CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

I dont think I will go hungry at the cinema tonight.... Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!!!

Hark at me, I am only two days in on my SW re-start!!! Mind you this is my 234,348.87th attempt!!!!

Look at the bread inside the rolls I had to ditch to make them 60g

Attachments

• 1431437059787.jpg
    1431437059787.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 1431437070622.jpg
    1431437070622.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 50
Thanks Zapps, it was a high level fitness day for me yesterday - I have been getting good results. It really does spur me on (although I forgot to put it on this morning!). Do you have one? I have the Fitbit One, not the wrist watch one because I like my pretty watch! Although I am kind of regretting not getting it now as this one doesn't show as much infomation like heart rate etc. I quite fancied the look of the jawbone one, its more like a bracelet I can wear on my other wrist, than a watch.

Hi Charley I've got the new mini zipfit. I did have the fitbit one but my husband has lost 3, including mine! So we downgraded to the cheaper ones. I love them, gutted when I forget to wear it. I wear mine on my bra as I remember it there more. I decided against the wrist one and the jawbone one as lots of the reviews said they break easily x

Well done on the fitbit stats, I keep thinking I should get one but there's just too much choice. You're food always makes me so hungry!

Hi Charley I've got the new mini zipfit. I did have the fitbit one but my husband has lost 3, including mine! So we downgraded to the cheaper ones. I love them, gutted when I forget to wear it. I wear mine on my bra as I remember it there more. I decided against the wrist one and the jawbone one as lots of the reviews said they break easily x

Thanks for the advice on those jawbones I am a clutz and to break or lose most things, so I would be wasting my money....I am clearly a bit like your husband!!! I might investigate a zip fit xxxx

Well done on the fitbit stats, I keep thinking I should get one but there's just too much choice. You're food always makes me so hungry!

Cheers rubes. How are you doing? All good with the wedding plans?

The fitbit is good, but to be honest I only really use it like a pedometer, perhaps I should have got myself a good pedometer and saved myself a few quid. It is good having the stats to refer to mind. It's also good if you calorie count, which I don't.

Wednesday 13th May

Hi all, I have been a busy bee today. Got up and did 20 mins soft jog on my trampette, then a 15 mins hip hop abs DVD.

Had this for eats:

B - porridge (HEB and A) few raisins, call it (4)

L - Ham salad with Mexican rice (3) (1) for balsamic glaze

Snacks - 2 plums

D - Salmon and prawn stir fry (4) for drizzle of oyster sauce and teeny amount of sesame oil for seasoning.

S - Apple.

Syns - 12

Ooh pressed send too soon. Here are a couple of pics.

I have other news, not big but a bit of a breakthrough - but I am on my phone and it would take ages to type with my sausage fingers. I will type a long post tomorrow at work on my pc. Xxx

Attachments

• 1431553091202.jpg
    1431553091202.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 1431553109437.jpg
    1431553109437.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 58
Hey what's your trampet like, I keep thinking I'd like one, but it's the cost & would I use it that is putting me off, but it's supposed to be good for exercise.

Hmmm, well I had a trampet for years, it was I used and propped up against my wardrobe, together with my hula hoop, and my deflated ball, I have resistance bands, kettlebells and free weights too! The latter I use sometimes. I chucked my trampet about 3 months ago because I never used it and was then told by my physio to get hold of one. So I borrowed my mum's unused one.

What I am trying to say is - if you think you will use it, then get one. They are good. They are gentle impact training. You can jog on it, jump, do star jumps, twist jumps and it is all gentle on your joints and you don't really get too puffed out. You can watch tv whilst doing it.

I need mine for a purpose at the moment, but once I am finished I will give it back to mum.

The Big question is, will you use it or are you like me???

Xxx

So. As avid readers might know (although I have no idea how you keep up with my blurby-type posts – me me me, but then hey, this is my diary and the only one I ever write in (on)!!!)…

I have had my wedding dress since about a month after the wedding was booked – I picked the second one I tried on, purely because it was practical, i.e. lighter-weight than the usual wedding dresses, so I wouldn’t melt too much in the Barbados heat. I felt no love or emotional attachment to the dress, although it was nice enough, I didn’t feel particularly “pretty” in it, in fact to be honest, I felt a bit daft in it! I am not the sort of person who feels comfortable (mentally) in that kind of gear. But I went with it, spend loads on a tiara (again, I felt like a bit of a prat in it) and spent money on some bits to be stitched into the dress to glam it up a bit.

I was also given until July, by my alterations lady to “lose what weight you need to because I won’t have time to do anymore alterations afterwards” which meant for the whole summer I would have to maintain the weight I was from my fitting in July, and it didn’t sit well with me at all. However I went along with it.

When Mick and I spoke about the wedding planning and things, I was all go and organised, but when we talked about the actual day and the excitement and all, I pretended to be as excited as him but in my head there was this thought stopping me and that was losing enough weight to feel good in that damn dress – it was holding my excitement and happiness up (if that makes sense?).

