CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Here to sub :) So nice to have minis back isn't it

Your wedding photos look lovely - so picturesque! xx

Hi Saz nice to meet you, do you have a diary?

Thank you for your kind words. It was a truly wonderful day. I would recommend to anyone to get married abroad,it was so lovely and intimate...and we had a big old party when we got back.

Have a good day xx

Hi Saz nice to meet you, do you have a diary?

Thank you for your kind words. It was a truly wonderful day. I would recommend to anyone to get married abroad,it was so lovely and intimate...and we had a big old party when we got back.

Have a good day xx

Hi :) Yes i do, the link is in my signature below.

Oh i bet t would be lovely - but i just know that I would have a lot of angry relatives that wouldn't be able to make it/afford it etc. Though I'm not even engaged so its not up for consideration! haha xx

Yay, nice to see you back, those pics are amazing, you both look so happy. The dress is lovely, it really suits you & looks perfect for the day.

Michelle! Hi!
How are you? Are you doing well? Thank you, we had such a wonderful day, well holiday really - being away with our families was just the best. We are desperate to win some money so we can do it all again!

How have you been keeping?

I have been having a "which diet should I choose" crisis, so I haven't been on here much, not only that, but I hate the fact there is no more App. I don't really have access to a computer, other than the one at work, so uploading pictures is a real pain from my phone, you can only upload pics there and then rather than select ones from your gallery. Well, that's how I can see it, but my techno brain is not the best so I am not sure whether there is a way or not...anyway, it has put me off a bit. RAMBLE!

I have joined back to WW - oh the SW gods are giving me daggers! I just feel like I am too greedy on SW and have it just because I can - if the option is taken away from me, then I won't have it....well that's my logic. Plus I can have wine on WW without it being too syn-y - so bonus!

xxx

Monday 22nd Feb

I have been AWOL - partly due to the fact I am useless at figuring things out, like how to upload a photo from my phone gallery, partly because I was hit with a particularly nasty bowel infection last week (the grimmest thing I have encountered thus far in my life) and partly because I have swung pendulum style over SW v WW. WW has won this round, so I am back with that. I did well for the three weeks I tried it, losing 9lbs - but then I decided I needed more food in my life so I went back to SW, ate loads of pasta and rice and potatoes and stayed the same the first week and gained the second week....SO - WW has won my heart, for now, but I am a fickle person I will no doubt switcharoo soon when I realise where my bread is buttered....

Breakfast - Yogurt and strawbs (3sp)
Lunch - 2x Warburton Thins filled with half an avocado, half pack of chicken slices and some flora light (14sp)
Pre-Dinner Snack (if I need it): Warburton Thin with marmite (3sp) - I may not need this, but I get hungry at 5pm usually on WW and can't wait until I get home (I get home at 6:45pm) - so this will be my standard back up.
Dinner - Count on Us Beef Lasagne (12sp) with salad
S - Chocolate Bar (12sp)
TOTAL: 38sp + 6sp from weekly allowance
I get 38sp per day plus 42sp weekly allowance (that's it now though, I have used my 42 weekly now, so I had better be on the straight and narrow until Friday!)

Tuesday - 23rd Feb

Well, I had a lovely dinner last night, those count on us meals are really good and I love that they have a 3 for £10 offer all the time! The lasagne was delish. I will get some more of those.

Since I was sick last week, and off my food somewhat, I realised that I should only really eat when I am hungry - I know its a really obvious statement, but I get to work and think "breakfast" and eat breakfast whether I am hungry or not, then around midday I think "lunch" and eat, again whether I am hungry or not, and I will eat everything I have brought in, until its all gone. Then around 5ish I am hungry and have nothing to eat until I get home and prepare a meal and sit down at around 7:30pm. Being ill, I really only ate because I had to keep my strength up, not because I wanted it or fancied it, so I got to thinking, why don't I try this way of eating on a day to day basis? So this morning I prepped my strawbs and had my yogurt handy and its just gone 11am and I am only just eating my yogurt and had a few strawbs. Which means I won't need lunch for a while, which means I shouldn't effectively be hungry at 5pm tonight? I am just pushing my meals back a bit and making the food last me....I won't eat my crisps straight after my sandwich today, I will have them if I am peckish this afternoon.

