want to be comfortable in the plane seat. I want to wear a bikini - I haven't worn a bikini since I was 13 years old! I will be 38 by the time we go on the cruise, its time to get my belly brown! Don't get me wrong, there was bigger women than me that wear bikinis, but I cannot do it. There was this one lady last year who was really big and everyone was staring at her and muttering comments, but she never gave a sh!t - she was also burnt to an absolute crisp which didn't help! I don't think badly of her, in fact I would like some of her confidence and self belief. A friend of mine is a similar size to me and she always wears a bikini - her words to me were "brown fat is better than white fat"!!! What a way to think, I am in awe of people who do what they like. I wear clothes that are baggy, not at all fitted, which I know makes me look bigger than I am, but I just feel uncomfortable with people seeing my lumps and bumps. I want this to change, maybe if I shifted a few stone I would feel a bit more better about these things.

Wednesday 12 Feb

Ok, so Valentines Day update, I caved in and decided to take control of matters, seeing as Mick is pretty darn useless - although, bless him he made a small effort to book Las Iguanas near us, 4 days before V day and could only get a table for 5pm! I told him that what I really wanted was a night in and a night romantic meal, I suggested the M&S dine for two deal - such a good deal. So before the cinema we went over to M&S and bought the following:

Starters: Thai Fishcakes
Main: Duck a l'orange and chips
Pud: Millionaire Shortbread
With a bottle of Cava and a small box of chocolates, all for £20! Bargain.

Got to the till and I ended up paying! He did go to put his hand to his wallet, but I have just been paid so I said "I will pay" thinking he would put up a fight he just said "you sure? thanks babe" and that was that! Romantic? Mick? Nah!

So this is going to clearly be a naughty night (foodwise!) and whilst I was on a friend's diary, who is struggling a little with lots of evenings out and staying on track, I gave her some advice, which I am going to also abide by. I am not going to be led by a diet, I am not going to go out and choose healthy options and be miserable, I have done this and I end up feeling unsatified, I have also done the "eat what you want, you are on a night out for goodness sake" thing, which is admittedly what I always do these days!! What I am going to stop doing is sabotaging my whole day if my evening is going to be bad, nor do I make up for it the next day by being good, or working it off at the gym, so this is what I am going to do:

WEDNESDAY = BE GOOD ALL DAY
THURSDAY = Go swimming in the morning (Stacey, this is thanks to your idea!), BE GOOD ALL DAY, go to the gym in th evening (even if it is just for 30 mins cardio)
FRIDAY = Do the kettlebell workout DVD at home in the morning, BE GOOD ALL DAY, and have my naughty night in the evening.
SATURDAY = Go swimming in the morning and BE GOOD ALL DAY

This should counterbalance the Friday naughty. I vow to stick to this, and when the next hurdle comes I will try this again.

So food today:

B - Banana and greek Yog with honey and granola

L - jacket potato and tuna and cheese and salad

image-3223305855.jpg

Snack - sweet paprika popcorn and satsuma

D - Caribbean Beef Stew with rice and broccoli

image-4230003652.jpg

Snack - Apple and orange

oooh that baked potato looks yummy!!! :drool: x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It really was. If was actually my first jacket spud without butter!!! A big deal for me as I love my butter. I would like to say that I didn't miss it .... I did!!!! It was still nice tho. X

Have you tried them butter buds from Lakeland Charley? I wasn't keen but I know lots of people use them all the time? They're like a little sachet of dried butter that when you add to moist food like a jacket potato get rehydrated x

Have you tried them butter buds from Lakeland Charley? I wasn't keen but I know lots of people use them all the time? They're like a little sachet of dried butter that when you add to moist food like a jacket potato get rehydrated x

Yeah, I have had them in the past and they are pretty good - but I made a decision to not eat any more chemically enhanced foods. I would rather have a small amount of proper butter than anything else, I have stopped with marg's/low fat cheeses/fat free yogs etc. in favour of smaller amounts of the real thing. I still drink Pepsi Max, but thats because I prefer it to the real thing and I only have the odd glass. But when I have my greek yog and honey, its only a couple of tbps of greek yog now. I can deal with no butter on my spud, its something I will get used to - I cannot deal with dry toast / sandwiches though! Small changes...

Oh yeah that's a good idea - all that processed stuff is not good for you. I'd love to have real butter! But then I'd need some crusty bread to put it on lol! My mum came home 2 Fridays ago with a loaf of freshly baked Stilton and cranberry crusty bread I was so gutted I made her put it in the freezer to stop me munching it x

Oh yeah that's a good idea - all that processed stuff is not good for you. I'd love to have real butter! But then I'd need some crusty bread to put it on lol! My mum came home 2 Fridays ago with a loaf of freshly baked Stilton and cranberry crusty bread I was so gutted I made her put it in the freezer to stop me munching it x

Wow thats some kinda strong willpower I could never possess! Where did she get that from, its sounds amazing! :drool:

Ha sorry if it gave you ideas! It's from sainsburys bakery dept. They do a plain cranberry one too :)

That is lethal knowledge! I am going there on Saturday morning to get our favourite granary seeded loaf - I must not be tempted! Their cinnamon buns always give me a wink while I am waiting for the baker to slice me loaf! ;)

Thursday 13th Feb

Well I am feeling quite a change in me, a really positive change... and you lot on here are the reason for my change. I have been reading diaries and isnt it funny, I give others advice, which I rarely heed myself!

After my mini-epiphany yesterday, I have decided that I need more structure in my life if I am going to shed some weight.