Mick and the Ushers and the bridesmaids are all in really low key, casual wear, Mick is wearing blue linen shorts and a white linen shirt and we have told our guests to wear casual wear – I am the only one who will be wearing something formal and “weddingy”. I mentioned this yesterday to a couple of girls in my IT dept (I went in there on a totally un-related subject and ending up spilling my feelings out, like I am to anyone still reading this post!). I said “I would just love to get away with wearing a pretty maxi dress or summer dress, I plan to wear the current dress up until after the meal and then take it off anyway!” So one of the girls said “well why don’t you?” I went on about tradition and she said “Charlotte, nothing about your wedding IS traditional – the groom is wearing shorts from M&S!” and I thought ok, I will have a little look. I popped to Lakeside and found the dress. I tried it on, its cream and crocheted at the front, like a shift dress that comes to my knees and I immediately felt a genuine smile. I felt pretty. Its not a wedding dress, it’s a dress you might wear to a special occasion, but I think it really suits me. It fits now, but would look better with a few pounds off, so I have right up until my wedding day to lose weight and keep exercising, on the flip side, if I don’t lose any more weight or tone up, then I still have a dress that fits.

So last night, I got in and chatted about it to Mick (he never saw the dress in question!) and he said that he knew something was holding me back before – he wouldn’t care if I wore a bin bag, any more than I would he – the truth of the matter is – our day is about marrying each other, I am marrying the love of my life, the person who is sweet and kind and makes me laugh everyday – the day is not about what he or I look like. Don’t get me wrong, I have spent money on expensive make up and I will have my nails nice and my hair nice – I want to feel pretty – my original dress didn’t make me feel pretty.

So there is my little story that I wanted to share. My bridesmaid is popping round to see it on, and she is 100% supportive. I mentioned it to a girl at work, who believes in tradition and that fairy-tale wedding – while she wasn’t rude about it, but she wasn’t complementary. I explained the dress and she found it on the internet (sneak!) and was kind of skirting the words – she clearly doesn’t approve. I have a need to seek approval from people, which is a trait that I hate about myself. This conversation with my work friend is setting me up for telling my mum and sister, because I know they will think the same!

xxx

Well I'm not too sure if I will use it, I have wii fit & a few wii dance games but don't really use it that much, I can't be doing with the faff of getting it out, we only have 1 tv so I have to do it when Bob is in bed or work & those are the times I cba'd!!!

I would say not to bother then my lovely xxx

When reading your post about the wedding dress already purchased & what everyone else was wearing it did cross my mind why you were dressing up and you wouldn't match everyone else. So yes go with what you want & wear the M&S dress, I'd like to see a pic please if you don't mind. What will you do with purchased dress?

Oh charley I can totally empathise with your post. I've got a gorgeous gown to wear on the day and all I can think about is whether I am going to lose enough weight to get into it and if we have a sunny day (still quite likely in September) am I going to turn into a hot sweaty mess rather than the glowing beautiful bride I want to feel like.

Go for the dress you've seen more recently. It makes you feel prettier so it wins over the more traditional one and as you said it will fit in with the more relaxed feel of your day. Ignore the other lady who was rather negative and enjoy your day feeling as beautiful as your husband thinks you are! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Firstly, thank you both for your support. I really didn't think anyone would read it through without falling asleep! Talk about 1st world problems!!

Michelle, I will probably just put the old dress on ebay, i bought it last September so i wont get anything back from it. I dont care what I get for it. It hasn't been altered or tampered with in anyway. If not, i will put it in the charity shop. I really am not fussed - I know I wasted my money on it, but I would rather someone else get something out of it that can't afford a dress, than it sitting in my mum's wardrobe.

Hey Scarlet, long time no see (read!) - I know your pain hun. It is all encompassing isn't it? You want to be like the average excited bride, but there is this thing that stands in front of your excitement, and that is the weight issue. It should spur you on, but it doesn't, it just panics you more. I know, I understand, I feel that way everytime we book a holiday!

The wedding shop for my original dress wouldn't sell the dress as anything less than I was at the time of buying it, so they took my measurements and that was the size dress I received, so it was slightly bigger in the first place, so any more weight loss the better but I knew the dress would fit me whatever I lost.

The difference between us two is that you love your dress, but I never did. How far away is the dress from fitting you, or does it already fit you, you just want to lose a bit more? And when is your wedding?

Like you said to me, your husband loves you how you are, that is surely all that matters?

xxx

Thursday's scran:

B - Porridge (HEB and A) with raisins (4)

L - Egg and Ham Salad with Salad Cream (2)

Snacks - 2 plums, 3 satsumas and a liberte (1)

D - Salmon and Prawn Stir Fry again (4)

Syns - 11

Lunch and work snacks

Attachments

• 1431609079694.jpg
    1431609079694.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 1431609091472.jpg
    1431609091472.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 48
I had a registry office wedding many many years ago. I'd never wanted the big fairy tale wedding. I'd looked and looked for something to wear and in the end a week before the wedding my friend pressured me into buying a white skirt and matching top. I got home tried it on and hated it. We were getting married on the Friday and on the Wednesday I couldn't bear it, I took it back and bought a very pretty (I thought) white and yellow summery dress. I felt great in it. Don't let anyone tell you what you should wear, it's your wedding and as long as you are happy then the people that love you will be happy too. I'd love to see the new dress and I'm sure you've made the right choice x

Thanks Zapps. Your story is similar to mine. Peer pressure eh? The fact is I didn't feel right in it, but because i felt I should have a proper dress, then I went for it. I am on my phone and can't send a link (I don't know how!!!!) But if you go onto Evans website and type in crochet in the search, it should come up. Xxxx

Hey Charlie. I just looked up your new dress and looks lovely. As others have said you wear what you feel comfortable in. The most important thing is that you and your loved ones have a great day. XX

Back