Lets see if its works.....it is still morning after all!!

Today's eats

B - Yogurt and Strawbs (a whole punnet I plan to eat throughout the day, although you don't get many in a punnet these days do you!?) (3)
L - 1x Aldi Thin with chicken and flora light (5) and crisps (4)
D - Steak (5) and Chips (7) and salad and dressing (1)
S - 1x Aldi Thin with marmite (3) and Malteser Hot Chocolate (3)

TOTAL POINTS - 31sp
I have 7sp left to play with, if I get hungry I will use them

Totally agree with you. I had to do a lot of work to realise that food is there if I need it and no need to eat for sake of eating. Now I have crisps, biscuits & all sorts in the cupboards without the need of scoffing them all at once - mind from time to time I eat a whole packet of biscuits and later think why did I do that- I did not fancy them anyway. I think it is a habit and I need to work harder to come to terms with it. Now I do not deprive myself of anything if I fancy something I have it & be good after.

You will get there Charley- I know being ill is not good but these sort of things happen to make us aware us of our habits and learn from it.

Stay positive and you get there.

Totally agree with you. I had to do a lot of work to realise that food is there if I need it and no need to eat for sake of eating. Now I have crisps, biscuits & all sorts in the cupboards without the need of scoffing them all at once - mind from time to time I eat a whole packet of biscuits and later think why did I do that- I did not fancy them anyway. I think it is a habit and I need to work harder to come to terms with it. Now I do not deprive myself of anything if I fancy something I have it & be good after.

You will get there Charley- I know being ill is not good but these sort of things happen to make us aware us of our habits and learn from it.

Stay positive and you get there.

Exactly Rosa - I haven't got to the stage where I can have tons of goodies in the house and just take one at a time, I am not that strong - but I have bought multipack crisps which I want to try and eat every now and then rather than all at once. The beauty of WW is that you can have a couple of bags and it won't "break the bank" points-wise, whereas on SW you get so few syns a day (which I only used on enhancing meals rather than treats) that if I needed a treat and couldn't stop at one bag of crisps or one biscuit - then I failed for the day.

We none of us are perfect are we Rosa? I know I will always struggle, but at least we are aware of our faults and try to rectify them. Do you have a diary Rosa?

x

Yes if you look under food diaries it is called the final frontier. I have not completed for a couple of weeks. I will start doing it next week.

Yes if you look under food diaries it is called the final frontier. I have not completed for a couple of weeks. I will start doing it next week.

I can't find you! Are you in SW food diaries? Or the weight loss diaries?

Michelle! Hi!
How are you? Are you doing well? Thank you, we had such a wonderful day, well holiday really - being away with our families was just the best. We are desperate to win some money so we can do it all again!

How have you been keeping?

I have been having a "which diet should I choose" crisis, so I haven't been on here much, not only that, but I hate the fact there is no more App. I don't really have access to a computer, other than the one at work, so uploading pictures is a real pain from my phone, you can only upload pics there and then rather than select ones from your gallery. Well, that's how I can see it, but my techno brain is not the best so I am not sure whether there is a way or not...anyway, it has put me off a bit. RAMBLE!

I have joined back to WW - oh the SW gods are giving me daggers! I just feel like I am too greedy on SW and have it just because I can - if the option is taken away from me, then I won't have it....well that's my logic. Plus I can have wine on WW without it being too syn-y - so bonus!

xxx

Hiiiii, I'm fine, still in target with SW, sometimes its easy sometimes its not so easy. He, he, I'd love to win some money too, there are so many places I want to visit, but we're still youngish & maybe I'll get to a lot of the places I want to before I retire, just as well I like Aldi & Primark, lol.

I never thought that on SW people would be greedy, but just lately I've heard it a lot, especially over doing it on the carbs, so switching to WW does make sense. At the end of the day it's whatever weight loss plan works for you.