So without further ado, here are some things/ideas/crazy purchases I have done or will be doing in the future:

* 10 months, or 43 weeks from tomorrow I will be going on my Christmas Cruise. I could effectively and realistically lose between 43 and 86lbs, so between 3 and 6 stone. I would be delighted with a 5 stone loss, but totally content with a 3 stone loss. So this gives me leeway, this lessens any pressure that I am refusing to put on myself, because pressure has made me fail in the past.

* I want to be able to wear a tankini and/or bikini on my cruise. I haven't worn one since I was 13 and although I know I won't look anything like Kelly Brook in said bikini, I will still look like a big lady in a bikini but with me it's more a confidence thing and I am hoping by the time 13th December comes around, I will be feeling confident about my body shape enough to wear one. I have therefore just spent £160 on some bikinis from Simply Be! They are in a size 18 and I will try them on when they arrive to see how far I need to go - it won't be pretty, but sometimes you just have to shame yourself. I will show Mick (a big deal to me) and I will take my measurements.

* I want to be more active, this I can do because I have a gym membership and I intend to use it a lot more.

* I want to start making changes which aren't necessarily fat free/low in cals etc etc but which are beneficial to my organs, my bones and my brain. I have been watching/learning and reading up on vitamins you need to keep yourself away from pains and diseases later on in life. I see my mum who has had quite a few operations because of bad bones/arthiritis etc and I want to be strong and fit on the inside as well and the outside.

Thats it for now, I hope I can do all this, I feel really good about things at the moment, but then again I have done this in the past and only lasted a week! Lets see shall we?

Go Charley! We are all here behind you.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself and if the sh*t hits the fan, don't disappear, come and tell us about it.

We're all here for the same reason and we're all human :)

ps sorry for swearing on your diary!

Go Charley! We are all here behind you.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself and if the sh*t hits the fan, don't disappear, come and tell us about it.

We're all here for the same reason and we're all human :)

ps sorry for swearing on your diary!

Thanks Stacey. x

Ok, so I spent some of my lunch hour researching the web on vitamins I need to help me with the things I am concerned about for my later years...I spent a large chunk of my non-lunch hour (i.e. working day!) writing on other diaries as well!

So things that concern me in old age (heart disease and other weight related diseases notwithstanding because I am trying to do this already!):

Bones - apart from the obvious calcium, its magnesium - so I need to eat mackerel and avocado - both high in Mag.

Arthiritis - omega 3 - so I need to eat oily fish, esp. sardines (canned is fine I am assured)

Brain (inc. Memory and Dementia/Altheimers etc) - Vitamins B, B12 and E - Mackeral again (I am going to get a job lot!) and liver (love it), almonds and avocado again, and Coconut oil.

I am going to incoporate these things into my diet somehow. I already have avocados, but all the rest I don't eat very often. So in next weeks' shopping (this week is already ordered) I will include some of these and eat them with more regularity.

Am I crazy to be thinking about this stuff already? Ironically, I just told another minifriend that they over-analyse things.... POT KETTLE BLACK!

x

Hey Charleybarley, just popping by to sub! Well done with what you've achieved so far! x

Hey Charleybarley, just popping by to sub! Well done with what you've achieved so far! x

Hey Miss Sophie, welcome and thank you!!!!

I am hopping over to your diary posthaste!

Thursday 13th Feb

Well I am feeling quite a change in me, a really positive change... and you lot on here are the reason for my change. I have been reading diaries and isnt it funny, I give others advice, which I rarely heed myself!

After my mini-epiphany yesterday, I have decided that I need more structure in my life if I am going to shed some weight.

So without further ado, here are some things/ideas/crazy purchases I have done or will be doing in the future:

* 10 months, or 43 weeks from tomorrow I will be going on my Christmas Cruise. I could effectively and realistically lose between 43 and 86lbs, so between 3 and 6 stone. I would be delighted with a 5 stone loss, but totally content with a 3 stone loss. So this gives me leeway, this lessens any pressure that I am refusing to put on myself, because pressure has made me fail in the past.

* I want to be able to wear a tankini and/or bikini on my cruise. I haven't worn one since I was 13 and although I know I won't look anything like Kelly Brook in said bikini, I will still look like a big lady in a bikini but with me it's more a confidence thing and I am hoping by the time 13th December comes around, I will be feeling confident about my body shape enough to wear one. I have therefore just spent £160 on some bikinis from Simply Be! They are in a size 18 and I will try them on when they arrive to see how far I need to go - it won't be pretty, but sometimes you just have to shame yourself. I will show Mick (a big deal to me) and I will take my measurements.

* I want to be more active, this I can do because I have a gym membership and I intend to use it a lot more.

* I want to start making changes which aren't necessarily fat free/low in cals etc etc but which are beneficial to my organs, my bones and my brain. I have been watching/learning and reading up on vitamins you need to keep yourself away from pains and diseases later on in life. I see my mum who has had quite a few operations because of bad bones/arthiritis etc and I want to be strong and fit on the inside as well and the outside.

Thats it for now, I hope I can do all this, I feel really good about things at the moment, but then again I have done this in the past and only lasted a week! Lets see shall we?

Sounds like you're in a great place mentally, that's half of the battle won I think. You've got such a healthy way of looking at things, far better to be healthy on the inside and outside than lose loads of weight super quickly and deprive yourself of all the vitamins and minerals you need.

Christmas cruise sounds fantastic, where are you off? I always find holidays a great motivation, as well as being able to wear some lovely clothes its also nice to just reflect on things and get away for a while.

Fab that you have the gym membership already. I'm planning on joining on pay day, do you do classes or just use the gym area? I'm looking for some classes that won't be too intense to start with, any ideas? x

Back