I get the only eating when you're hungry, it is a habit eating. If you look at skinny people they will stop eating when full and don't eat just because its breakfast/lunch/tea time xx

Hiiiii, I'm fine, still in target with SW, sometimes its easy sometimes its not so easy. He, he, I'd love to win some money too, there are so many places I want to visit, but we're still youngish & maybe I'll get to a lot of the places I want to before I retire, just as well I like Aldi & Primark, lol.

I never thought that on SW people would be greedy, but just lately I've heard it a lot, especially over doing it on the carbs, so switching to WW does make sense. At the end of the day it's whatever weight loss plan works for you.

I get the only eating when you're hungry, it is a habit eating. If you look at skinny people they will stop eating when full and don't eat just because its breakfast/lunch/tea time xx

Hi Michelle,

It is a big wide world out there, and ours for the taking...well if you have ready cash that is! I am a total Aldi fan, I am loving it, I have been there in the past but it was never a weekly shopping venue before - we prefer Tesco but it has gotten so expensive, in a slowly creeping up on you kind of way. So we went a few weeks ago! Its fabulous, and much improved on when it first opened up all those years ago.

My friend really pointed it out to me, it doesn't actually teach you (or people like me) how to control yourself, that is something you have to have inside you, if someone tells me "you can eat as much of that as you can" then I will. But with WW, it forces you to look at the amount of chips you pile onto your plate. I think I need the hard rules, I need discipline!
Their app is so much better than SW's app too, you can gain more points if you exercise too, which is a good incentive if you know you are going to have a big weekend or something. That's what I need to claw back, my fitness - I don't really exercise anymore - I have been reading my diary and I used to be so active at the gym and with DVDs at home. I really need to get back to that.

I hope you are well

Charlotte

Wednesday 24th Feb

Day two of only eating when I am hungry! Yesterday was a success, I am going for it again today.

B - Grapes and Yogurt (its 3pm and I never ate the yogurt for breakfast - I picked at the grapes and didn't need it, I will have it in a minute though) (3sp)
L - Steak and Salad, with dressing and an Aldi Thin, with flora light (5+1+3+1 =10sp)
D - 2x Lightly Dusted Haddock Fillets from Aldi with a whole avocado (6+10 = 16sp)
S - My Aldi thin with marmite (3sp), Malteser hot chocolate (3sp) and Boots Raspberry and Hazelnut Bar (3sp)

That is my daily total of 38sp

I hate it when you have to spend so many points/syns on healthy things like avocado, it seems so unfair, that one item of food uses up over 1/4 of my daily allowance. I am really going to enjoy it though. I won't buy them for a couple of weeks, its a nice treat every now and then though.

Can anyone tell me how to post pictures on this thing straight from my phone please? I love taking foody pics!

x

Thursday 25th Feb

I had the worst nights sleep EVER last night. My mind was fully awake and I couldn't stop it from racing. I am feeling really positive about this new way of eating and I feel full of beans, so I lay in bed with my phone finding the WW SmartPoints for lots of new things to try - which took me to about 12:30am, when I started thinking about doing up my kitchen, which took me on all sorts of website and that got me to 2am, when I started thinking about running my own bar!!!! My mind was racing and I didn't know why. I then was trying to force myself to sleep which doesn't work especially when you are not tired, that's when songs started repeating in my head, Englishman in New York on loop, in my head....! It reminded me of when I was a kid and I got I Should Be So Lucky stuck on loop in my head for weeks while I tried to sleep, it used to frustrate me almost to tears......I eventually got off to sleep around 4:30am and was up at 7am putting a Bolognese in the crock pot, I haven't ever slow cooked Bolognese before, I hope its ok.

I had a pint of fresh lemon and ginger water that I made up before I went to bed - so I wondered if ginger was what made me so alert - apparently its a natural stimulant, it aids circulation and energises!!! Dumb @ss! So no more drinking that at night. I hate ginger, but when I was poorly last week I was advised to drink it with fresh lemon as a hot tea to help my tummy settle and it really worked, I am actually beginning to think its not such a bad root (I used to call it the root of all evil!) - I will never eat a ginger nut or stem ginger, but fresh ginger is not so bad!

Foods today:

B1 – This was at 3:30am, so I guess counts as today! I could not get to sleep and was really hungry, I didn’t eat huge amounts yesterday, although the food was nutritious, I was hungry, so I ate a Raspberry and Hazelnut Bar from Boots (3sp) it was amazing, but those shaper bars are pretty expensive for the size of the bars – 65p I think, I will be looking for cheaper options at Aldis on Friday night.

B2 – Grapes to chomp on throughout the morning and yogurt (3)

L – Chicken (2) cooked with Nando marinade (0) and salad with low fat salad cream (2) and a thin (3) with flora light (1)

D – Spaghetti Bolognese (12)

Snacks – Thin with PB2 (4) Turkish Delight (4) 2x Boots Crunchy Onion Rings (4)

Total points – 38 out of 38

IMAG0031.jpg

Hmmm that was my mid afternoon 4sp snack from earlier...it barely touched the sides..

I have had another positive, albeit tiring day, food has been great all week and I am keeping fingers crossed for a good loss at tomorrow's weigh in...altho I do have to bear in mind that I lost a lot of weight last week due to being ill, so my body may well have regualted a little as I have eaten more than last week.

Friday 26th - my happy day, the weekend is almost upon us!

WI this morning saw 1lb loss, I am happy with it, I would have secretly liked more, but then who doesn't when they have been good all week and only get a 1lb loss? You can't win them all, I am just pleased I never gained back any of my starvation loss of last week.

So this weekend is going to be busy and with a busy social calendar comes naughtiness in the shape of food and drink. I am really going to try hard to plan and prepare, I have already planned and prepared, I just hope it pans out this way:

Today:

B - Fruit
L - Chicken (2) Salad (0) Salad Cream (2) and Thin (3)
D - Chicken Thighs (10) they are so high on WW! and Rice (10)
S - Onion Ring Crisps (4)

Tomorrow:

Brunch - 2x BLT Wraps (11) and cinema snacks 4x packs of Boots Shapers Crisps (8)
Tea - Chicken Kebab (18)
Snack - Bottle of Red (19)

Sunday:

Brunch - not sure yet
Tea - Eating out and having Steak and Chips (15)
Snack - Bottle of Red (19)

It looks like I will be going way into my weeklies this weekend, the app is saying if I have all of the above and nothing more I will have 16 weeklies left for the week - which I am actually quite pleased about. The danger will be Sunday Brunch.

So Saturday we are at the cinema in the morning to see The Finest Hours, I will be taking my wraps and snacks with me (it starts at 10am), then we are going to head to Croydon where we are visiting Mick's brother's family and staying over - this usually entails lots of booze and naughty West Indian Food, which would probably be good on SW as it is lots of stewed meats and heavy amounts of rice, sadly on WW it would be a no no. I have already warned my sister in law that I am on WW and will need to be good, so I am planning on getting a Chicken Shish Kebab, lots of salad - I have estimated 18 which I think should cover it with sauces / any oils etc. We are also taking red wine and I am going to be mindful to stick to my points on that. They also always put out snacks, like crisps and dips and nuts which I will aim to avoid. Lots of minefields going on in Croydon tomorrow night!

Sunday we are travelling from Croydon to Lahndon - where we are going to stay overnight and have ourselves a nice day in town. We both work in London and rarely take advantage of it as a place to go of a weekend. So we are staying in this very cool hotel we have stayed in before and we are going on a little bit of a pub crawl and doing some walking and we are going to have an early supper at Smollenskys, where I have already decided to have steak and chips with salad. Another point estimation. Re. the booze for Sunday, I have decided to have a small wine in every other pub we go to. So I will max my wine to 6 small glasses!

Let's see if my carefully thought out plan works!

xxx

Back